WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

X3 Sound System Project

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I'm in Gilbert Az at UTV Stereo getting a sound system installed and other electronics in our X3.

I shopped and listened to systems at the Sand Show and thought the Rockford Fosgate the way to roll.
Rockford Fosgate is trying to produce a proprietary system.
Also only a few shops will have the RF system and it's months out and limited availability they tell us. None of the places they recommend are sound shops and I keep getting flipped to the motorcycle shops parts manager with my "when can we do this" and a "I'll get back to you with that." That ain't cutting it.

Then at my go to sound shop they'd be winging it and they got irritated with certain features I wanted and pushed their obsolete cheaply Overtons style Marine stuff on me. "We'll cut this section out and drop this thing here,,," That ain't gonna cut it.
The X3 is set up for sound systems and I want to take advantage of that. Not roll out with Vice grips for a steering wheel.

So I found specialty UTV Stereo SXS only sound shop in Gilbert that has their own specifically built for the X3RS system that has all the components and uses the Rockford Fosgate weather proof head unit I wanted. It's mud, dirt, shock and water proof. They have installed a lot of them in X3's with rave reviews.
So popular this shop they are booked weeks out.

Owner Mike very approachable, very helpful.
So I'll post more as this progresses.
IMG_2005.jpg IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Looks like the same head unit I have in my boat.