Scott Wenhe - Top

Lucas Oil - Top

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 650 Times

Government Shutdown, So ridiculous it's hillarious

They have pulled the Docks at Mead, Shut down the roads through Red Rock canyon (no facilities just a loop road out of vegas, maybe 15 miles long, same with Valley Fire, just a road, nothing else, closed. I heard reports that they coned off all the vehicle pullouts along the grand canyon roads. And this pretty much backs that up, they have done the same at Mt Rushmore. I've been up this road 3 separate times, 2002, 2004, and 2008, there is a highway running along the mountain leading up to Rushmore that has massive pullouts/parking spots, this is outside of the toll gate meanwhile, it's just a massive shoulder to park and take photos from, they have coned it completely off in wake of the 'shut down', and have patrols there to write tickets to anyone who pulls off beyond the cones....

http://www.christophercantwell.com/2...one-the-roads/

This is what happens when you have a compulsory market, instead of trying to satisfy your customers more when you want more revenue, you punish them.
    Photo and story Courtesy of Kristie McNealy via Facebook,
    Courtesy of the government shutdown, this was our view today when we did a drive by of Mt. Rushmore with out of town guests.
    The rangers had every safe pull off and designated photo area along the road blocked with cones along the entire walkable length of the road that runs in front of Mt. Rushmore. Then, they sat in their vehicles, watching to make sure no one could manage to enjoy themselves while the government is ?shut down?.
    It?s bad enough that they shut the gates, but seriously, how much manpower did they invest in putting out all of these cones, and guarding them so no one could sneak a snapshot of the damn mountain? I swear, if they could have thrown a tarp over the whole thing, they would have.

This is your government at work.

This is so unbelievable i can't even fathom it, this is how the Government operates, this level of ludicrous, and there are still people who think that they are capable and responsible enough to police the world, and run healthcare, and manage the economy, while they run things like this..... The Republicans, as moronic as many of them are, have actually done a great service by accident, their shutdown has exposed the blatant idiocy of the system.....
    Attached Images  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Racey For This Useful Post:

BADAXE (10-03-2013), wsuwrhr (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 510 Times
    The Federal Government tried to shut down Mount Vernon...even though it has been privately owned and funded for over 150 years. LOL.

http://www.infowars.com/barrycades-g...-mount-vernon/

Barrycades: Feds Try to Shut Down Privately Owned Mount Vernon
    Posted By yihan On October 3, 2013 @ 6:10 am In Featured Stories,Tile,U.S. News | No Comments

?Deliberate effort by Obama to hurt the public?

Paul Joseph Watson
    Infowars.com
    October 3, 2013

The National Park Service erected barricades to shut down parking lots surrounding Mount Vernon despite the fact that the tourist destination is privately owned, another example of how the feds are deliberately worsening the government shut down.

Mount Vernon is the former plantation of George Washington and is owned by the Mount Vernon Ladies? Association, which doesn?t receive any government funding. The attraction?s official website reads, ?NO SHUTDOWN HERE ? The Federal government may be shut down, but Washington?s home remains open. Mount Vernon has remained a private non-profit for more than 150 years.?

However, a dispute began when the National Park Service began putting up barricades to block off the facility?s car park, blockading the entrance as well as a spot where tour buses turn around.

The parking lots are co-owned by Mount Vernon and the NPS, but require no immediate maintenance at all, meaning the decision to close them down was completely unnecessary.

The feds even blocked off a small area consisting of just three parking spaces.

After blogger Stephen Gutowski exposed the situation, Newt Gingrich got in on the act, tweeting, ?The tour bus turnaround at Mount Vernon has been closed by federal police. This is deliberate effort by Obama to hurt the public. Disgusting.?

Numerous other sites around DC have been unnecessarily closed by the NPS and other federal agencies in what critics are labeling a cynical political stunt which only serves to punish the American people.

In some cases, efforts to shut down these sites actually require more manpower and resources than if they had been left open, highlighting the fact that this is an act of partisan theater by the Obama administration to pin the blame for the government shutdown on Republicans and opponents of Obamacare.

- Numerous hiking and biking trails throughout the greater DC region, despite requiring zero immediate maintenance or patrols, have been closed down. Irate citizens are merely flouting the law and using them anyway.

- The NPS has stationed officers along the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal that runs 184 miles from Washington, D.C. to Cumberland, Maryland to make sure nobody uses the bike paths. It would have required less manpower to keep this trail open. The handles on all the well pumps have also been removed.

- The feds also shut down a tiny park in which children play on fake turtles, prompting angry mothers to remove the barriers, only to see them put back up. ?The park is extremely small and sort of seems pointless to block off,? reports the Daily Caller.

- Lincoln Park in DC, which is known to be used by several Democratic Senators, was not shut down, but numerous national parks across Montana were closed.

- The most widely reported case occurred at the World War II memorial in DC, where the NPS tried to prevent veterans from seeing the monument by erecting barriers and even threatening vets with arrest. The veterans stormed through the barricades anyway. ?People had to spend hours setting up barricades where there are never barricades to prevent people from seeing the World War II monument because they?re trying to play a charade,? Senator Rand Paul told Fox News.

Senior Republicans on the House Natural Resources Committee are considering opening up an investigation into where the Obama administration directly ordered the ?outrageous? closure of the memorial as part of a ploy to ?make the current lapse in appropriations as conspicuous and painful to the public as possible,? according to the letter from chairman Doc Hastings, R-Wash., and subcommittee chairman Rob Bishop, R-Utah.

Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/paul.j.watson.71
    FOLLOW Paul Joseph Watson @ https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet

Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a host for Infowars Nightly News.
    See Pictures and Like RogerThat Images on FB: http://www.RogerThatImages.com

My FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/rogerthat.ninenine

Thanks
    Thanked 589 Times
    Liberals throw a mean tantrum don't they?
    This new generation needs to open a can of man the f*ck up.

http://www.sealswcc.com/swcc-default.html

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 500bbc For This Useful Post:

wsuwrhr (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times
    Mr. Obama does not respect the Republicans and they do not respect him. They have both lowered themselves to personal attacks such as the one today by Mr. Obama in his speech calling out Boehner personally. I suspect it is going to be a long 3.25 years until the next Presidential election when the personalities and personal hate can have a shot at a reset.

Neither care about the country, they are all too small minded.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 530RL For This Useful Post:

Andy B. (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12 Times
    It looks like the fun police have arrived. If the government didnt close down all these sights people would realize that we dont need all the extra government employees to man the toll booths. I say rip them down anyways. What part of public land does the government not understand?
    1976 Spectra 18' 466 CI Ford Berkeley Jet
    Found On River Dead

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Quicksilver For This Useful Post:

Hammer (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 737 Times
    Those poor little libtards, the Republicans aren't playing fair. It's about time they gave them a taste of their own medicine.

Shut down the non essential fed employees permanently and do us tax payers a favor!

Look at these two dipshits, they wouldn't survive in the private sector.
    Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brown View Post
    I am not saying you are wrong or even that I suspect you are wrong

President, LBC Chapter pronstar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,183 Times
    So 800,000 "non-essential" government workers are furloughed.

My question is:
    Why the fuck do we have "non-essential" government workers in the first place?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pronstar For This Useful Post:

Andy B. (10-03-2013), clementeski (10-05-2013), LomitaBob (10-04-2013), Racey (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 461 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by pronstar View Post
    So 800,000 "non-essential" government workers are furloughed.

My question is:
    Why the fuck do we have "non-essential" government workers in the first place?
    It's "job creation"

?When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ?happy?. They told me I didn?t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn?t understand life.?
    -John Lennon

Thanks
    Thanked 650 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    It's "job creation"
    In a healthy economy a shutdown like this would not cause much economic hardship, if any at all. Business goes on a usual for the private sector. But our government has gotten itself so intertwined in the economy doing just that, in an attempt to hide the health, and inflate the GDP, that it does cause problems. Which it then uses as reasoning to have even more tight control to 'prevent this in the future', and it's a never ending cycle.

Point being, the economy is not healthy, it's a house of cards, the entire system is being held together by endless rollovers of debt, facilitated by QE and open ended credit lines to the major financial institutions.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Racey For This Useful Post:

Paul65k (10-03-2013), wsuwrhr (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 461 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Racey View Post
    In a healthy economy a shutdown like this would not cause much economic hardship, if any at all. Business goes on a usual for the private sector. But our government has gotten itself so intertwined in the economy doing just that, in an attempt to hide the health, and inflate the GDP, that it does cause problems. Which it then uses as reasoning to have even more tight control to 'prevent this in the future', and it's a never ending cycle.

Point being, the economy is not healthy, it's a house of cards, the entire system is being held together by endless rollovers of debt, facilitated by QE and open ended credit lines to the major financial institutions.
    Yep.

?When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ?happy?. They told me I didn?t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn?t understand life.?
    -John Lennon

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast