WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2013 Jeep Rubicon Build

Hugh Jascaulk

Reaction score
Nice looking Pro-lite. We'll be out at Elsinore this weekend with the Funco crew as Chad sets out to defend his Pro-buggy championship and Garrett improves on his 3rd place season. Nothing better than a weekend of short course racing.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I got my scx10 all built up. I couldn't find a color that was close to my jk and I didn't want to rush the job and mess up a $90 she'll so I went out and picked up a Cherokee to paint for my dad. I will swap this out for him and take the green deadbolt body until I find paint that matched my rig.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429570280.743830.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429570307.374002.jpg

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
What mods did you do to yours? Had mine out last weekend for the first time. It is awesome!! Also had a pretty bad wreck in the channel with my Mystic but it survived. :D

image.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
What mods did you do to yours? Had mine out last weekend for the first time. It is awesome!! Also had a pretty bad wreck in the channel with my Mystic but it survived. :D

View attachment 402900

Lol

The kit comes with some upgrades. Aluminum links and steering. I have a little better motor than stock and converted the front to the 4 link.

They work great and are a blast. We will have 4 at my dads house in havi this weekend. If you get bored and want to cruise over for a couple beers on Friday or Saturday shoot me a message. I think our boys are of similar age (6)

We're building a course in my dads back yard. He just had a truck load of rocks dumped in the back corner to build with.

Attachments

• IMG_0949.jpg
    IMG_0949.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 169

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
Lol

The kit comes with some upgrades. Aluminum links and steering. I have a little better motor than stock and converted the front to the 4 link.

They work great and are a blast. We will have 4 at my dads house in havi this weekend. If you get bored and want to cruise over for a couple beers on Friday or Saturday shoot me a message. I think our boys are of similar age (6)

We're building a course in my dads back yard. He just had a truck load of rocks dumped in the back corner to build with.

We will be in Havi from Wednesday - Saturday afternoon or super early Sunday AM for my uncles funeral. When you guys getting into town?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
We will be in Havi from Wednesday - Saturday afternoon or super early Sunday AM for my uncles funeral. When you guys getting into town?

Wednesday late.....

Uncles funeral?:(

You better grab that Axial from Rich. He was thinking maybe you weren't interested.:)

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
Wednesday late.....

Uncles funeral?:(

You better grab that Axial from Rich. He was thinking maybe you weren't interested.:)

Just super busy with work, my uncle passing, and having to head out of town in the AM I'm not sure I can run down there until next week. I definitely want it....just super pressed for time right now.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Just super busy with work, my uncle passing, and having to head out of town in the AM I'm not sure I can run down there until next week. I definitely want it....just super pressed for time right now.

If I would have known you were headed to havasu I would have had him bring it to my house and then grabbed the cash from you.

Was your uncle sudden or an accident? :(

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Lol

Cool stuff. I will shoot you a PM. Boys are at grandparents this weekend. :D

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
If I would have known you were headed to havasu I would have had him bring it to my house and then grabbed the cash from you.

Was your uncle sudden or an accident? :(

We didn't plan to come out but my uncle passed Sunday. His health has been going down hill for the last couple years. He was a diabetic and didnt take good care of himself at all. He had kidney failure and was on dialysis for the last year or so and his body basically just gave up. Too young though....he was only 60.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
We didn't plan to come out but my uncle passed Sunday. His health has been going down hill for the last couple years. He was a diabetic and didnt take good care of himself at all. He had kidney failure and was on dialysis for the last year or so and his body basically just gave up. Too young though....he was only 60.

[emoji29][emoji30]

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Wow.. that is badass... I always dreamed of building one of those when I was a kid... my boy is 7 and I've got a backyard full of dirt and rock rightnow.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Damn I want one.....

There a blast but you will want two:D

Pretty cool to play with while drinking some beers. No worries about going to jail for drinking and driving and if you flop you hurt your pride and not the pocket book...lol

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
There a blast but you will want two:D

Pretty cool to play with while drinking some beers. No worries about going to jail for drinking and driving and if you flop you hurt your pride and not the pocket book...lol

Next time you guys are out let me know. I am working on my build to make it look like my JK. :D I think I am going to need to get another one or two for the boys. They are really fun! We have a pretty cool course at our place as well. :thumbup:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Next time you guys are out let me know. I am working on my build to make it look like my JK. :D I think I am going to need to get another one or two for the boys. They are really fun! We have a pretty cool course at our place as well. :thumbup:

For sure :)

They really are fun considering the speed. Set up some obstacles and rocks and its a good time with multiple cars.

My brother in law (getsome) decked his out to match his jk. I want to do the same and have the jk body but can't figure out how to match the color.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426776852.958664.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426776852.958664.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 125
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426776732.001581.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426776732.001581.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: SJP

GET SOME

Reaction score
For sure :)

They really are fun considering the speed. Set up some obstacles and rocks and its a good time with multiple cars.

My brother in law (getsome) decked his out to match his jk. I want to do the same and have the jk body but can't figure out how to match the color.

Fenders are not the same lol.. Hard to get the paint to stick with all the roll overs

Axial makes one of the best RC products out there.. Only problem when you break something it's expensive to fix compared to others

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Fenders are not the same lol.. Hard to get the paint to stick with all the roll overs

Axial makes one of the best RC products out there.. Only problem when you break something it's expensive to fix compared to others

Stop jumping your scx10 off decks into wood piles...lol

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
So an entry level wheeler (starting from scratch with nothing) will run about how much? I'm assuming 1/10th scale is the common size for most? And where are there any hobby stores left for this kind of thing? I've been out of it for at least 20 years.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
So an entry level wheeler (starting from scratch with nothing) will run about how much? I'm assuming 1/10th scale is the common size for most? And where are there any hobby stores left for this kind of thing? I've been out of it for at least 20 years.

