WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How much money do you have in your RZR? And pics...........

NicPaus

Reaction score
Yesterday marked 1 year since Veedrivens girl had her accident in Parker while staying at my place. Not a roll just put the RZR on its side and put her hand out to break the fall. She hit a washout in the trail. Same trail I had my RZR accident on and realized how important safety equipment is.

lf2

Reaction score
How do those work? Does the Velcro end hook on the steering column and you put your hands through the loops at the other end?

the velcro end goes on your wrist and the loop end goes over the metal buckle on your seatbelts, so when you unlatch the belt it comes off and you can get out with them on your wrist. you adjust the length so your arm cant get outside the vehicle.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
So I'm gonna bit the bullet and get a rzr only question is I'm going to use it in Havasu 99% of the time. Is it worth getting the turbo one or just staying with the 10000? What do you guys think that have them?

Hammer

Reaction score
So I'm gonna bit the bullet and get a rzr only question is I'm going to use it in Havasu 99% of the time. Is it worth getting the turbo one or just staying with the 10000? What do you guys think that have them?

You don't need the turbo IMO. My N/A hauls ass for what I'm going to do. Plus I can supposedly get 131 HP out a N/A motor for less than what the turbo car would cost TO UPGRADE. It's not worth the 28k IMO

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
You don't need the turbo IMO. My N/A hauls ass for what I'm going to do. Plus I can get supposedly get 131 HP out a N/A motor for less than what the turbo car would cost TO UPGRADE. It's not worth the 28k IMO

That's what I'm thinking but I will kick myself in the ass if I start dunning I'm sure. Lol

boatnam2

Reaction score
I picked up a 16 xp4 1000 the Saturday before Thanksgiving. We went out three times over the week. Loved it. I did the full aluminum doors that Polaris offers now. They were $900, I figure I will sell them for $600 when I go aftermarket. I really wanted doors for the week as I have a 3 year old and a 6 year old in the back seat. Has anyone done window nets? I am concerned about by my wife and daughters hands.

Always wondered why they don"t come with them at least as a option, guess arms are easy to fix.

2Driver

Reaction score

I wouldn't do the turbo. The 1,000 has plenty of power and I personally have no faith in a turbocharged Polaris engine. Save your money and buy the ext warranty and a half dozen belts

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking but I will kick myself in the ass if I start dunning I'm sure. Lol

If you have the bank to buy the turbo, sure why not. But I will tell you this, you shouldn't feel like you need it. Mine gets used in havasu, but it gets driven in glamis! I have not been disappointed with its performance one bit. But, if I was buying one today (turbo wasn't avail when I bought mine) I would buy the turbo just cuz it does kick ass. But again, trust me- the non turbo kicks plenty of ass bone stock!

TCHB

Reaction score
I have a new 1000 and use it mostly in the dunes. This car has plenty of power for the bigger hills and bowls.
In Havasu it is hard to find places to really push the machine because of the way the trails are and big rocks.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I have a new 1000 and use it mostly in the dunes. This car has plenty of power for the bigger hills and bowls.
In Havasu it is hard to find places to really push the machine because of the way the trails are and big rocks.

This is kinda what I was thinking. When we went out I never really went over 15-20 out in the hills.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
If you have the bank to buy the turbo, sure why not. But I will tell you this, you shouldn't feel like you need it. Mine gets used in havasu, but it gets driven in glamis! I have not been disappointed with its performance one bit. But, if I was buying one today (turbo wasn't avail when I bought mine) I would buy the turbo just cuz it does kick ass. But again, trust me- the non turbo kicks plenty of ass bone stock!

Lol I definitely don't.

G. Faulk

Reaction score

Look at it this way, your girls getting breast implants. She can take and get and be comfortable with 450 CCs but maybe you should just do 350 CCs. :D:D

What I hear about the Turbo 4 2016 is not just the turbo but other up grades also. Shocks brakes frame etc... Maybe the non turbo 2016 has these up grades, I don't know.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
A 1000 4 seat car on hardpack is fine - it doesn't have the turbo clutching system.

but when you put on decent sized paddles its dog in the sand.

- and when you take a loaded up 4 seat car in the dunes - the big ones - you start loosing belts.

Just bought the Ripp Tied clutch upgrade which uses a much bigger arctic cat belt and bigger diameter primary and secondary.

