WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anything Offroad LHC ?? Shock Repair

Taboma

Reaction score
Last week in Havasu I finally got my RZR (15' 900 S EPS) recall work performed at AZ West. Prior to taking it in I'd noticed a sign that I had a slight shock oil leak on my passenger side front.
A bit of a pisser since I've only got 223 miles on this bitch.

AJ had his tech check it out and yup, confirmed that the reservoir had/was leaking. Also noticed the clunk coming from that same corner I'd mentioned and attributed it to the leaky shock.
Ran the Rzr at my ranch the following day and this CLUNK is either louder or I'm paying more attention :rolleyes Also noticed after the ride it wasn't leaking anymore ---- hmmmm, since I doubt it repaired itself, I'm guessing very low or no oil left :grumble:

When I picked it up I asked if they'd repaired it, nope, seems they don't do shock repair. Also seems my extended warranty doesn't cover suspension either. More than likely it only covers things like electric window operators or other parts not found on Rzrs :D

Anyway, AJ gave me a business card for "Anything Off-Road" (Jeff Martin) in Lake Havasu, explained that he does repair shocks and they're sending customer's with shock problems to him.

http://anythingoffroadlakehavasucity.com/

His shop is at 911 Lake Havasu Ave. suite 501. Seems they're still in the process of getting the shop set up after relocating to LHC, didn't appear much was going on there.

I suspect internet sales is their basic business model.

Met Jeff's very nice wife Callie who was holding down the fort while Jeff was out. Based on our short conversation it seems they're striving to be accommodating, in terms of picking up, storing, etc. I'll be chatting with Jeff hopefully tomorrow.

Callie wasn't aware of RDP ---- whoa :eek So I clued her in, if you're reading Mr. Johnson, you might want to stop by !!!

Anybody had dealings with "Anything Offroad" in LHC ?? Any other shops in LHC that you've used for shock repair ??

yard dog

Reaction score
Try Pavement Optional 928 854 3478 , I am sure that he does shock rebuilding .

goldy

Reaction score
I have dealt with Jeff and will tell you he is a stand up guy. I was extremely satisfied with his work and he picked up and delivered my razor. I ended up having him put a new cage, roof and tires and wheels as well.

Taboma

Reaction score
I have dealt with Jeff and will tell you he is a stand up guy. I was extremely satisfied with his work and he picked up and delivered my razor. I ended up having him put a new cage, roof and tires and wheels as well.

Much appreciated and good to learn. :thumbsup

Since I'm not in Havasu most of the time, having somebody you can trust pick it up means one trip where it won't be in the shop the entire time :thumbsup

And all that "Other" work you had done, well I keep telling myself not to start that endless game --- we all know, one part begets another and another :D

I've been holding off calling him or anybody else, hoping I'd get more feedback :thumbsup

Patyacht

Reaction score
Last week in Havasu I finally got my RZR (15' 900 S EPS) recall work performed at AZ West. Prior to taking it in I'd noticed a sign that I had a slight shock oil leak on my passenger side front.
A bit of a pisser since I've only got 223 miles on this bitch.

AJ had his tech check it out and yup, confirmed that the reservoir had/was leaking. Also noticed the clunk coming from that same corner I'd mentioned and attributed it to the leaky shock.
Ran the Rzr at my ranch the following day and this CLUNK is either louder or I'm paying more attention :rolleyes Also noticed after the ride it wasn't leaking anymore ---- hmmmm, since I doubt it repaired itself, I'm guessing very low or no oil left :grumble:

When I picked it up I asked if they'd repaired it, nope, seems they don't do shock repair. Also seems my extended warranty doesn't cover suspension either. More than likely it only covers things like electric window operators or other parts not found on Rzrs :D

Anyway, AJ gave me a business card for "Anything Off-Road" (Jeff Martin) in Lake Havasu, explained that he does repair shocks and they're sending customer's with shock problems to him.

http://anythingoffroadlakehavasucity.com/

His shop is at 911 Lake Havasu Ave. suite 501. Seems they're still in the process of getting the shop set up after relocating to LHC, didn't appear much was going on there.

