WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

bearded dragon tips

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I know I am in the WRONG FORUM, and this has nothing to do with boats...... but I know one of you has to have beardies.....:D

here goes...Sorry.... I have 2 babies I think they are 5 months or so...could be less. Supposably male and a female. We have had them for about a month. They are doing great we have a terrific reptile store and the gal there is super helpful.... So my "female" ("Bindi" as my boys call her, she is so cute:p) Looks REALLY fat today. I put them in a bigger enclosure Friday and moved them up to the "medium" crickets...... They don't seem to have a problem getting the crickets down and have had a healthy appetite. They have a Power-sun UVA/UVB heat 100W bulb and a infered ceramic heating element for chilly nights. My digital thermometer is only reading about 95 and that is the middle of the enclosure. I gave them a good 10 minute soak this evening (had to cut it short, I sorta dropped my beer in the bath, gave them a scare ) But they have not pooped..:cool:.. Is it the crickets? Is it the low temp (plan on getting something they can get higher up on) Thanks for the imput....

let the beating begin... I I could get just one helpful post it will be worth it! :D :drnkfr:moon:

edit - I just posted this on a bearded dragon forum and got worked by what I can only imagine is a 15year old.....

first you need to read this
http://www.mybeardie.com/housing-multiple-bearded-dragons.php

your dragons should not be housed together its a horrible idea.
What is your basking temp at? it needs to be around 105-110 for proper digestion. if it isnt at a good temp than they cant fully digest the exoskeleton of the crix and can cause issues.

Last edited:

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm, no help here. My "dragon" or whatever you want to call it, is unbearded....

:D

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I suggest shaving the beards. :thumbsup

LLGirl

sometimes Mr. LLGril ;)
Reaction score
our bearded's enclosure is around the same temp, although he basks on a lob close to the lamp. We feed him mango and lettuce along with crickets. Sometimes he's close to a week without a movement. Seems to be normal. We've had him almost 5 years. They'll do whatever their body regulates. Wouldn't be too worried.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
our bearded's enclosure is around the same temp, although he basks on a lob close to the lamp. We feed him mango and lettuce along with crickets. Sometimes he's close to a week without a movement. Seems to be normal. We've had him almost 5 years. They'll do whatever their body regulates. Wouldn't be too worried.

thank you!! I hear "lettuce" give them the runs... but what do I know. The "beardie forum" told me to separate them and get them a hotter bulb....

Sleeper CP

Reaction score
Hmmm, no help here. My "dragon" or whatever you want to call it, is unbearded....

:D

I guess mines un-hooded ;)

S CP :rolleyes:

To the OP those damn Crickets get expensive.... buy them in bulk from mail order. Mrs. S CP found that two of the largest cricket farms are about 15 miles from us. She started buying them for $ 12.50 for 500 of them or 250 at $ 10.00

Both little ones decided they wanted to get them last year. Now the dragons only get crickets once a week or so. They do love the mill worms..... yummy.

S CP :D