WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fishing Charter or Half Day boat recommendations..

MCnParker

Reaction score
I am hoping you all have some suggestions for me on this. My son, Who turns 11 on Sunday, is absolutely obsessed with fishing now. All he talks about is when can he go out and try fishing in the ocean. I have never been out fishing in the big blue and would love to take him out for his birthday or in the next couple weeks since the weather is not looking great this weekend.

So would we be better off going out of Newport or Dana Point? Anybody have any boats they recommend, I am not apposed to a private charter if the price is somewhat reasonable.

What are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks for any help you all might have...

hallett21

Reaction score
I am hoping you all have some suggestions for me on this. My son, Who turns 11 on Sunday, is absolutely obsessed with fishing now. All he talks about is when can he go out and try fishing in the ocean. I have never been out fishing in the big blue and would love to take him out for his birthday or in the next couple weeks since the weather is not looking great this weekend.

So would we be better off going out of Newport or Dana Point? Anybody have any boats they recommend, I am not apposed to a private charter if the price is somewhat reasonable.

What are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks for any help you all might have...
go on bloody decks. its like the rdp of fishing. Lots of people post reports out of every harbor.

Do you already have gear? If not you can rent at the dock.

probably looking at 50-75 a person for a 1/2 day to 3/4 day trip. Those leave at 6am and return between 12-3 depending on which one you choose.

SKIA36

Reaction score
go on bloody decks. its like the rdp of fishing. Lots of people post reports out of every harbor.

Do you already have gear? If not you can rent at the dock.

probably looking at 50-75 a person for a 1/2 day to 3/4 day trip. Those leave at 6am and return between 12-3 depending on which one you choose.

X2!

Xring01

Reaction score
Go to San Diego...

H&M landing, Daily Double, half day, up to 25 people on the boat...day
Fishermans Landing has a one or two half day boats...

Honestly, you should wait until the ocean warms up for offshore.. warmer the water the better the fishing...

Pm me if you want more info... I have fished SoCal for 20 years and have a 28ft offshore boat..

Spent alot time $$$ chasing fish, i think crack might be a cheaper hobby