WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Want to take a Ride in the RDP Helicopter during Desert Storm? You Can!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have always tried to give away cool stuff to the membership of RDP. Honestly I don't think you can find any organization that has given away more beer, and booze in the Tri-State area than RDP does at any given event. This being our Tenth Anniversary though, I figured we should kick things up a notch. So for a summer kick off I think a ride for two people in the RDP Helicopter at Desert Storm is a good way to start the season!

Going up in a Helicopter during Desert Storm for a boater is about as bad ass experience as you can get. It's one thing to see the event from the ground, but it is an entirely different perspective to go up in the air, and see the lake and all the boats running around, and the entire scope and size of the event from the air!

So I was talking to Fred Young (Helicopter Pilot), and he says that we have a break in the schedule Friday afternoon. He tells me we can pick a couple people up from the point on the Nautical, and we have more than enough time to buzz them around the lake and make sure they get to see a little bit of everything and deliver a pretty first class experience for a couple of RDP members.

-------------- Contest -------------

All you have to do is tell us a story, and the best story wins two seats in the Helicopter! (Pictures help, but not mandatory) We'd like to hear your best "RDP" story! It can be about anything RDP.. You were partying on the lake and.. You were working on your boat, and needed this and another member... You were out at a dinner wearing an RDP shirt and.. Hell I know a guy that was wearing an RDP hat in a bar not that long ago, and a girl approached him because she saw the hat! (Yes there's a guy actually getting laid now because he was wearing an RDP hat).

Don't have an RDP Story? (Hard to believe I know.. but there is some newer members on here, and we want to give them a chance too) NO PROBLEM! Tell me your best Desert Storm Story, or your best boating story!

Today is the 19th. On Saturday the 29th, I'm going to be having beers in my garage with Tom, and some other people and we are going to decide which is the best story in this thread.

The winner not only gets to go up in the Helicopter, but also gets to take a "Plus 1!" (Best Story wins 2 seats) While I'd assume that would be their significant other, if for some reason they don't have a chick, they can take a friend. However If there is some chick you are interested in, than I'd say a VIP ride in a Helo during DS would probably "seal the deal." ;)

scan.jpg

In typical RDP fashion, we like to do something cool and then go overboard with it. This is one of TWO CONTESTS!! Pink Taco will be launching a second contest for a second set of seats in the Helicopter to be given away via our FB Group Page!

RD

Boat Bling

Reaction score
This makes Hot Sauce Tuesdays look like amateur hour [emoji6]

Looking forward to reading through the stories!

-Zack

riverroyal

Reaction score
ive done 2 copter rides over havasu, it is pretty amazing from above. The water color changes are great

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I want a ride in a helo!! However, I don't have any 'outstanding' stories. Just meeting a ton of great peeps and going on a ton of great river trips. :missb:

d4l

Reaction score
Amazing! This community is amazing. One day I hope I can go to the US and maybe Desert storm to hopefully meet some of you and experience the what to me looks like one of the coolest boat event out there.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well so far "Went to River, and opened coorslight" would win.. :D

C'mon party people I know some of you have some good stories.. I've been witness to some of them! :D

RD

Tahiti247xs

Reaction score
So I took my boat to blue water for Dave to review, and we are shooting the breeze. I was talking about how we love the mid cuddy because we have 4 kids and are expecting our fifth. Dave looked at me and said " 5 kids shit what are you a Mormon?" To which I replied "actually yes we are" watching Dave backpedal a little was pretty fun.[emoji23] I know it's not epic but I figure it's worth a shot

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I am relatively new here but a thread about what High School you went to has allowed me and my family to reconnect an old family friend. We didn't know that he had gotten into performance boating and now we are meeting him out at Desert Storm. May not be the most spectacular story, but it is a pretty good "feel good" story about what RDP has been able to do by connecting the community.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I know its not really in the contest for this prize, but what I just wanted to take a minute to share is the two stories that prove how great the RDP'ers, which is always a pleasant surprise, even to all of us that have been around forever amongst all these performance loving, boat driving, hard partying, best kind of degenerates I can think of :D I had a tiny part in one, and that is when we all organized a raffle and collection to help out 460 when his mother unfortunately passed. I have never met the man myself, but after hearing it, I realized how fortunate I was to have my parents still, so offered up my labor to build some custom cornhole boards to offer up. Inmates like River Lynchmob, Riverbound, Cole Trickle, Dezertrider, and many many others pulled in various ways such as a gofundme, swag, and various other prizes to a grand ol' raffle, and helped collect all the funds. A lot of people came together for someone in need because it was the right thing to do.

This was the 2nd time I had seen it myself, I remember that Pink Taco, when he worked at a crossfit, had a donation cash drawer for a charity stolen. Pretty sure the inmates covered it and then some :thumbsup The support and generosity this group regularly provides under the radar as well is not lost on me. I have met many great people from this site and am happy to say I would help them all in any way I could, with a tow of a broke down boat, a beer for an empty cooler, or a joke on a rough day, and the occasional recycled TBI chop from years past to elicit a laugh.

spectras only

Reaction score
I have a short story to tell. A friend and I passed through Havasu a few years back, Dave would remember this scenario. We picked up my friend's Moho from Indio and stopped by Havi staying few nights at the Islander. My friend's moho had one of those fancy lighted acrylic handles at the front entry door, helping to climb the stairs. It looked perfect until shit happened. My buddy was stepping down the stairs hanging on to this handle that broke into three pieces from his weight. He almost planted his face on the ground but managed to get his balance. He had a knee surgery since and he doesn't rely on handles anymore.:skull RiverDave had a call from me and he promptly showed up to access our situation:thumbsup. He had a brainstorm;) to call Thane at Nordic to ask if they'll be able to get us a piece of ss to make a makeshift handle.Thane not only came to the rescue with the material, he made the piece bend to exact shape to fit the handle easily.Thanks Dave and Thane for this outstanding service that didn't cost us a penny either.:thumbsup Not looking for the free ride in the heli since I live a bit far but thought to share my story to show my appreciation to be part of the RDP community.:)

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
If Ole 530 is the pilot I am sure there will be a few stories left out of the competition. :D

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
I want a ride in a helo!! However, I don't have any 'outstanding' stories. Just meeting a ton of great peeps and going on a ton of great river trips. :missb:

Don't worry. You have plenty of time to make an Oustanding Story happen :D

spectras only

Reaction score
Current situation.. between this and delivering boat trailers I'm thinking about opening a service. lol

View attachment 554806

Now that I'm fully retired having nothing but time, maybe should do something similar.Transporting boats/trailers from Canada to US or vs versa for accomodation, fuel and beer only:D

Joker

Reaction score
It was the spring of 2012 and I had always wanted to attend an event like this in the beautiful city of Lake Havasu but had pretty much nobody to go with. Then I remembered this guy I met during the Dam Run the previous summer and he asked if I would want to be his friend. At this point in my life, I said sure as I was in a slump for friendships here on the forums due to the fact that I was not one of the "locals". The friendship with MilkMoney was initiated when he sent me a friends request on Facebook, then here on the forums. I accepted both, thinking he was a genuine person with good intentions.
Low and behold, one evening in March, MilkMoney placed a call to me asking if I still wanted to attend Desert Storm and if so, he would pick me up in his truck on the way from Vegas. I was ecstatic and put the date on my calendar. As the date grew nearer, tensions grew as I thought I was hanging out with one of the big ballers here on the site with friends galore. This was my big moment to bring Joker to the front page.
Things changed quickly upon MilkMoneys arrival to our house in Bullhead. Im on the front porch expecting MM to roll up in a big diesel truck, instead I see him pull up in a beat up Toyota Corolla stick shift with fast food debris littering the car. At this point, I start to get nervous but go ahead and hop in only to pull the cow hide seat belt across my lap and get ready for the trek to Havasu.
While in the car, we had discussions about boating and his elaborate network of friends that we were ready to meet as we dashed in and out of solid lines in the roadway to pass families headed to this event. We walked the show with Ductape 1000 and Rivermobster but before I knew it, they were gone and MM was getting hungry at this point and asked if I wanted lunch. We proceeded to the local eating establishment and we proceeded to order beers and food, albeit Milk ordered enough for a family of 5 and a bucket of beers. He did introduce me to a few members before darting out the front door only saying that he had someone else to meet. I sat there for 20 minutes waiting for his return, only to find out I just bought him breakfast, lunch and dinner. The overall event was great, but I was too broke to buy a T shirt after getting stiffed by that guy.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
bizarre story joker.. lol

You know guys I thought this was gonna be a relatively easy contest but it seems people are being a little gunshy for some reason.. If we don't get a legit entry here tonight I'll change it to something simpler. :)

Maybe post a pic of your boat and tell us how your family got into boating? something like that?

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score

You know guys I thought this was gonna be a relatively easy contest but it seems people are being a little gunshy for some reason.. If we don't get a legit entry here tonight I'll change it to something simpler. :)

Maybe post a pic of your boat and tell us how your family got into boating? something like that?

Dave,
Maybe everyone is afraid of airing their dirty laundry or just being prosecuted for deeds from their past?:eek
Either way, I'm sure that once the working folks with real jobs get off work and settle into cocktail hour their inhibitions will come down and the stories will come out.;):champagne::drink
Your fishing for a story here so be patient and let your bait soak, other wise you wont catch shit!:)
I think your bait is just fine!:D

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score

Pull your pants up, Sally...

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
Just take me for a ride in the damn Helo Dave.... :skull:)

Joker

Reaction score

Bizarre, but true except for the Facebook request.[emoji108]

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Bizarre, but true except for the Facebook request.[emoji108]

I don't remember the year but I was walking the street fair with YoPengo and he pointed you and MM out as you guys were leaving. Must have been 2012. :)

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
AJ's and Hammers Ft Lauderdale Trip...Pull up some of the Vids...It Will make you Piss ...With Laughter...I will not be at DS But I say Hammer and Wife or a Charity Type Ride Would be WAY Fucking Cool...Im sure The RDP Brain trust can come up with what Started a Viral Sensation...:skull:eek:thumbsup:thumbup::blah:

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I bought a boat in Havasu so I'd have an excuse to come to Desert Storm!

This is actually no bullshit. When we were shopping the ol lady asked why I was looking only in and around Arizona. I told her because that would provide the perfect reason to go to Desert Storm and pick up our new boat all in the same trip! Well, we bought one from an RDP member and are headed down on the 28th to take possession and enjoy the entire week on the water and enjoy the DS festivities!

milkmoney

Reaction score
I bought a boat in Havasu so I'd have an excuse to come to Desert Storm!

This is actually no bullshit. When we were shopping the ol lady asked why I was looking only in and around Arizona. I told her because that would provide the perfect reason to go to Desert Storm and pick up our new boat all in the same trip! Well, we bought one from an RDP member and are headed down on the 28th to take possession and enjoy the entire week on the water and enjoy the DS festivities!

Very cool. I kinda did the samething and put it in storage in Parker to force me to go to the river from being out of state. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji202]

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Wash11- go ahead and tell us any story doesn't matter what it's about, taking out the trash, Dave will let you know where to pick up your tickets, lol

LHCBOY

Reaction score
So here is how it started... Apologize in advance for the punctuation... As I sit at the Heat Bar drinking.

Been coming to the river for years and kept hearing about this guy River Dave. No clue thought some stalker, some guy who was a river rat, lost in his way, hell who knew that this guy was real. Fast forward to current time. Well hanging out with a few friends in 2015 pissed off that the enduro changed hand etc. A buddy of mine said that this guy River Dave was in need of a trailer or motor home to stay in down at the river to make the and I quote, the official River Dave office. I told him NO, no one will ever stay in my motor home. He did say that River Dave was a black sock wearing DCB hustler and at that point I said HELL NO... lol... He also mentioned that he was in need of transportation for people for the enduro. Still never meeting this guy I told my friend to introduce me to this guy.

So there it was meeting the infamous River Dave. I spoke with him for a few as we drank a few coors lights with him frothing at the mouth as someone said they would loan him something for free... I spoke with Dave and told him I had a ranger he could use. Well shit he became my best friend, like we had know each other for years, old buddies, high school together you guys know that kinda friend. Hell we have had them all.

So I traveled to his home a few times trying to figure out how THIS guy was making a living from a forum but hell he was. Met his beautiful wife and great kids and then found out the real power of RDP. Any woman that was putting up with this black sock wearing DCB guy must control the situation. So I told myself well she must be cool so I said I would donate the ranger for this unemployed, ex machinist needing a lending hand, anything to make the enduro better.

A few days later dropped off my nice Ranger Crew for him to use to help support the cause. Watched RDP to see if there was any info on how this guy really was and that's when I said oh fuk what did I do. A unemployed, middle aged, black sock wearing, bald guy was using my stuff. That was the worst night of sleep. Woke up in the morning told my wife what I had done (BTW she is an insurance person) and she looked at me and said WTF you are a moron. Well went to work and about an hour later there is the phone call guess who it is, yup the unemployed middle aged man telling me my Ranger is not running. Well fuk there is goes I told him it was running when I gave it to you and now it is not. All I could think about is my wife reconfirming how stupid I was and here is Dave on the other end saying he has some guy working on it. All day no call, no info on RDP, shit what is going on. Well after several calls to his phone no answer he finally texted me and said bad gas. Well cool it is running.

So fast forward a little more. Started hanging out with this guy and as the beers were flowing he starts to tell me how my Ranger was about as fast as his Ranger as they were drag racing them to strokes. At this point I was laughing at myself asking why I was so stupid to loan this guy my Ranger.

Well in all seriousness I have to say that loaning my Ranger was a great idea, I have met several great people off this forum. Saw Dave for who he was really. A great family man who cares about his family, friends and forum.

Dave is like the bar, everyone comes in talks sht, pours their heart out that gets hammered.

As I sit here with my friend PT that I met from this place there is no other place that I would like to hang my hat.....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Mostly true Tim.. lol. except I wear flip flops not black socks.. ;). lol. And if I remember right we drag raced the rangers on the 95 back to my house at the end of the day and yours was faster! (yikes!)

Icky

Reaction score
AJ's and Hammers Ft Lauderdale Trip...Pull up some of the Vids...It Will make you Piss ...With Laughter...I will not be at DS But I say Hammer and Wife or a Charity Type Ride Would be WAY Fucking Cool...Im sure The RDP Brain trust can come up with what Started a Viral Sensation...:skull:eek:thumbsup:thumbup::blah:

I agree, charity ride for one of the kids they take on the boat rides :thumbsup

Enen

Reaction score
Getting to smash a Lear Jet with an ax.

Last spring we received a letter in the mail. This particular letter was in invitation to a wedding. This particular wedding invitation was asking our attendance to the wedding of the absolute last of my high school/college friends that remained unhitched. A Peter Pan of sorts. I distinctly remember the feeling in my stomach as I opened this invitation. Realizing just how unkind Father Time is feeling my youth slip another millimeter from my grasp.

Fast forward to the weekend of the wedding. I fly up and reunite with HS and College buddies I haven't seen in quite some time. One of my buddies wife was an attorney and is now a Judge. His balls are still in her purse. All the boys start day drinking and Uber bar hopping around downtown Denver. I get a text from 454 Rocket. He happened to be in Denver with his sister for her Birthday. 10 minutes later Brian and his crew are doing Fireball shots with Judge balls in the purse. Good Times.

During our festivities 454 Rocket told me about a charity event they were attending this evening at a private hangar at the airpark in Englewood Colorado just outside of Denver. They were going to be letting people hit a Lear Jet with an axe in order to raise money for a family in need. Brian invited me to attend this event if I could make it.

As my fairly intoxicated brain pondered this salacious opportunity that just dropped in my lap, I realized I REALLY want to have a go at a Lear Jet with an axe.