What do you want to do with it?

There are alot of different platforms from Traxxas,Axial,Vaterra,etc....

The axial scx10 platform is a fun 10th scale crawler. It's by no means fast or competent in jumping but it works and performs like a real modified jeep.

[video=youtube;y8Cc5x7rgvY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Cc5x7rgvY[/video]

http://www.axialracing.com/

Axial and traxxas are top tier companies and the cars don't come cheap. I would say axial is the dcb of RC cars as there detailing and realism are top notch.

The big price difference comes down to motor and esc....Alot of the more exspensive faster cars are brushless and have speed controls that will handle bigger lipo power...more power and brushless = more speed.

Lets say you buy a Axial scx10 deadbolt and all the fixings. (I can point you in the right direction for deals if you want more info/links)

car is $300 (comes with everything you need minus batteries and charger)

Lipo 2s batteries can be has for less than $20 a piece (I would recommend 3-4) The car will last a looooooong time on a 2 s lipo. (hours of play time)

Lipo battery charger $75

So realistically to buy into the game you are looking at say $450 if you play your cars right,

I have a bunch of different cars (8+) so I have something for every occasion

If you are only getting one for bashing around and crawling perhaps a Wraith would be a better choice as its a little faster and bigger. they cost about $70 more

[video=youtube;ntz62nITmmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntz62nITmmw[/video]

I have a couple yetis and they are beasts.... They run a brush less more powerful motor and there faster and bigger. they cost about $130 more and you will break parts...lol

[video=youtube;Wdrb_crQxeQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdrb_crQxeQ[/video]

I would say the best all around toy for driving on the street/dirt and track is the trazzas slash 4x4 with the brush less motor. There fast as shit and hold up to the abuse amazingly. They cost about the same as a yeti (($440)

[video=youtube;WEncRCdU8GE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEncRCdU8GE[/video]

In a perfect world buy 2 scx10's for the rock crawling fun and 2 slashes for bashing and jumping:D

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

It is way easier now then it used to be. :D

No more matched batteries, lathes, changing brushes etc etc :D. New technology is killer. :thumbup:

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score

That course looks awesome. These damn things have got me hooked into the RC world again.
A few years ago I was really into short course trucks, I have two slash ultimate 4x4s and an Associated sc-10 2wd.
Then got a Traxxas Spartan boat for the lake, and now I'm back into this stuff but crawling now.
I was on the RC4WD last night and by the time I was done my shopping cart was at $350 haha and was just accessory shit!
I had to walk away :D

I'm thinking a wraith might be next for me. Are they hard to drove slow up rocks? Or is the throttle not as responsive as a slash?

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
How did the jeep do at the Rubicon?

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I couldn't find a color that was close to my jk and I didn't want to rush the job and mess up a $90 she'll so I went out and picked up a Cherokee to paint for my dad. I will swap this out for him and take the green deadbolt body until I find paint that matched my rig.

View attachment 402832 View attachment 402833

This looks like it might be close....
pacrc295.jpg

Testors makes one called Mythical Maroon...that one looked pretty good too.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Bump so I can find it on tapatalk

Thinking about selling it sending link to a potential buyer

intense

Reaction score
What do you want to do with it?

There are alot of different platforms from Traxxas,Axial,Vaterra,etc....

The axial scx10 platform is a fun 10th scale crawler. It's by no means fast or competent in jumping but it works and performs like a real modified jeep.

[video=youtube;y8Cc5x7rgvY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Cc5x7rgvY[/video]

http://www.axialracing.com/

Axial and traxxas are top tier companies and the cars don't come cheap. I would say axial is the dcb of RC cars as there detailing and realism are top notch.

The big price difference comes down to motor and esc....Alot of the more exspensive faster cars are brushless and have speed controls that will handle bigger lipo power...more power and brushless = more speed.

Lets say you buy a Axial scx10 deadbolt and all the fixings. (I can point you in the right direction for deals if you want more info/links)

car is $300 (comes with everything you need minus batteries and charger)

Lipo 2s batteries can be has for less than $20 a piece (I would recommend 3-4) The car will last a looooooong time on a 2 s lipo. (hours of play time)

Lipo battery charger $75

So realistically to buy into the game you are looking at say $450 if you play your cars right,

I have a bunch of different cars (8+) so I have something for every occasion

If you are only getting one for bashing around and crawling perhaps a Wraith would be a better choice as its a little faster and bigger. they cost about $70 more

[video=youtube;ntz62nITmmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntz62nITmmw[/video]

I have a couple yetis and they are beasts.... They run a brush less more powerful motor and there faster and bigger. they cost about $130 more and you will break parts...lol

[video=youtube;Wdrb_crQxeQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdrb_crQxeQ[/video]

I would say the best all around toy for driving on the street/dirt and track is the trazzas slash 4x4 with the brush less motor. There fast as shit and hold up to the abuse amazingly. They cost about the same as a yeti (($440)

[video=youtube;WEncRCdU8GE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEncRCdU8GE[/video]

In a perfect world buy 2 scx10's for the rock crawling fun and 2 slashes for bashing and jumping:D

Where is the best place to buy the yeti jeep?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Do you buy the RTR or build yourself?

Rtr yeti really good out of the box with brushless power. You can build it better but it will cost you a fortune.

Looks at asiatees.com for aluminum castor blocks and spindles. That's the weak link on the yetis if you are thrashing them.

I just built up a bomber with brushless power and it's pretty cool as well. Yeti is wider and probably a better all around toy but the bomber is a great combo of rock crawler and bashed. Yeti is really nose nearby when it jumps and the bomber flys level.