Acts like a lower gear with same ultimate 1-1 top so net net you gain a gear everywhere especially on the backshift.

UD

TCHB

Reaction score
I just put 100 miles on my RZR all in the sand and have never had a hill or a bowl that I can not get up. Recently I put a friends sand tires on it and it felt like I had more go power not less. I was going up hills much faster than with the stock tires and higher in the bowls with less throttle. I have two seat model (2016). I am sure there is a hill I can not get up but so far very happy with the power.

77charger

Reaction score
A 1000 4 seat car on hardpack is fine - it doesn't have the turbo clutching system.

but when you put on decent sized paddles its dog in the sand.

- and when you take a loaded up 4 seat car in the dunes - the big ones - you start loosing belts.

Just bought the Ripp Tied clutch upgrade which uses a much bigger arctic cat belt and bigger diameter primary and secondary.

Acts like a lower gear with same ultimate 1-1 top so net net you gain a gear everywhere especially on the backshift.

UD
Had a friend who blew out 2 belts in a 4 seater last week at glamis.The first trip he took it blew one belt the first 55 miles.Another blew one in a turbo can am now that took 2.5 hours just to swap and finish it back at camp another hour!!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I just put 100 miles on my RZR all in the sand and have never had a hill or a bowl that I can not get up. Recently I put a friends sand tires on it and it felt like I had more go power not less. I was going up hills much faster than with the stock tires and higher in the bowls with less throttle. I have two seat model (2016). I am sure there is a hill I can not get up but so far very happy with the power.

The 2 seat cars are a blast and up to a certain diameter they respond well to paddles but 30"s that bite and float will defiantly take the edge off the NA car. Especially with 2 - 200+ pound dudes.

We've got 2 cars in the shop now being modded. We put a bilge blower inline in the fresh air intake to keep the clutch cool - but I prefer an open clutch with a half cover in glamis/ sand.

77 - totally believe it - the stock clutch and belt setup for sand with big wheels is just too small for these cars.
We put a bilge blower inline in the fresh air intake to keep the clutches cool and still lose them.

Do you know if he was running and open clutch or with a clutch cover? That clutch cover holds heat.

All the above is why I just upgraded the entire drive assembly with Boondocker snowmobile setup.

UD

Attachments

• zeus jr glamis.jpg
    zeus jr glamis.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 191
  • NAT_1120.jpg
    NAT_1120.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 238
  • NAT_1123.jpg
    NAT_1123.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 210
  • NAT_1145.jpg
    NAT_1145.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 215

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Had a friend who blew out 2 belts in a 4 seater last week at glamis.The first trip he took it blew one belt the first 55 miles.Another blew one in a turbo can am now that took 2.5 hours just to swap and finish it back at camp another hour!!

Should be about a 15 minute job on a RZR

5 min take off the cover
5 min use the tool on the secondary to take the old one off and to cut the belt shreds off
5 minutes to bolt etc cover back on.

add 100 dollar belt. (or 300 if bought in glamis)

Drive 20-300 miles - repeat.

Hope to be done with that shit.

UD

Hammer

Reaction score
The 2 seat cars are a blast and up to a certain diameter they respond well to paddles but 30"s that bite and float will defiantly take the edge off the NA car. Especially with 2 - 200+ pound dudes.

We've got 2 cars in the shop now being modded. We put a bilge blower inline in the fresh air intake to keep the clutch cool - but I prefer an open clutch with a half cover in glamis/ sand.

77 - totally believe it - the stock clutch and belt setup for sand with big wheels is just too small for these cars.
We put a bilge blower inline in the fresh air intake to keep the clutches cool and still lose them.

Do you know if he was running and open clutch or with a clutch cover? That clutch cover holds heat.

All the above is why I just upgraded the entire drive assembly with Boondocker snowmobile setup.

UD

What is the boondocker snowmobile set up?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Should be about a 15 minute job on a RZR

5 min take off the cover
5 min use the tool on the secondary to take the old one off and to cut the belt shreds off
5 minutes to bolt etc cover back on.

add 100 dollar belt. (or 300 if bought in glamis)

Drive 20-300 miles - repeat.

Hope to be done with that shit.

UD

You need to add time for beer and bullshiting!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
What is the boondocker snowmobile set up?

Boondockers sells a kit called the Ripp Tied clutch kit.