I suspect internet sales is their basic business model.

Met Jeff's very nice wife Callie who was holding down the fort while Jeff was out. Based on our short conversation it seems they're striving to be accommodating, in terms of picking up, storing, etc. I'll be chatting with Jeff hopefully tomorrow.

Callie wasn't aware of RDP ---- whoa :eek So I clued her in, if you're reading Mr. Johnson, you might want to stop by !!!

Anybody had dealings with "Anything Offroad" in LHC ?? Any other shops in LHC that you've used for shock repair ??

I have a 2015 RZR 4 and Jeff upgraded my shocks. Upgraded pistons/springs etc. Cheaper than Shock Therapy but just as good. I love the ride now! He stands behind his work!!!

Taboma

Reaction score
I have a 2015 RZR 4 and Jeff upgraded my shocks. Upgraded pistons/springs etc. Cheaper than Shock Therapy but just as good. I love the ride now! He stands behind his work!!!

I just got off the phone with Jeff discussing that same upgrade. :thumbsup

He mentioned two approaches, the more expensive option was essentially upgrading the stock Fox/Polaris OEM spring and valving components to more Fox RC-2 quality.

The less expensive option just doing springs and repairing my leaky shock.

Sounds like you went with option # 1, total Fox upgrade. Seems you feel you got your $$$ worth :thumbsup

Also discussed his aluminum bed box with the spare tire mount on the lid. I don't like the Polaris spare mount as it would block my rear vision.

Then Jeff and I discussed turning my F-150 EB Plat. 4x4 into a Raptor, at least suspension wise. :D

I actually think I can sell the truck upgrade easier than the Rzr, obviously the suspension upgrades would be a hell of a lot less than a new Raptor :rolleyes

I sure hope when Donald gets in office he can give me a raise on my social security :lmao

Glad to read good things about Jeff, certainly was left with a positive impression after speaking with him :thumbsup

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I get my Shock work done at Shock Therapy in Phoenix.
Service while you wait.
Jus' Sayin.

Taboma

Reaction score
I get my Shock work done at Shock Therapy in Phoenix.
Service while you wait.
Jus' Sayin.

My Rzr is over at Jeff's (Anything Offroad) doing the full Shock Therapy Fox treatment. The convenience of him picking it up and returning it to my storage condo works absolutely tits for me :thumbsup

TrojanDan

Reaction score
My Rzr is over at Jeff's (Anything Offroad) doing the full Shock Therapy Fox treatment. The convenience of him picking it up and returning it to my storage condo works absolutely tits for me :thumbsup

I met Jeff, his wife, and their toddler son picking up my buddy Noel's truck yesterday. Jeff fabricated some brackets and installed a couple light bars. Really cool couple and very friendly. Answered a bunch of questions even though I was just picking up a friend's truck. They are having some growing pains right now since they are outgrowing their current location, which is a good thing. Jeff's wife mentioned that customers finally know where they are at and they don't want to move again (to a larger facility) until after the desert season. He had a bunch of shock upgrades he was doing. Yes, they do a lot of on-line sales. I would definitely give them business. :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I need to get my cv boots replaced on the ranger. i'll give him a call tomorrow and see what he can do

Taboma

Reaction score
Final update.

Thanks to all for your recommendations for using Jeff @ Anything Offroad. :thumbsup

Picked up my Rzr from storage, performed the full Shock Therapy Fox shock treatment --- dual rate springs fore and aft, plus re-valving. Noticeable improvement, especially on dirt roads and washboard areas. The softer upper spring rates really smooth out the ride.

I realize I could have saved a few bucks taking it directly to Shock Therapy, but logistically that would have been a royal pain for me. As he's done for others, it was picked up from my storage, install done and Jeff had the work completed and returned to my storage garage on time. I couldn't be more pleased and won't hesitate using Jeff again.

:thumbsup:thumbsup