WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can Am X3 RS Max

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
So we bought an '18 Can Am. As usual when you start adding parts the finish line becomes blurred and seems to move further out. We started out with a Titanium silver donor car. We are going with SDR doors, cage, windshield and roof with a pocket for a Baja Designs 40" lightbar and rear lights. New seats and Simpson 4 point harnesses. Method 405 wheels and 32" Tensor DS tires. Suspension control arms, trailing arms and springs will be powder coated the same as the cage. 5150 light whips. PCI Trax radio and intercom with headsets and helmets for CA. TMW gusset kit for the front end a few pieces from Billet Equipped. Gibson exhaust that utilizes the factory tip so it still appears stock. Finally is getting a full wrap.

All parts are out at powder coat and should be back this week and ready top be picked up mid to end of next week.

Here are a few of it new ad torn apart as of yesterday.

Ill post more pics as it gets closer or maybe when its done.

Can Am Max 3.jpg Can Am Max 2.jpg Can Am Max.jpg Can Am Max 4.jpg Can Am Max 5.jpg Can Am Max 6.jpg Can Am Max 7.jpg Can Am Max 8.jpg Can Am Max 9.jpg

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Looks like you bought it at Temecula? My neighbor just picked one up from there.

I couldn't believe how big and roomy that car is compared to the RZR. If my garage model TH could fit it I would own one. Have to stick with a 1k turbo RZR for now.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Looks like you bought it at Temecula? My neighbor just picked one up from there.

I couldn't believe how big and roomy that car is compared to the RZR. If my garage model TH could fit it I would own one. Have to stick with a 1k turbo RZR for now.
I actually got it from Berts. Went into Temecula was one of 3 people in there and no one ever approached me to see if I needed help...was there a good 20 mins. I ended up with the best number from Berts.

I can't wait to get it out. Heading to Ocotillo for Halloween to break her in.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Very nice and cannot wait to see the finished pictures.

RaceTec

Reaction score
Lynch, would you mind sharing prices? What did you pay OTD and stuff?

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Lynch, would you mind sharing prices? What did you pay OTD and stuff?
The car was 32,500 otd...havent got the final tally on parts yet but it's looking to be a bit north of 20 in aftermarket stuff.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Here is what the wrap will look like. It will cover the front "hood" area and the roof. It will cover a lot more than this rendering shows.

Can Am Max 10.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Consider the stage one or two reflash from EVO.
HUGE difference in performance.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I would go with 33" or 34" tires and a clutch kit. Those cars sit way too low for their length even on 32's if you don't want to highside every berm. JS

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
I would go with 33" or 34" tires and a clutch kit. Those cars sit way too low for their length even on 32's if you don't want to highside every berm. JS

I talked to Fox and I am setting up the shocks the way they say they should be. With the 32" Tensors the ride height will be 17" instead of the stock 14". I'll try that for a bit and see how it works.

HavaToon

Reaction score
I talked to Fox and I am setting up the shocks the way they say they should be. With the 32" Tensors the ride height will be 17" instead of the stock 14". I'll try that for a bit and see how it works.

Can you share the settings fox gave you?

I'm running the 31" ITP Ultracross and they measure a true 31.5". This is what I've been able to come up with. IMG_5141.jpg

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Can you share the settings fox gave you?

I'm running the 31" ITP Ultracross and they measure a true 31.5". This is what I've been able to come up with. View attachment 594670

Here you go.

" Yeah for starters we can do a bit with what came from the factory then when Fox finally decides to get the parts made I have come up with a nice upgraded inner body and valving that really wakes them up. Springs are pretty good from the factory with the exception of that stupid upper spring in the back.

Front set the ride height at 15? under the skid plate.
Preload ring will be about 3 3/4? from the bottom of the body cap to the top of the spring. Crossover rings I start as high as they will go and move down from there to control ride height under G-outs. Set clickers at 2 turns from all the way closed high and low speed. On the rebound clicker set that at 6 clicks out from full closed.

Rear
First remove shocks and pull the upper tender off. It takes a while I?ll see you tomorrow.
I know it?s a pain but it does not allow the crossover to go high enough and the ride suffers. If you don?t have time to do that set ride height at 15? under the skid plate the measurement should be about 6 1/2? from bottom of body cap to top of upper spring get crossovers as high as you can when the car is jacked all the way up from the skid with the wheel off the ground. You will see what I mean It is worth pulling that spring.

If you pull the spring then set the ride height the same and the measurement is about8 ?? form body cap to top of spring give or take.

Set crossovers 4? above slider at ride height and 2 turns from full closed high and low speed. On the rebound 8 clicks from full closed.

One thing you need to know on the rebound adjusters is it is not a checked valve which means it is just a bleed hole so the further open it gets the more comfortable the ride but you lose bottom out resistance. Also on the high and low speed adjusters although you can turn them to whatever works try to keep them within one turn of each other as they do work in conjunction and if one is all the way closed and one all the way open neither one does much so keep them within a turn of each other."

HavaToon

Reaction score
Here you go.

" Yeah for starters we can do a bit with what came from the factory then when Fox finally decides to get the parts made I have come up with a nice upgraded inner body and valving that really wakes them up. Springs are pretty good from the factory with the exception of that stupid upper spring in the back.

Front set the ride height at 15? under the skid plate.
Preload ring will be about 3 3/4? from the bottom of the body cap to the top of the spring. Crossover rings I start as high as they will go and move down from there to control ride height under G-outs. Set clickers at 2 turns from all the way closed high and low speed. On the rebound clicker set that at 6 clicks out from full closed.

Rear
First remove shocks and pull the upper tender off. It takes a while I?ll see you tomorrow.
I know it?s a pain but it does not allow the crossover to go high enough and the ride suffers. If you don?t have time to do that set ride height at 15? under the skid plate the measurement should be about 6 1/2? from bottom of body cap to top of upper spring get crossovers as high as you can when the car is jacked all the way up from the skid with the wheel off the ground. You will see what I mean It is worth pulling that spring.

If you pull the spring then set the ride height the same and the measurement is about8 ?? form body cap to top of spring give or take.

Set crossovers 4? above slider at ride height and 2 turns from full closed high and low speed. On the rebound 8 clicks from full closed.

One thing you need to know on the rebound adjusters is it is not a checked valve which means it is just a bleed hole so the further open it gets the more comfortable the ride but you lose bottom out resistance. Also on the high and low speed adjusters although you can turn them to whatever works try to keep them within one turn of each other as they do work in conjunction and if one is all the way closed and one all the way open neither one does much so keep them within a turn of each other."

Thanks! I'll try the new setups this weekend if I have time.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
She's stripped down to nothing. Parts are going to start being bolted on now.

Can Am Max 11.jpg.jpg

HavaToon

Reaction score
The FOX shock settings for the max are on point! Now I'm running 70+mph through the big desert whoops.

FRONT:
LSC-3 Turns Out
HSC-3 Turns out
Rebound-10 Clicks Out
Installed Spring Length-22 7/8"
From cap to spring 3.5"-3.75"
Crossover-2 1/8"
Ride Height-15" (16.5" with 31" tires)

REAR:
LSC-3 Turns Out
HSC-3 Turns Out
Rebound-10 Clicks out
Installed Spring Length-27 3/8"
From cap to spring 9.5"
Crossover-2"
Ride Height-15" (16.5" with 31" tires)

Joe mama

Reaction score
Any finished pictures. How do you like the 4seater? Like them just afraid of the length.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Any finished pictures. How do you like the 4seater? Like them just afraid of the length.

Those pics (suspension) are from today. Should be complete by the end of the week. The shocks are all tuned to what the main guy from Fox told me they should. With 32" Tensors the ride height should go from 14.5 to 16.5 to 17" so the clearance is greatly improved. I am a little apprehensive about the length as well. Once I take it out I'll do a little write up on it.

HavaToon

Reaction score

I'm sitting at 16.5" with 31" tire and the fox settings. Haven't had a single issue with the length and I've already put almost 200 miles in the havasu desert.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Those pics (suspension) are from today. Should be complete by the end of the week. The shocks are all tuned to what the main guy from Fox told me they should. With 32" Tensors the ride height should go from 14.5 to 16.5 to 17" so the clearance is greatly improved. I am a little apprehensive about the length as well. Once I take it out I'll do a little write up on it.

That would be awesome! Looks like it's turning out nice.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
So far today, lightbar and Gibson exhaust. I love that exhaust uses the stock location and the stock outlet and is supposed to pick up 8 hp.

Can Am Max 19.jpg.jpg Can Am Max 20.jpg.jpg

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Wiring up this thing is taking forever with only one tech working on it...here's where they are at today.

Can Am Max 23.jpg.jpg Can Am Max 22.jpg.jpg Can Am Max 21.jpg.jpg

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
She's really close. Quality control needs to go over everything therm the wrap. 20171103_151625.jpg 20171103_151838.jpg 20171103_151932.jpg 20171103_151940.jpg 20171103_153029.jpg 106128.jpg 106129.jpg 106130.jpg 106132.jpg

HavaToon

Reaction score
Looking really good.

FYI after the first 50 or so miles go back and retorque the suspension otherwise you will start to hear pops and rattling.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
That is awesome, we'll have to make a run somewhere soon.

We are going to be in Parker from next Sat to the following Sun...I'm game whenever. Going to get it plated on Monday so I will be able to drive it everywhere.

catman

Reaction score
Turned out great !!!! Are you happy with BMM (Berts) ? I have been looking at some of there builds and if you can wheel and deal on them there pricing is not bad ...

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Turned out great !!!! Are you happy with BMM (Berts) ? I have been looking at some of there builds and if you can wheel and deal on them there pricing is not bad ...
I dealt with Matt K at Burts and he was really easy to deal with. You have to stay on top of the pricing. I was able to buy things and have them install them but they didn't really want to do that as they wanted their markup on things sold. I was told they are not a custom shop that don't like working just for labor. Other than that they were very good.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Well! What's the good bad and ugly after a week with it?

catman

Reaction score
I dealt with Matt K at Burts and he was really easy to deal with. You have to stay on top of the pricing. I was able to buy things and have them install them but they didn't really want to do that as they wanted their markup on things sold. I was told they are not a custom shop that don't like working just for labor. Other than that they were very good.

Thanks,What did you think of the Can am handling,performance ? I am thinking of jumping from Polaris.I see a lot more quality in the Can am.I was all over Parker this last weekend and had my eye out for you wanting to check it out.Back way to the desert bar was like the 91 fwy on Friday so we went to the races and cruised around there.Great build.Car looks bad ass and has a ton of room..