WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gen v water passage block offs ?????

Blownbillybob

Reaction score
675BC55B-2E17-49ED-BD57-DDF823DCF0AF.jpeg
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

I’ve never seen block offs like this before?
It’s a v-drive with a glenwood cam driven pump Merlin cast iron heads

The 2 banks are opposite of each other at first I thought it was for the exiting water to push threw a different are of the head but both side are opposite??

I know it’s for even cooling of the block but I thought the new head gaskets already addressed that issue

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Do you know what the water pressure was before issues occured. Everything could have been fine other that too much water pressure. Gen-V blocks are tricky to match a headgasket to a particular head. Running chevy iron 718 heads on my Gen-V and I think I had just over 3/16ths overlap. Right on the line of too thin. I'm very careful to keep tabs on the block pressure.

Blownbillybob

Reaction score
Do you know what the water pressure was before issues occured. Everything could have been fine other that too much water pressure. Gen-V blocks are tricky to match a headgasket to a particular head. Running chevy iron 718 heads on my Gen-V and I think I had just over 3/16ths overlap. Right on the line of too thin. I'm very careful to keep tabs on the block pressure.

The milk shake was happening only on top and not turning oil milky cause no engine temp running to cold
Not sure of water pressure

Powermizer

Reaction score
I have used those before. they are meant to be used on a gen V-VI block and using mark 4 heads. Merlin heads work with either block. what is the head gasket part number?

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
The milk shake was happening only on top and not turning oil milky cause no engine temp running to cold
Not sure of water pressure

I think you may be wrong about that, too much water in the oil for condensation only. Oil temperature is not the same as water temperature in an engine, if you put a load on the engine it will warm the oil to the point of vaporizing the water off, even if water temp gauge still indicates in the low 100's. How is your oil level on the dipstick?

Blownbillybob

Reaction score
It has Merlin heads on it with fel pro marine head gaskets

Diddnt even know it was happening till I took the engine apart??

Blownbillybob

Reaction score
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Here’s what the top end look like
No shake in oil!!!

Attachments

• 772CC426-4047-4EA7-BE37-DFBF759F5CC7.jpeg
    772CC426-4047-4EA7-BE37-DFBF759F5CC7.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 149

Powermizer

Reaction score
Those adapter plate's you have, have to be silicone with some good stuff. If you can't see the silicone, then I bet that's your problem. Reassemble without those adapters.

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
I agree with Barry. Some condensation hanging around the back sides of the valve covers especially with engines that do run cool and don't get OT up often (200F+) can be normal especially in non NA engines. I wouldn't pass it off as condensation either.