Stern - Top

AZ Fish and Game - Top

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 91 Times
    RIP - It's always sad to read about accidents like these.
    http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=555&dateline=13390005  90

Thanks
    Thanked 94 Times

Pic, sad irony......

From a friend. His pic from there on Fri.......
    He said it was going great.....

Thanks
    Thanked 264 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    RIP to our brothers lost.
    So, who's responsible for the wake is the question that first comes to mind?
    That's quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard!

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Thanks
    Thanked 578 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Motor Boater View Post
    That's quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard!

Thoughts and prayers to the family.
    Ohhhh K.

"If the thunder dont getchya then the lightning will"
    -Grateful Dead
    Laws-the only product being produced in our country anymore thanks to our politicians.

Thanks
    Thanked 578 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by IN AWE View Post
    Are you trying to say that the wake caused this? Not trying to be a dick , serious question.

Anyways, my heart and prayers go out to the family and friends.
    I'm not trying to say that. I'm only going by what has been reported:

According to reports from the Lake Cumberland Poker Run in Kentucky, "two participants died after an accident during the 12th annual poker run. While running a 40-foot Skater Powerboats catamaran with twin 1,700-hp engines from Smith Power, driver Jeff Asbell and throttleman Brad Smith reportedly crossed a wake at a high rate of speed, went airborne and stuffed a sponson after first landing on the boat's transom."

One of the first things that comes to my mind is roll bar boat wake. And according to Coast Guard law, the person who makes the wake is responsible for the wake's damage.
    Last edited by Wicky; 09-07-2013 at 04:14 PM.

-Grateful Dead
    Laws-the only product being produced in our country anymore thanks to our politicians.

Thanks
    Thanked 454 Times
    Very sorry too hear this RIP..

I'm surounded by assholes IN AWE's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 107 Times

One of the first things that comes to my mind is roll bar boat wake. And according to Coast Guard law, the person who makes the wake is responsible for the wake's damage.
    I see it differently, even as much as I hate wake board boats and love fast boats. I see the cause of this accident the "160 mph" and not the wake or roller or any other lake condition that might pop up. Especially, if this poker run was held on anything but a fully closed coarse (not sure how it works). I'm just saying that the wake did not cause any damage, but the speed did. To prove the point, if the boat was only traveling 30 mph, the wake still wouldn't have caused any damage. Maybe not be the right time or place to discuss this.

Once again, my prayers and thoughts are with the family and friends.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,660 Times
    I see it differently, even as much as I hate wake board boats and love fast boats. I see the cause of this accident the "160 mph" and not the wake or roller or any other lake condition that might pop up. Especially, if this poker run was held on anything but a fully closed coarse (not sure how it works). I'm just saying that the wake did not cause any damage, but the speed did. To prove the point, if the boat was only traveling 30 mph, the wake still wouldn't have caused any damage. Maybe not be the right time or place to discuss this.

You can't keep people off of public waters .not for a poker run. We had some very close calls in Jacksonville over the years. ..you can do your best to warn everyone that a run is going to happen but if they want to be there. They can. .RIP to the lost boaters today

sent from an undisclosed location

Thanks
    Thanked 578 Times

I'm just going by what was reported. Don't kill the messenger. I've seen enough rogue wakeboard boat waves that can do serious damage to any boat at any speed. From what I inferred, it was a wave that caused the wreck nothing else.

-Grateful Dead

I'm surounded by assholes IN AWE's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 107 Times
    I'm just going by what was reported. Don't kill the messenger. I've seen enough rogue wakeboard boat waves that can do serious damage to any boat at any speed. From what I inferred, it was a wave that caused the wreck nothing else.
    Not trying to kill anyone, we're cool. I guess as info comes in, we will find out if it was a ripple, roller, wake or wave.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast