WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Guy from Ny, looking for 25ft walk through

71Cuda

Reaction score
So I am a new member and I love this site and I boat in upstate NY. I sold my Checkmate Enforcer last year to get a bow rider for the kids, but still would like to go 70 mph. I am looking for a 25 Ft Walk through. The models I am considering are Shockwave Tremor, Nordic Rage, Hallett 240, Eliminator Eagle 250 or Ultra-Laveycraft Nuera 247 and Cole 250s World Class . My kids are early teens, and I really don’t need the MCOB, even though there are a lot more of those available. I’m looking to spend between 40 and 50K. I’ve been a Hot Boat reader since the eighties, so I’m familiar with all them on paper, but not in person. We just never get any of those west coast boats out here unfortunately. I’m looking for the one that would handle the rough stuff the best, as my wife has a bad back. How would you rate them according to how they handle the rough stuff? I know they are all quality boats. I plan on taking a trip out to Vegas the last week in April and figured I could do a couple of days in Havasu, but don’t know what would be available to see when I get there. Thanks, I look forward to everyone’s feedback!

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Yes yes yes. Welcome.

Checkout MaxedOutMarine, they just listed a 2016 Shockwave Tremor. You’ll like it

Rob

71Cuda

Reaction score
Yes yes yes. Welcome.

Checkout MaxedOutMarine, they just listed a 2016 Shockwave Tremor. You’ll like it

Rob
Yea I saw it, It's beautiful, just out of my league at 95K. Budget is 40-50K

milkmoney

Reaction score
Welcome to the circus from the other side ,...... as u search , I would give
Maxed out marine ( Paul) OD1 here on the boards a shout and tell him what ur looking for and how much u can spend
[emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Welcome, you are inmate 20845, you will need to know this as there will be a test later. :)

Now down to business.....as the resident Dodge nut, lets see some pictures of the Cuda. :)

Bonus points if it is a big block 4 spd, double points if it has a hemi. ;)

Brian

71Cuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the circus from the other side ,...... as u search , I would give
Maxed out marine ( Paul) OD1 here on the boards a shout and tell him what ur looking for and how much u can spend
[emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks I will give him a call, thanks!

71Cuda

Reaction score
Welcome, you are inmate 20845, you will need to know this as there will be a test later. :)

Now down to business.....as the resident Dodge nut, lets see some pictures of the Cuda. :)

Bonus points if it is a big block 4 spd, double points if it has a hemi. ;)

Brian
The Cuda has been off the road for a few years as I was focusing on my business. I will post a picture soon, Its a 340, but its a pistol grip...and a ragtop...Also have a Dodge stepside, lowered with a small block and nitrous.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
The Cuda has been off the road for a few years as I was focusing on my business. I will post a picture soon, Its a 340, but its a pistol grip...and a ragtop...Also have a Dodge stepside, lowered with a small block and nitrous.
Good enough. Let's see some pictures. :)

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
So I am a new member and I love this site and I boat in upstate NY. I sold my Checkmate Enforcer last year to get a bow rider for the kids, but still would like to go 70 mph. I am looking for a 25 Ft Walk through. The models I am considering are Shockwave Tremor, Nordic Rage, Hallett 240, Eliminator Eagle 250 or Ultra-Laveycraft Nuera 247 and Cole 250s World Class . My kids are early teens, and I really don’t need the MCOB, even though there are a lot more of those available. I’m looking to spend between 40 and 50K. I’ve been a Hot Boat reader since the eighties, so I’m familiar with all them on paper, but not in person. We just never get any of those west coast boats out here unfortunately. I’m looking for the one that would handle the rough stuff the best, as my wife has a bad back. How would you rate them according to how they handle the rough stuff? I know they are all quality boats. I plan on taking a trip out to Vegas the last week in April and figured I could do a couple of days in Havasu, but don’t know what would be available to see when I get there. Thanks, I look forward to everyone’s feedback!

Where are you planning on running your boat?

I am on Keuka Lake, and do trailer it to other places in Western and Central NY and even into Canukistan for a change of scenery. The places you are planning on running should drive what you really need as opposed to what you want.

71Cuda

Reaction score
Where are you planning on running your boat?

I am on Keuka Lake, and do trailer it to other places in Western and Central NY and even into Canukistan for a change of scenery. The places you are planning on running should drive what you really need as opposed to what you want.
I have a house at Sacandaga, I really don't travel much with the boat. The big end of the lake gets pretty rough on weekends, but we really don't need the mid cuddy. The kids have friends so we need the open bow. We still tube and ski behind the boat, so I don't want to go over the 25 ft. What are you running in?

Meaney77

Reaction score
Welcome!

I have a 25' Eliminator Eagle closed bow with an HP 500. Love the boat, have had it for a number of years and no issues (knock on wood). Overall boat rides descent and performs well. I have had it out on some pretty big days in Havasu and always handles the rough stuff- just bury the trim tabs and cruise along. I have 3 little ones and we have never been out where it was to much for them. Overall love the boat, if I was in the market for a new to me boat, I would look around at a 25' Howard Bullet.

Good Luck

71Cuda

Reaction score
Welcome!

I have a 25' Eliminator Eagle closed bow with an HP 500. Love the boat, have had it for a number of years and no issues (knock on wood). Overall boat rides descent and performs well. I have had it out on some pretty big days in Havasu and always handles the rough stuff- just bury the trim tabs and cruise along. I have 3 little ones and we have never been out where it was to much for them. Overall love the boat, if I was in the market for a new to me boat, I would look around at a 25' Howard Bullet.

Good Luck
That's a nice boat, I'm sure that scoots over 80 mph. I would LOVE to have a Howard, but they rarely ever come up for sale. I think I'm down to Lavey nuera 24, Tremor and Rage. I don't want something too big, I just want it to handle 2-3 footers. The tremor seems big, and I know it would probably handle the rough stuff the best, but I need to come out and check them out. I'm planning to fly out in 2-3 weeks..

Last edited:

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
I have a house at Sacandaga, I really don't travel much with the boat. The big end of the lake gets pretty rough on weekends, but we really don't need the mid cuddy. The kids have friends so we need the open bow. We still tube and ski behind the boat, so I don't want to go over the 25 ft. What are you running in?

I have never been out on Sacondaga so I can't speak to conditions there.

I was on Oneida Lake, and went to Lake Ontario (Sandy Pond/Pulaski) to Keuka Lake. I had a 27' Imperial that I got rid of when I went to Lake Ontario. While on Lake Ontario I ran a Checkmate Convincor 300.

I got off Lake Ontario and went to Keuka Lake because I found that I liked 20' boats rather than the bigger boats (and big water) because of the ability to handle the boat myself (dock lines, etc) and not getting tossed around on a rough day. With the lake being in a gorge, there is always a place that is quiet enough to ski. I sold off all of my property at Sandy Pond and I bought a place on Keuka (Branchport), and an older Eliminator 20' sport cruiser w/454 that I got from Eliminator while on business in LA. I like the low freeboard, and the idea that if it's not a perfect day, I'm not going out in it. I keep an older mastercraft 190 for skiing as well. I figure that if it's rough out there, I don't need to be there adding to it.