WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can Am X3 RS Max

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Well! What's the good bad and ugly after a week with it?

The thing is a beast. Way faster than it needs to be and ate up everything i threw at it. I was really cautious at first, just wanted to get used to the car and figure out its capabilities for a bit.

The 1st night out we did a pretty technical trail from River Island to the Desert Bar road. Somehow I bent a mid radius arm on that run. The next morning I called Assault Industries and ordered a complete set of radius arms for the back. They showed up the next day and had it back running by mid afternoon. I took it out a bit that day...prob 30 or so miles to get used to it. Went out that night with the wife and ran up Osbourne Wash to Shea Rd and ran back along Shea Rd back toward Bradley Chevy and then back to the house. We ran along Shea about 60 or so MPH at times and I never hit anything that made me feel uncomfortable at all. I would come up on holes and back way off and hit them and barley feel it. As I got more comfortable I increased the speed and would literally float over holes. My wife's first words after we stopped after running a pretty used up section..."holy shit this thing is smooth, there is no way we could have gone that fast in the RZR".

It worked flawless the rest of the weekend. My almost 3 year old loved it...it's his new race car. The 15 month old liked it but i need to figure out how to keep him from sliding down in his seat.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Thanks,What did you think of the Can am handling,performance ? I am thinking of jumping from Polaris.I see a lot more quality in the Can am.I was all over Parker this last weekend and had my eye out for you wanting to check it out.Back way to the desert bar was like the 91 fwy on Friday so we went to the races and cruised around there.Great build.Car looks bad ass and has a ton of room..

You can't even compare the two cars unless you had long travel and Kings on a RZR. On the trails the car does not drive as big as it is and when you are running down some of the more torn up trails the extra wheel base is awesome. We headed out to the Desert Bar by 10 on Friday and when we got out there there was literally 50 to 100 people out there so it was nice riding.

Thank you, it worked great and yes there is a ton of room in these cars.

Meaney77

Reaction score

HavaToon

Reaction score
The thing is a beast. Way faster than it needs to be and ate up everything i threw at it. I was really cautious at first, just wanted to get used to the car and figure out its capabilities for a bit.

The 1st night out we did a pretty technical trail from River Island to the Desert Bar road. Somehow I bent a mid radius arm on that run. The next morning I called Assault Industries and ordered a complete set of radius arms for the back. They showed up the next day and had it back running by mid afternoon. I took it out a bit that day...prob 30 or so miles to get used to it. Went out that night with the wife and ran up Osbourne Wash to Shea Rd and ran back along Shea Rd back toward Bradley Chevy and then back to the house. We ran along Shea about 60 or so MPH at times and I never hit anything that made me feel uncomfortable at all. I would come up on holes and back way off and hit them and barley feel it. As I got more comfortable I increased the speed and would literally float over holes. My wife's first words after we stopped after running a pretty used up section..."holy shit this thing is smooth, there is no way we could have gone that fast in the RZR".

It worked flawless the rest of the weekend. My almost 3 year old loved it...it's his new race car. The 15 month old liked it but i need to figure out how to keep him from sliding down in his seat.

Couldn’t agree with you more about the Max, best car I have ever owned or driven. I haven’t found one draw back yet.

For your 15 month old, we just ratchet strap our daughters car seat in which seems to have worked the best. She’s 3 but prefers it over the jump seats.

Joe mama

Reaction score

Thanks for the update!
Sounds like you made the right decision. I would love to pull the trigger on one. Yours looks so cool and sounds like it performs just as cool.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score

catman

Reaction score
Lynch,
Did you get the wrap done yet ? Would love to see some pics.Thanks

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
The wrap is done. Just got sent these. I will post more once I get it.
Can Am Max 50.jpg.jpeg
Can Am Max 51.jpg.jpeg
Can Am Max 49.jpg.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
Looks awesome! The wrap does a great job of tieing everything together. I love the look and the lines!

It doesn’t look like a sxs, more like a buggy/ pre runner / sand rail

Not to pry but as it sits are you over or under $50 with all the mods?

Thanks!

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Looks awesome! The wrap does a great job of tieing everything together. I love the look and the lines!

It doesn’t look like a sxs, more like a buggy/ pre runner / sand rail

Not to pry but as it sits are you over or under $50 with all the mods?

Thanks!
PM sent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hammer

Reaction score
The roof graphic is killer, the final product turned out amazing. Bet the family is ready to play now!

LC925

Reaction score
Congrats on the build looks amazing. I rode in one for the first time on NYE in Glamis and boy was i impressed when comparing it to a RZR XP4 1000 I have.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Nice project. Came out dope.

I drove a max with the Fox shox reset and it’s a plush limo on the Dunes.
The Evo ECU gives it super power.
The X3 Max is fantastic.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Hard to find a good dealer.
You can grind prices at Berts.
Perseverance patience and keeping in touch is the key.
You’ll eventually get a decent price if you’re willing to hold out.
Dealers will be knocking $3k off this spring.
Berts seems to have a revolving door of mechanics but the service always seems to be ok.
X3 first service they ask $840
XPT first service $960
Both prices ridiculous.
Oil change kit from Rocky Mountain $60 no tax free delivery.
It has the seals and gizmos ya need, oil and filter.

Last edited:

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Looks awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
I wonder why they don't offer the lower arm in sheet metal as well. That really seems to be a weak link on these.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
I wonder why they don't offer the lower arm in sheet metal as well. That really seems to be a weak link on these.

I was told that the upper arm carries all of the load and needs the strength. The lower arm doesn't need to be sheet metal, it can be built for less money and will be lighter.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
DF745E13-B417-4115-997A-D8AB73F7D8F0.jpeg
Kool , I just got my 2018 set up at Off-road 365 rides 10x better , I love your doors where did you get them ?

JD D05

Reaction score
I went out to Little Sahara last weekend with a group of friends that all have Can am's one guy who is on this forum says hey you want to go with me to warm up the belt. I said ok thinking it would be a nice calm ride NOPE. He scared the shit out of me, keep in mind I have never been in one. The best was going about 80 down the face of sand mountain and catching some air. Tried to be cool but fuk. These machines are unreal.

And his runs only on race gas come to find out.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
T&B, Can you tell me where that shop is? Are they local? They just tuned your shock height and setup? Thanks!
He took off sway bar set shocks and 1 other thing I can’t remember ? In st George on s270e on left side off of riverside dr ,Chad 435 669-7044

gqchris

Reaction score
He took off sway bar set shocks and 1 other thing I can’t remember ? In st George on s270e on left side off of riverside dr ,Chad 435 669-7044

Thanks. Maybe worth the drive if I get that way for some rides!