Fast forward a few hours. I'm at my buddies wedding, listening to sappy stories from people about how they "just knew" the newlyweds were meant to be together..... I'm having day dreams about this jet. I'm not sure what hit me, but I remembered a story Bildo told me, and I had an idea. I walked up to the groom and his Dad and put my arms around them. (Keep in mind I'm pretty shit faced at the moment ). I told them about 454 Rockets fundraiser, then I looked the groom dead in the eye and said " Bud, I love you, but statistically speaking, you are going to get married again. What are the odds that I'm going to get to take an axe to a Lear Jet again?" I honestly can't remember hearing my buddy and his Dad laugh that hard before. "Catch you on the next one". As I
headed for the Uber.

Here's the video to prove the story is true...

[video=youtube_https;PD7OclzmXEI]https://youtu.be/PD7OclzmXEI[/video]

After I got done hitting the plane, 454 Rockets sister walks up to me and asks me " how do you feel about those buttons on your shirt?" She proceeds to rip my shirt off me. Somehow she found a black sharpie and writes "Sheryll was here" across my chest. Keep in mind this is in the middle of a swanky private hangar. Zero fucks were given that night.

IMG_0606.jpg

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Cool idea RD, but you know first hand it takes at least two weeks to write anything. :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Alright I'm going to make this a little easier for you guys.. LOL 50 responses and only 2 stories isn't gonna cut it.

TELL ME HOW YOU GOT INTO BOATING / POST A PICTURE OF YOUR BOAT

That's about as easy as it gets guys.. :D

RD

Joker

Reaction score
Alright I'm going to make this a little easier for you guys.. LOL 50 responses and only 2 stories isn't gonna cut it.

TELL ME HOW YOU GOT INTO BOATING / POST A PICTURE OF YOUR BOAT

That's about as easy as it gets guys.. :D

RD

Well, so much for my helicopter ride with you.:(

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Getting to smash a Lear Jet with an ax.

Last spring we received a letter in the mail. This particular letter was in invitation to a wedding. This particular wedding invitation was asking our attendance to the wedding of the absolute last of my high school/college friends that remained unhitched. A Peter Pan of sorts. I distinctly remember the feeling in my stomach as I opened this invitation. Realizing just how unkind Father Time is feeling my youth slip another millimeter from my grasp.

Fast forward to the weekend of the wedding. I fly up and reunite with HS and College buddies I haven't seen in quite some time. One of my buddies wife was an attorney and is now a Judge. His balls are still in her purse. All the boys start day drinking and Uber bar hopping around downtown Denver. I get a text from 454 Rocket. He happened to be in Denver with his sister for her Birthday. 10 minutes later Brian and his crew are doing Fireball shots with Judge balls in the purse. Good Times.

During our festivities 454 Rocket told me about a charity event they were attending this evening at a private hangar at the airpark in Englewood Colorado just outside of Denver. They were going to be letting people hit a Lear Jet with an axe in order to raise money for a family in need. Brian invited me to attend this event if I could make it.

As my fairly intoxicated brain pondered this salacious opportunity that just dropped in my lap, I realized I REALLY want to have a go at a Lear Jet with an axe.

Fast forward a few hours. I'm at my buddies wedding, listening to sappy stories from people about how they "just knew" the newlyweds were meant to be together..... I'm having day dreams about this jet. I'm not sure what hit me, but I remembered a story Bildo told me, and I had an idea. I walked up to the groom and his Dad and put my arms around them. (Keep in mind I'm pretty shit faced at the moment ). I told them about 454 Rockets fundraiser, then I looked the groom dead in the eye and said " Bud, I love you, but statistically speaking, you are going to get married again. What are the odds that I'm going to get to take an axe to a Lear Jet again?" I honestly can't remember hearing my buddy and his Dad laugh that hard before. "Catch you on the next one". As I
headed for the Uber.

Here's the video to prove the story is true...

[video=youtube_https;PD7OclzmXEI]https://youtu.be/PD7OclzmXEI[/video]

After I got done hitting the plane, 454 Rockets sister walks up to me and asks me " how do you feel about those buttons on your shirt?" She proceeds to rip my shirt off me. Somehow she found a black sharpie and writes "Sheryll was here" across my chest. Keep in mind this is in the middle of a swanky private hangar. Zero fucks were given that night.

View attachment 554921

Ahhhh. The old sorry but I will catch you in the next one speech. That always goes over well. [emoji23][emoji23]