WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Banshee guru

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I have another question for you guys. A couple actually.
First.
The engine has a Ricky Stator deal on it with adjustable timing plate.
Right now zero is in line with the part line between the upper and lower engine case.
Where should it be for optimal power/reliability?

Second. Gearing. Last time out I ran a 14/44
I run an 8 paddle Dico turf tamer straight paddle, 20x11-9
It felt too low. Just spinning tire.
I didn't play with launching it as I knew that other rear end was on borrowed time.
I'm thinking 14/41 or 14/42 this time?

Ive never messed with the timing on mine.

My gearing wouldn't help much, I think I launch in third anyway. Ill see if I can get a look at what is on the other bike, that should be closer to what you need.

Brian

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Ive never messed with the timing on mine.

My gearing wouldn't help much, I think I launch in third anyway. Ill see if I can get a look at what is on the other bike, that should be closer to what you need.

Brian
I don't remember what the gearing was at the time but when it had the 370 long Rod engine in it I launched in 3rd also.
Sort of fun, here around the house I could launch in 3rd on asphalt and leave about 15 foot of black lines on the street. A gap, then 4th gear tire tracks too for another 5-6 foot:cool:
Banshees are too much fun:)

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I'll probably go 42 out back as I already have one.
I have a 41 also but is a stock heavy sprocket.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
If your are running a Ricky successfully, you are one of the only! Those things are typically a giant headache! As for timing, what are you running for fuel? Most of the "average" duner type setups run at +4 pretty reliably with decent gains. Much more and you'll have to probably change fuel. If you are already running 110, and your comp isn't WAY out there, you could probably swing +7. We ran the drag bikes up in the +12 range, but they were all purpose built time bombs on alcohol.

Gearing- I'm not going to be much help there. Your surfaces and HP are much different than what I ran.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gelcoater

Reaction score
If your are running a Ricky successfully, you are one of the only! Those things are typically a giant headache! As for timing, what are you running for fuel? Most of the "average" duner type setups run at +4 pretty reliably with decent gains. Much more and you'll have to probably change fuel. If you are already running 110, and your comp isn't WAY out there, you could probably swing +7. We ran the drag bikes up in the +12 range, but they were all purpose built time bombs on alcohol.

Gearing- I'm not going to be much help there. Your surfaces and HP are much different than what I ran.

Reading between the lines here I should go order a new stator...noted:D

Cylinder pressure was 160 last I checked it? Ran a 91 octane/VP C-12 at 50/50.
Again, reading between the lines I think I'll leave it be for now. :)

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
A neighbor was asking about them so I broke them out.

Case on the left is a Billet Banshee capable of a 20MM stoker crank. Uses all other Banshee parts.

Case on the right is stretched and set up for twin Honda 250r cylinders. Everything else is Banshee.

Banshee cases.jpg

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
My last 2 bikes. Probably done with the bangshee game, I enjoy the boats too much to dedicate the time it takes to run these things.

Drag bike and dune bike
20120629_165816.jpg
IMAG0784.jpg

Gelcoater

Reaction score
My last 2 bikes. Probably done with the bangshee game, I enjoy the boats too much to dedicate the time it takes to run these things.

Drag bike and dune bike View attachment 619830 View attachment 619831

Jesus! :D

The orange drag bike, Kawi triple?

Edit....
The "dune" bike :D looks a bit more drag than my idea of dune, but to each their own, lol. What displacement is that? And what pipes are those?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
A neighbor was asking about them so I broke them out.

Case on the left is a Billet Banshee capable of a 20MM stoker crank. Uses all other Banshee parts.

Case on the right is stretched and set up for twin Honda 250r cylinders. Everything else is Banshee.

View attachment 619759
So, the one that takes 250 cylinders.
Am I correct in thinking one could build something close to 600ish cc's?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
So, the one that takes 250 cylinders.
Am I correct in thinking one could build something close to 600ish cc's?

With a little crank yes. Otherwise it will go to somewhere around 1100 with big bore cylinders and a 20MM stroker crank.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

Edit....
The "dune" bike :D looks a bit more drag than my idea of dune, but to each their own, lol. What displacement is that? And what pipes are those?

Likely it is a third hole welded onto a Banshee case and a triple Banshee type cylinder, probably a Cheetah cylinder. :)

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

Edit....
Orange bike is a billet case, billet crank, billet tranny, "banshee based" CP cylinder deal. Small CC in the world of triples at just about 1000cc. Dune bike is a turbo/nitrous stock cyld stock stroke.

I REALLY enjoy the drag bike stuff, but I'm also REALLY glad to be out of it!

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Orange bike is a billet case, billet crank, billet tranny, "banshee based" CP cylinder deal. Small CC in the world of triples at just about 1000cc. Dune bike is a turbo/nitrous stock cyld stock stroke.

I REALLY enjoy the drag bike stuff, but I'm also REALLY glad to be out of it!

So Mattoon case then?

Nice.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
My eldest son's 97.
Bought it 6mos old from a friend. Son built it for his senior project, it is a 370 long rod engine with some trick carbs I can't remember. We have a close friend who is a guru at porting these things but he only does 1 or 2 a year, he is now working on some turbo project with a well known turbo builder but this will be the next porting job he does.
This bike will never leave the family. Only pic I have on this computer.
ChrisBanshee.jpg

MohavValley

Reaction score
Gearing is 3 to 1 ratio, 3 in the back equals 1 in the front. Don't go smaller than 13 in the front if your spinning it fast.

Rode with a guy with cheetahs and cpi's, bike was fast on the hill but couldn't dune it for $hiz, ( could have been the rider), sucked gas like a bottomless pit, couldn't go from wash 2 to China and back without running out of gas with a dessert tank.

You can also go with a little bigger roll out on the rears and it'll increase your carry speed when rolling through the dunes, less rolling resistance.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Gearing is 3 to 1 ratio, 3 in the back equals 1 in the front. Don't go smaller than 13 in the front if your spinning it fast.

Rode with a guy with cheetahs and cpi's, bike was fast on the hill but couldn't dune it for $hiz, ( could have been the rider), sucked gas like a bottomless pit, couldn't go from wash 2 to China and back without running out of gas with a dessert tank.

You can also go with a little bigger roll out on the rears and it'll increase your carry speed when rolling through the dunes, less rolling resistance.
Banshees have always been thirsty.
Add some comp and carbs and they seem to consume twice as much? :D

I didn’t really put much time on it this trip, and probably less than a gallon of fuel. No one worth wasting fuel on, lol.
I did put some through the wife’s 250 though:)
Did you guys go the week we talked about?
We were there, but I rolled in a day later than I anticipated. Was ok though, I stayed a day longer than I’d planned too:D

MohavValley

Reaction score
Yep we where out, we shoot for 5-6 trips a year and plan the whole season before hand.

I looked for you guys on way out Sunday, there where two groups camped along the canal, one had a 90's warrior with a checkered awning and something yellow, maybe your banshee? It was from road and that was 3 weeks ago so I'm a little foggy. Then there was a larger group of 5-6 rigs parked on some sort of a pad next to the canal. Either of those you?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Yep we where out, we shoot for 5-6 trips a year and plan the whole season before hand.

I looked for you guys on way out Sunday, there where two groups camped along the canal, one had a 90's warrior with a checkered awning and something yellow, maybe your banshee? It was from road and that was 3 weeks ago so I'm a little foggy. Then there was a larger group of 5-6 rigs parked on some sort of a pad next to the canal. Either of those you?
Yep. Checkered awning. I don’t recall the brand, not a warrior. Big! Let me see if I recall, a RZR, an LT80,an LT400, and I think an ATC70? in the trailer, another 80 and 400 in the truck bed. Lol.
There was room he coulda fit the cr500 too!
The yellow had to be the banshee, or the 80s .