WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yamaha Viking

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Anyone else got one? Picked one up last weekend, just gonna do some mild trail riding with the wife and (4 year old) kiddo... We like the three seat layout, works perfect for us, it came down to this or a ranger crew but the $3000 savings made it a no brainer... That, and after I did a lift similar to RD's on the crew it might not fit in our toyhauler... Looking for mild build ideas, advice, and any other info I can gather... Pics to follow... Thanks...

riverbrian

Chloe's Dad
Reaction score
I got the Viking VI.

I like it and it was cheap.

Lift wheels and tires are on the list.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Right on.. Took it out for the first time this weekend, did great... Surprised the hell outta the RZR4 owner i was following LOL! Had a blast... Might do tires/wheels and armor/winch, rig did great...

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
A few pics, first one is home from the dealer, second two are from the trip to Northern AZ...

riverbrian

Chloe's Dad
Reaction score
Lift wheels and tires this weekend.

Will post pics as soon as I get it done.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
What did you end up going with? I see some long arm kits on the market, considering one after I upgrade to a 5th wheel with more room, anything wider than stock won't fit in my current one... Waiting on Labor Day for another trip to the pines to put some miles on... Plan on hitting as many trails as I can once it cools off this fall...

riverbrian

Chloe's Dad
Reaction score
What did you end up going with? I see some long arm kits on the market, considering one after I upgrade to a 5th wheel with more room, anything wider than stock won't fit in my current one... Waiting on Labor Day for another trip to the pines to put some miles on... Plan on hitting as many trails as I can once it cools off this fall...

28" x 10's all the way around. They clear, but lift will,help. Looks super tuff.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I've read that a set of aftermarket coilovers with 1" lift can make a huge difference in ride and handling when combined with new wheels and tires... Another route I'm considering... Your viking looks great, I assume the 6 seaters have power steering? My base model rig doesn't, but I'm hoping I won't need it after I upgrade, no need for it now...

riverbrian

Chloe's Dad
Reaction score
It is no razor!

I had it up to 50, but that was a dirt road.
Will see this winter.