Net Net - Bigger primary, Bigger secondary, Bigger Better Belt, half cover for sand, or full cover with integrated blower for rock mud

Allows belt to act as final drive ratio convert from low range to high range with belt change.

UD

[video=youtube;nObUTw_ofgM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nObUTw_ofgM[/video]

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
You need to add time for beer and bullshiting!

totally left that out. - listening to all your friends in real rails bitch about you is another addition.

- you wait for etc clutch to cool off enough to actually work on.

I like the yammie, but I think like last time they are going to get it right the next go round, they are losing gearboxes and tipping.

UD

TCHB

Reaction score

UD
The sand tires that I am using are 29 inch. I have a set of 27 inch sand tires and was wondering how they would work compared to stock??

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
The sand tires that I am using are 29 inch. I have a set of 27 inch sand tires and was wondering how they would work compared to stock??

Very hard to say as there are lots variables like the number of paddles, size of them, and paddle alignment -straight or angled...

the smaller tires fall into ruts further and ride harder, but typically have higher RPM in the same section

UD

G. Faulk

Reaction score

UD

UD are the new turbo clutch systems on the 2016 4 seater having issues? Thanks in advance

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
UD are the new turbo clutch systems on the 2016 4 seater having issues? Thanks in advance

Thats a pretty new car really only been out since camp RZR, so nit a ton of feedback yet.

A few guys had problems but no real rush of complaints on the forums so far.

UD

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;emdhhy5dOkw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emdhhy5dOkw[/video]

cb5505

Reaction score
I have about 25 in my maverick

Roof
Doors
Stereo
Exhaust
Tires
Cvt fan
Harness

Leaving for glamis Sunday. If you see me stop by for a cold one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 158

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Love to stop by for a cold one, or offer the same to you.

Were do you camp?

We have about 5 trailers and an RV a the tip of Gecko.

Uncle Dave

cb5505

Reaction score
Love to stop by for a cold one, or offer the same to you.

Were do you camp?

We have about 5 trailers and an RV a the tip of Gecko.

Uncle Dave

I camp in the washes and since it will be busy, I'll most likely be at Brawley slides or the flag pole. What about you

BigDoug

Full Throttle Detail
Reaction score
I'm looking for stock doors (4) off the 1000, need all the hardware too, let me know please......928-230-1992.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
After 2 days the verdict is in- the Ripp Tied clutch kit is a vast improvement over the stock cars clutching system out in the dunes.

The lower rollout gear really makes a difference when you it the soft sand or try to make an uphill dune correction with little or no momentum.

I can spin a set of 30 GMZs over pretty easy from low end to mirage now where I bogged before.

I can also put my hand on the belt, primary, or secondary at the end of a one hour run.

Uncle Dave

Attachments

• IMG_3257.jpg
    IMG_3257.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3240.jpg
    IMG_3240.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 199

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Crazy what these have morphed into. They aren't little side by sides anymore. You may as well just call them sand cars or buggies.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Crazy what these have morphed into. They aren't little side by sides anymore. You may as well just call them sand cars or buggies.

There is an 800 car and a 900 car in camp and they look like toys in comparison.

The 4 set aRZR is a full on car.

UD

Hammer

Reaction score
Are all the Harness' the same shit? Seems they are all within a few bucks of each other...

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Are all the Harness' the same shit? Seems they are all within a few bucks of each other...

You mean the stock shit- ? yeah from what Ive seen all junk from everyone.

Had to redo all that with real 5 points.

UD

Hammer

Reaction score
You mean the stock shit- ? yeah from what Ive seen all junk from everyone.

Had to redo all that with real 5 points.

UD

Not the stock ones, the aftermarket 4 and 5 points. What are you referring to when yu say "real" 5 points?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Not the stock ones, the aftermarket 4 and 5 points. What are you referring to when yu say "real" 5 points?

"Real" as in they actually have an SFI tag on them.

Not some shit thrown together in China that never went through test.

UD

Hammer

Reaction score
"Real" as in they actually have an SFI tag on them.

Not some shit thrown together in China that never went through test.

UD

Noted. Look for the SFI tag, what brand are you running?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Noted. Look for the SFI tag, what brand are you running?

Twisted stitch on the RZR (bought with seats)

Deist on the rail.

UD

Attachments

• IMG_3260.jpg
    IMG_3260.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_3261.jpg
    IMG_3261.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_3262.jpg
    IMG_3262.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 204