I happened to drop by Advantage earlier this week so I figured I would take some pics of some pretty cool builds they have going on over there. First up they finally popped the giant 34 Deck Boat out of the mold and it's in Rigging! These boats are so massive it's hard to get the whole boat in a shot inside the building.

IMG_4012.jpg
IMG_4013.jpg
IMG_4016.jpg
IMG_4017.jpg

This is something I have never seen before. The Rigger said it was part of the Mercathode system. Anybody ever seen this before?

IMG_4018.jpg
IMG_4019.jpg
IMG_4020.jpg

It's a little like open heart surgery at this point, but if you know what you are looking for it's fairly obvious this boat is going to be built to the hilt, and rigged to the 10's. Advantage has really stepped up their game as well completely finishing out the entire engine bays with smooth gel, instead of splatter paint and textured surfaces.

IMG_4024.jpg
IMG_4021.jpg
IMG_4022.jpg
IMG_4023.jpg

This boat is going to be a runner with Teague 985's. I don't have the exact #'s, but I predict it will run in the mid to upper 130's.

IMG_4014.jpg
IMG_4015.jpg

Dash under wrap while they are rigging

IMG_4025.jpg

Looking over to the right I saw that they also had a 28 Party Cat XL in the rigging process.

IMG_4032.jpg
IMG_4029.jpg
IMG_4030.jpg

This boat is getting is a more mild powered HO
IMG_4035.jpg
IMG_4036.jpg
IMG_4033.jpg
IMG_4027.jpg
IMG_4034.jpg
IMG_4028.jpg

The next room over had a new 27 X Flight getting ready to be wetsanded and buffed.

IMG_4038.jpg
IMG_4040.jpg

They have a lot more going on then just these builds, but these were the highlights and I'm limited to pics I can put in a front page article.

If you have an opportunity while you are in Havasu stop by their facility. It is a pretty amazing place from a boat nostalgia standpoint and they have more cool pics of boats / racing / and history on the walls then any other facility in Havasu. It's amazing to see old sport cats with twin Merc Outboards on them, to their Victory series racing in various races around the country, and it all has a pretty cool aviation twist that Bob would be happy to tell you about.

For more information call Advantage boats - 928-680-2628 and ask for Bob.

RD