throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
IMG_1422.JPG

IMG_1423.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishing fool

Reaction score
That is what RD has in his boat also the 10 in his ranger.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
That is what RD has in his boat also the 10 in his ranger.

How are your new speakers? And you did 1 or 2 amps?

I am considering a few pairs of KM 8" Marine Coaxials with the LED backlighting. Want to add a sub and gonna need to have an amp or two I think.

fishing fool

Reaction score
The ranger has 3 amps, 2 sub and 1 for the highs. He has the PX amps in the ranger. I also put the PX amps in my boat and love them.
The boat has 4 or 5 amps and is all the kicker marine speakers and amps.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
The ranger has 3 amps, 2 sub and 1 for the highs. He has the PX amps in the ranger. I also put the PX amps in my boat and love them.
The boat has 4 or 5 amps and is all the kicker marine speakers and amps.

That is too much. If I was trying to be the dj for everyone I would just run extension cords from a generator on the backside of a hill to support a console, speakers and a disco ball on the beach.

I wanna keep it simple and clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UAV.Pilot

Reaction score
I’ve been playing with stereo systems since I was a kid, it’s a hobby of mine, by no stretch am I an expert.
Probably why I’m going deaf so early in life.
I’ve been using kicker products since 2007

They have come a long way and now are the clear leader in amp/speaker technology it seems. I still like my Alpine stuff, and my Eclipse system is still so clean sounding. But,
I’m buying the KMC20 to install in my boat as well.
I found a deal at bestbuy for the 1200.1 and 600.1 so I snagged them up.
The 1200.1 is banging a solarbaric L7 in a ported enclosure, it’s way too much for my truck. Runnin 600 Watts rms, and it don’t stop! Amazing how cool it runs as well!

The main thing to consider in a boat is it’s like a convertible car, you can never have enough power! All the sound evaporates into the air, unlike an enclosed car, so what ever power you are thinking about go a little more...

In my small boats weight is a factor, so I tend to keep a small system you can hear well when floating down the river, and I’m good!
I’ll more than likely do the kmc20 with a 600.1 and a 300.4 and because my boat is already setup with 6x9’s I’ll replace them with new ones?
It will sound good enough for my taste...

Last edited: