WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bass Boat A-Holes!

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I dropped off my wife at the marina at Havasu Springs yesterday afternoon around 2:15pm, she walked up the hill to get the truck and trailer and bring it to the launch ramp so we could pull the boat out. As she was doing that I ran the boat back out into the open area and pulled the ski pole down, put the ski rope away, put the covers on the skis and waited for her turn to pull into the launch ramp.

In the time I had the engine hatch open to remove the ski pole and put the rope away there must have been 20 bass boats hovering around the mouth of the launch channel, they came out of nowhere. These people are the rudest individuals, they were jumping line for the launch ramp, they were bypassing the line by backing down the ramp that you'd normally go up and out of after you pull your boat out.

When my wife's turn came up to back the trailer in, some asshole tried to squeeze in on the trash dumpster side and she shut him down. I hopped in the boat after I got it hooked as my wife pulled it out when he said to me my wife needs to learn how to drive. I told him that she did fine, she made it to the water - a lot better than you did - he was seething. He was yelling something as we pulled the boat up the hill, I just shined him on.

I thought Seadooers were bad, but these guys took the cake.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not sure I understood the whole story there but assholes aren't limited to boat types..

PUMPKIN TITS

Reaction score
Sounds like the nearest "Rollbar boat" association sponsored a fishing derby

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Maybe it's the fishing side of it.
They're pissed off and drunk and failing and out lot's of money.
Most the real bad ass kickings I've seen on the launch ramps are a Bass Fisherman getting drums sets played on his head by someones fists.

Hear it all the time on the island from fisherman:
"Man you guys just bring your boat over here to relax. No stress, no expense of fishing,,, BBQ, swim, snorkel,, mix drinks, music,, soak up the sun,, that's the way to go.."

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Give them full ballast tanks and black socks and it's game on!!!!

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Maybe it's the fishing side of it.
They're pissed off and drunk and failing and out lot's of money.
Most the real bad ass kickings I've seen on the launch ramps are a Bass Fisherman getting drums sets played on his head by someones fists.

Hear it all the time on the island from fisherman:
"Man you guys just bring your boat over here to relax. No stress, no expense of fishing,,, BBQ, swim, snorkel,, mix drinks, music,, soak up the sun,, that's the way to go.."

Nothing like pissing off a blow-boter on the the ball next to you when you fire up 2 diesels at 4am :D

IMHO guys with trailerable parker_boats_logo.jpg are right up there with bass boaters. On busy weekends the fuel dock in Huntington can get backed up since it only has two usable sides, 40' (depending on tide) & 60'. Cannot tell you how many times I've seen these Parker guys try to cut the line in-front of big Sportfishers. The attendants tell them to shove off and wait their turn, and the PGs get all pissed and cop an attitude.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Nothing like pissing off a blow-boter on the the ball next to you when you fire up 2 diesels at 4am :D

IMHO guys with trailerable View attachment 328000 are right up there with bass boaters. On busy weekends the fuel dock in Huntington can get backed up since it only has two usable sides, 40' (depending on tide) & 60'. Cannot tell you how many times I've seen these Parker guys try to cut the line in-front of big Sportfishers. The attendants tell them to shove off and wait their turn, and the PGs get all pissed and cop an attitude.

Now that were back in Dana I get to deal with blow boters again. :thumbsdown They are just special at the fuel dock. They spend an hour to get 10 gallons of whatever. I spend 20 min and buy 200+ gallons. Pussys.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
I've seen my share of flake boats charging down the ramp at the crack o light at Templebar- Deltasig with little or zero concern for anyone. Of course we were the only ones up at that hour jonesin' to get on the water after an all nighter in the parking lot waiting for sun-up:thumbsup

nowski

Reaction score
Well except those Schiada owners. Those guys are dicks. :D
I met a guy a couple of months ago (one Saturday morning ) that is a Schiada owner, he seemed like a pretty nice guy. Do there personalities change when they put their boats in the water??? I didn't notice the bass fisherman's sticker on the back of his truck but noticed a few others that may be suspect to a adrenaline rush...

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Roll bar boaters, fisherman, pwc and sailboaters are all dicks. Let me check.

<-------Whew Luvnlife is all good;):thumbsup:thumbsup

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
In my experience, the bass boat guys have their shit together at the ramp. They launch and retrieve their boats far more often than most, and I can understand not wanting to watch someone play fuck fuck.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
In my experience, the bass boat guys have their shit together at the ramp. They launch and retrieve their boats far more often than most, and I can understand not wanting to watch someone play fuck fuck.

This is mostly true, but when they drop off their driver they hang right at the ramp, sometimes quite a few of them and no one else can get in or off the lake.:rolleyes

JB in so cal

Reaction score
All sail boat owners are assholes. Come down and spend a day with me and you will figure that out on your own.

Don't forget the SUP fux:rolleyes the west end is like a bunch of slow motion lake lice...

awesome1

Reaction score
What assholes! I mean who the fuck uses a boat to fish with! Wtf!!

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I met a guy a couple of months ago (one Saturday morning ) that is a Schiada owner, he seemed like a pretty nice guy. Do there personalities change when they put their boats in the water??? I didn't notice the bass fisherman's sticker on the back of his truck but noticed a few others that may be suspect to a adrenaline rush...

He must be one of those rare guys with a pile of shit Schiada. Lol

RVRKID

Reaction score
Nothing better then pulling up to the ramp at sun up with a beer in your hand while 2 bass boats are launching with coffee in their hand and just staring at us and our music. Wow that was a great night and a long time ago!

Spot

Reaction score
Most bass fisherman are very experienced boaters. Most are on the lake weekly, year around. Havasu draws a good group of bass guys. OP I am sorry you had a rough experience but don't judge an entire group by the actions of a few.

With that said, I have seen bass fisherman launch over a 100 boats in 20 mins. These guys have their stuff together on the launch ramp.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Try launching behind the 6 guys with a Duck Blind. ;) Shit spread all over multiple ramps literally building the damn thing. :thumbsdown

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
This is mostly true, but when they drop off their driver they hang right at the ramp, sometimes quite a few of them and no one else can get in or off the lake.:rolleyes

I've seen so many people do this. Off the trailer, block the ramp, crank up the stereo and pull out their phone. Look at me:rolleyes I'm the only one in the world:thumbsdown

Andy B.

Reaction score
Funny you mention this. I had an a-hole leave his boat at the end of the dock instead of either side(he was the only one tide off). I told my wife keeping coming i'll step over his boat(he got the hint). People need to have common sense, think of others not just your self!!!

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I brought some girl out last Memorial Day Weekend and we were launching at the Willow Valley launch ramp. She has no trailer backing up or boat driving experience so I had to do everything by myself(no big deal). WV is a two lane ramp and I backed down at the same exact time the guy next to me did. I launch, drive the boat to the courtesy beach and and then literally ran back to my truck on the ramp (there's a long line waiting). The guy next to me (real jerk-off) says, "Hey man, you need to teach her to do that so you don't hog the ramp up". I said, "You think a holiday weekend is the best time to teach someone?:rolleyes...BTW- You still haven't got your boat off the trailer and mine is already on the beach so figure your own shit out before you give me advice." Then I pulled away :D

She ended up getting some boat driving experience in though. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 970444_129553593911282_576417158_n.jpg
    970444_129553593911282_576417158_n.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 37

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
So true. Dipshits for sure.

On a mooring in Avalon, one of my kids jumped off the roof and into the water. Splashed some asshole blowbote moored next to us. The guy starts yelling and I told him we're sorry. We didn't realize at the time those are not real boats and will dissolve if they get wet.

brgrcru

Reaction score
speaking of fisherman, some guy came into my place with a real nice Mercury racing jacket, I asked "are you racing or working for Mercury" he looked at me in complete amazement like why I wouldn't know and said ," no! I am a professional tourney fishermen, I am sponsored by them ." How am I suppose to know. he walked away all pissed off.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
On a mooring in Avalon, one of my kids jumped off the roof and into the water. Splashed some asshole blowbote moored next to us. The guy starts yelling and I told him we're sorry. We didn't realize at the time those are not real boats and will dissolve if they get wet.

Hahahaha!!! DON"T GET THE BOAT WET!!!!!!!

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
speaking of fisherman, some guy came into my place with a real nice Mercury racing jacket, I asked "are you racing or working for Mercury" he looked at me in complete amazement like why I wouldn't know and said ," no! I am a professional tourney fishermen, I am sponsored by them ." How am I suppose to know. he walked away all pissed off.

Did you puts your hands up, wiggle your fingers and say "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" :D