OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Starting Sunday right!!
uploadfromtaptalk1410718525263.jpg

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Me and Pronstar, and a couple other RDP'rs are part of a Craft Beer Lovers group on Facebook. Lots of awesome recommendations from many beer lovers in So Cal, AZ, NV, TX and a couple other places.

A couple weeks ago we had a "Camp Stout Out" in Escondido which included a growler share Friday night and a bottle share Saturday night. Some amazing beers were there! During the weekend a couple of us hit up Belching Beaver, Rip Current and Lost Abby/Port. Another round of good beers!

We should set up a brewery tour with the RDP gang. Maybe Vista/San Marcos/Escondido or Anaheim/OC.

What do you guys think?

DURAMAXYFZ

Reaction score
I'm down. Or even a bottle share. There is a bunch of breweries in Anaheim, Fullerton, Placentia real close together (within 5 miles of each other)

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
School me on sour ales. My wife and I went to the OC Brew HaHa 2 weeks ago and I had my first taste of a sour ale. It was a raspberry sour ale from a brewery in Anaheim called Hopparazzi (sp?). I'm not ashamed to admit, but it was fricken awesome! Quite the change up to the usual IPA'S that i am addicted too.

DURAMAXYFZ

Reaction score
School me on sour ales. My wife and I went to the OC Brew HaHa 2 weeks ago and I had my first taste of a sour ale. It was a raspberry sour ale from a brewery in Anaheim called Hopparazzi (sp?). I'm not ashamed to admit, but it was fricken awesome! Quite the change up to the usual IPA'S that i am addicted too.

Sour's are the best... Great flavor and the pucker!!! Makes you enjoy every sip!! I was in love from my first sip:bowdown: And the Bruery makes great ones. my above post is a sour (Oude Tart).

RodnJen

Reaction score
I'm certainly in for a North OC swing. I got to taste a number of the local beers at the Bootleggers anniversary party at the Muckenthaler Center earlier this year, great time.

DURAMAXYFZ

Reaction score
Valiant, Noble, Bottle logic, The Bruery, Bootlegger's, Anaheim brewery, and Phantom ales all with in about 5 miles of each other

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
We should set up a brewery tour with the RDP gang. Maybe Vista/San Marcos/Escondido or Anaheim/OC.

What do you guys think?

I am down......lets plan it.

I'm down. Or even a bottle share. There is a bunch of breweries in Anaheim, Fullerton, Placentia real close together (within 5 miles of each other)

Even a better idea. I have 4 years of Firestone Anniversary's that I have been looking to tap into.......as well as some other things :D

Sours are my favorite. A good starter sour would be a Flemish Red or Flanders Red Ale. These can typically be found for a decent price. The only draw back to sours is that it becomes an expensive habit because some of the better sours out there (Bruery/Russian River) can be more than $25 / bottle and they are not big bottles either.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
New beer at College Street in Havasu..... Brother Dewery. Date night... Very good..stop by and have 1 or 5.

jet496

Reaction score
I love beer but had to give up alcohol so I drink the following which are great, all things considering.

1) Erdinger N/A
2) Bitburger N/A
3) Bucklers

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I'll be right there!!! HOLY CHIT!!!!:bowdown:
It was an amazing "Sour Fest 2014" but I am finding that I have an allergy to one or a couple of Bruery sours. By the time we got through the sixth bottle I was having a full blown allergy attack. I tried to recall the last time it happened and my buddy reminded me that the same thing happened to me when we were at The Bruery tasting room a few months back. Anyway, took a Claritin and a couple shots of whiskey and I was good to go.

What a great night!!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Lunch at Stone in Escondido today after taking kids to Bates Nut Farm pumpkin patch.

uploadfromtaptalk1413143494107.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1413143513838.jpg

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
A beer to add in to the mix.

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 64

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
If you knew about this and saw it, you would be ecstatic to pick it up. Best "Octoberfest".....hands down.
uploadfromtaptalk1413757948243.jpg

GO CHIEFS!!!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I've never seen that one but I'm a fan of Firestone beers. Is that an Oaked beer? I'll have to look for it.
Yeah. It is fantastic. Had it at the OC Brew HAHA a couple years back and it was one of the best beers there. Find it!!

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Oberon from Bells Brewery in Michigan is a solid every day beer.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413768835515.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413768835515.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 48
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413768845553.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413768845553.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 44
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413768965021.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413768965021.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 45

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Yeah. It is fantastic. Had it at the OC Brew HAHA a couple years back and it was one of the best beers there. Find it!!

I will look for it. There are a few places near me with a pretty good beer selection so hopefully I will track some down.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Got a growler of it this weekend.

It is solid. Not sure who made it. They seem to be releasing it a keg or so a little more frequently. They increased their production capacity and dropped the price of the Knuckle growler by $5.

HEY YOU

Reaction score
For you guys in the Placentia area, there's a liquor store on Orangethorpe Ave between the 57 and the Brewery that sells a lot of god beer.

RodnJen

Reaction score
For you guys in the Placentia area, there's a liquor store on Orangethorpe Ave between the 57 and the Brewery that sells a lot of god beer.

Between? I thought the Brewery backed up to the 57?

HEY YOU

Reaction score
Between? I thought the Brewery backed up to the 57?

Yes it does, but you take a small side street to get to it and on the corner of that side street is that liquor store, I will get the name of the store

RodnJen

Reaction score
Yes it does, but you take a small side street to get to it and on the corner of that side street is that liquor store, I will get the name of the store

Thanks, got it now.:thumbup:

Ryphraph

Reaction score

Is it Mr K's Liquor on Orangethorpe and Dunn?

Ryph

DURAMAXYFZ

Reaction score
Does anyone have the "Untapped" app? it lets you keep tract of the beer's you've had and what you thought of it. Also you can add friends and see what they are drinking and thinking of them.

Ryphraph

Reaction score
Does anyone have the "Untapped" app? it lets you keep tract of the beer's you've had and what you thought of it. Also you can add friends and see what they are drinking and thinking of them.

I just installed it so I can check it out... Username = Ryphraph

craiger88

Reaction score
Just had a Hangar 24 Local Fields Gourdgeous- a chocolate pumpkin porter. Different.
You smell the pumpkin and taste the chocolate.

RodnJen

Reaction score

I've used Pintly. I'll check it out.