WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How much have you inherited?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Only thing I have asked my mother to make sure I get when she passes is her stainless stell 50 year old potato shredder. When my pops died I told him I would provide for my Mom. She Lived with me for 10 years before she moved in with a sister because she really started needing female assistance.

I am emotionally attached to that shredder. She used to go thru 100 lbs of
Potatos a month along with sausage gravy for my son and me.

We come from Meager means with 11
Kids. We always had a house, food and home made clothes.

All is good.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I got to tell you I normally dont post in Grads threads.

This is a perfect example of very shallow behavior.

If you inheirited something of value good for you.

Makes me think of the dumb fucks coming up unsolicited after seeing my boat. First thing out of their pie hole...How much did you pay for your boat? F off!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I got to tell you I normally dont post in Grads threads.

This is a perfect example of very shallow behavior.

If you inheirited something of value good for you.

Makes me think of the dumb fucks coming up unsolicited after seeing my boat. First thing out of their pie hole...How much did you pay for your boat? F off!
How much did you pay for your boat???

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Many of us remember a guy buying a boat from a lady and her daughter that got screwed over by her husband.That husband went to jail.You really helped that family when they needed it most.

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
I'm still pretty new here but is this for real?? idk of a single reason why anyone would think they could ask this question...I guess I'm confused by this thread as a whole and wondering if this is just to piss people off or is it actually a joke??

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I'm still pretty new here but is this for real?? idk of a single reason why anyone would think they could ask this question...I guess I'm confused by this thread as a whole and wondering if this is just to piss people off or is it actually a joke??

Yes.

It’s a typical Grads thread.

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
"I'm offended by this question, how could you ask?".....means I'm not willing to disclose how rich I got from my relatives.:D

Most the broke dicks like me have no problem answering....zero is zero.

not what it means at all....clearly all you're trying to do is get a rise out of people and I'm not going to play keyboard commando with you and argue via a public forum...I will say however that asking about a family's financial status after a loss is about as low and classless as anyone can get...if you really need a rise in life that bad you should go to a bar and ask this question face to face with a few random strangers as you're doing here...might get a little more than you bargained for

I will also say that no matter the amount of an inheritance 0-a mil or more...I would be willing to say 99% of people would agree that one more day with that loved one would be far superior than any amount of money...just my thoughts

copterzach

Reaction score
A good dose of common sense, which tells me not to ask such questions. And to not answer them, if someone were to ask.

A strong faith, a bust my ass work ethic and the desire to provide a better childhood for my kids. My childhood was rough....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
A license plate with my last name, 1000’s a worthless 80’s-90’s baseball cards from my dad and a gold watch from my grandpa.

farmo83

Reaction score
A little porch sign that belonged to my grandparents and a rebuilt mini grandfather clock.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
only thing my dad gave me was to my uncle,and as I got older and looked back, what a great guy, yeah, he made me work my ass off on the dairy, milk'n, loading hay, irrigating and all the normal...he taught me no ones ever gonna "GIVE me anything but a job to do....you want something, you work for it, he also taught me to take care of my stuff..my aunt,another great person, use to make my school and sunday shirts....we got up at 3am and went to the barn, when we got done.about 7am she would have a whole table of food cooked for us...learned the first day, you could but all you wanted on your plate...but you had too "eat it,or wear it" plate had to be clean before you could leave the table. my uncle is 75 now...I think, and still loading hay out by los banos

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I got a velvet painting of a freaking rooster! It’s worth a few hundred bucks. The painting I wanted got sold at auction for over a 100k. I’m the black sheep of the family. I ran the family farm for years while they did nothing. We had a hundred head of cattle give or take and 1500 acres of tillable ground and another 900 acres or hay. All the equipment, my grandfathers muscle cars and airplanes sold at unction. When my grandmother died. My aunt and uncle and cousins all got new houses and cars. Oh and there college was paid for. Then they all got divorced, I’m still married I worked and paid my own way through school. I win, I work like a dog but I still got my beautiful wife and kids to come home too.

wanna sell it? post a pic of it..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I got a velvet painting of a freaking rooster! It’s worth a few hundred bucks. The painting I wanted got sold at auction for over a 100k. I’m the black sheep of the family. I ran the family farm for years while they did nothing. We had a hundred head of cattle give or take and 1500 acres of tillable ground and another 900 acres or hay. All the equipment, my grandfathers muscle cars and airplanes sold at unction. When my grandmother died. My aunt and uncle and cousins all got new houses and cars. Oh and there college was paid for. Then they all got divorced, I’m still married I worked and paid my own way through school. I win, I work like a dog but I still got my beautiful wife and kids to come home too.

you my friend are the true meaning of rich

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It used to bother me that everyone used to say my parents buy me everything. Over the years I’ve found out who the trust fund kids here are. Makes me smile. I haven’t inherited anything as my parents are still alive. I’ve told them several times I don’t want their money I’d rather watch them enjoy it. My brother and I are both union carpenters and we’ll be fine. I’ll make sure of that. More than likely I’ll get the lake house and boat since we split that stuff. It wouldn’t bother me if they left the house in Phillips Ranch to my brother. I would actually prefer that over selling it. When big Grandma (wife’s grandma)dies I guess there’s a bunch of money left to my wife. Don’t really put too much thought into it. I’ve worked hard for what I have and don’t plan to stop anytime soon. My dad taught me what hard work is and that has done me well so far. My mother has shown me what unconditional love really means. And believe me I’ve tested that more than once.

Reactions: DLC

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
not what it means at all....clearly all you're trying to do is get a rise out of people and I'm not going to play keyboard commando with you and argue via a public forum...I will say however that asking about a family's financial status after a loss is about as low and classless as anyone can get...if you really need a rise in life that bad you should go to a bar and ask this question face to face with a few random strangers as you're doing here...might get a little more than you bargained for

I will also say that no matter the amount of an inheritance 0-a mil or more...I would be willing to say 99% of people would agree that one more day with that loved one would be far superior than any amount of money...just my thoughts
Every time I see my sister in law she says I can’t wait till granny kicks the bucket. Me... I’m with you I don’t want the money, I want the time. BUT there is some shallow people out there

Frankenmax

Reaction score
wanna sell it? post a pic of it..

Nope..
IMG_0514.JPG

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I once sent my grandmother a check for $10,000,000 dollars for her birthday. I told her she should wait to cash it.

She put it in a frame and had it on her dresser. Her friends thought that was a hoot.

My grandfather was born in 1898 and my grandmother in 1902. She survived the 1907 earthquake in San Francisco. The family lived on a sack of peanuts for almost a week until the fires were under control and they could get back into the city. During the depression they owned a gas station, so in spite of the hard times they did ok. She bought her first house in Palo Alto for $500 and a spotted cow. They later divorced. Grandpa owned a penny arcade in Capitola. He'd walk to work with a sack of change and a shotgun over his shoulder.

She did leave an old gas station to my sister and me. She had collected a couple thousand every month for the rent on it for many years. Shell had removed the station and the tanks so it was just an empty lot. But it was in downtown Los Altos.... It surely didn't make anybody rich. But the extra money made a nice down payment on our first house.

I learned to be cautious with money from her. To enjoy life, but to plan for the future. She taught me many life lessons. That knowledge makes you far richer than just a bit of money.

Last edited:

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score

Do yourself a favor and don't respond to him. He does this all day long. You'll thank yourself for letting it go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SoCalDave

Reaction score
My father passed in 1998 and my step mother in 1999. Each child (5 of us) got $210k each and we were shocked at that. They had the estate all set for their departure and I never knew my father to be so organized when it came to their passing. At that time the inheritance was taxed on anything over $690k so Uncle Sam took more than his far share.
Couple of stories I have is first my father was in a serious auto accident in 1976 and was forced to retire from his partnership in the family auto dealership, he was 42. Shortly after his retirement he invested $45k in Pepsi and Walmart stock and this we never knew. At the time of their passing those stocks were worth over $700k. :eek:
Also after their passing my siblings and I were at the house going through their belongings and my younger stepsister mentioned that our mom had mentioned to her that my father had some dirty money in his closet...he was a bookie and that is another story in itself. Anyway as I was going through his closet sure enough there was this gray metal box in the back corner that I proceeded to open, it contained $45k in cash. :eek:
We split it 5 ways and went back to our families without reporting it. It made for a very nice vacation for everyone. :D

milkmoney

Reaction score
I inherited my dad ! He lives with us and I get to see him everyday. He just turned 76 and got diagnosed with Dementia last year. I feel, at times, like I am the parent and he is the child but that is the disease and NOT my dad. I also got my strong work ethic, fabulous sense of humor and my incredible good looks from him....

All of that is priceless
Sounds like we have the same Dad , I feel ur thoughts on being the parent , although my dad doesn't live with me ...

What I try to do is have as much patients with my dad , which is,easy to do , cause my father has the best attitude I have ever seen in a person and I keep my memories alive and talk with him about them. [emoji106] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

milkmoney

Reaction score
So how much do you make a year?....Maybe I need to save that for another thread.;):D
Go ahead and ask, but u will get same answer. 0, so save the thread [emoji202]

milkmoney

Reaction score
There is one reason = grads [emoji202]

milkmoney

Reaction score
It used to bother me that everyone used to say my parents buy me everything. Over the years I’ve found out who the trust fund kids here are. Makes me smile. I haven’t inherited anything as my parents are still alive. I’ve told them several times I don’t want their money I’d rather watch them enjoy it. My brother and I are both union carpenters and we’ll be fine. I’ll make sure of that. More than likely I’ll get the lake house and boat since we split that stuff. It wouldn’t bother me if they left the house in Phillips Ranch to my brother. I would actually prefer that over selling it. When big Grandma (wife’s grandma)dies I guess there’s a bunch of money left to my wife. Don’t really put too much thought into it. I’ve worked hard for what I have and don’t plan to stop anytime soon. My dad taught me what hard work is and that has done me well so far. My mother has shown me what unconditional love really means. And believe me I’ve tested that more than once.
I am curious who the trust fund kids are here. [emoji6] [emoji202]

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I inherited their strong work ethic which has served me well.

But with that said I would give up every damn cent of any inherited money I received to get my parents back if they ever left me.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I find that hard to believe although I don't know you that well.

But you were from the 94010 so that means big bucks!!!;):D

I'd have to sit down and add it up.....Oh wait, exactly $0.00.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
"Where this a will,there are relatives." :)

Many years ago my Dad helped a friend with air fare to Chicago for the reading of a will & testament.My Dads friend had never met or had contact with this Uncle in Chicago.This friend inherited millions of $$$ that day.It was incredible to watch the lives of this family change,10 kids went to college.They handled good fortune well & built on it.

Another friend of mine worked for a commercial painting contractor for many years.He was about 60 years old when the contractor died suddenly,not good for his future at 60.Within several days,in fact the day of the funeral.The contractors family informed that my friend and 3 other long time employees were to receive 3 Million $$$ each,cash deposited to them immediately.

Last edited:

Sandlord

Reaction score
My wife almost got 100K.
But her grandfather must have changed the will a month before he died.
All the kids and grandkids got zip, and his caretaker got it all.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Interesting and intensely personal question.

Not much to date, a couple of rifles from my dads side, a 25 year gold watch from the steel mill my Grandad on my moms side worked at his whole life.

- but some day probably a bunch- land and money.

Interestingly step dad (big money) has numerous recipient children and step children - all written out of his will because they were douchebags to him.
I have a copy of the will in my safe- boy did those dipshits blow it.

Somehow - someway- at some point in time - I became " the good kid".

I hope my mom and stepdad spend it all before they go having fun and living life - I do not need their money or things.

UD

Last edited: