WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Government Shutdown, So ridiculous it's hillarious

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
They have pulled the Docks at Mead, Shut down the roads through Red Rock canyon (no facilities just a loop road out of vegas, maybe 15 miles long, same with Valley Fire, just a road, nothing else, closed. I heard reports that they coned off all the vehicle pullouts along the grand canyon roads. And this pretty much backs that up, they have done the same at Mt Rushmore. I've been up this road 3 separate times, 2002, 2004, and 2008, there is a highway running along the mountain leading up to Rushmore that has massive pullouts/parking spots, this is outside of the toll gate meanwhile, it's just a massive shoulder to park and take photos from, they have coned it completely off in wake of the 'shut down', and have patrols there to write tickets to anyone who pulls off beyond the cones....

http://www.christophercantwell.com/2013/10/03/but-who-will-cone-the-roads/
PNqiKiY.jpg

This is what happens when you have a compulsory market, instead of trying to satisfy your customers more when you want more revenue, you punish them.
Photo and story Courtesy of Kristie McNealy via Facebook,
Courtesy of the government shutdown, this was our view today when we did a drive by of Mt. Rushmore with out of town guests.
The rangers had every safe pull off and designated photo area along the road blocked with cones along the entire walkable length of the road that runs in front of Mt. Rushmore. Then, they sat in their vehicles, watching to make sure no one could manage to enjoy themselves while the government is ?shut down?.
It?s bad enough that they shut the gates, but seriously, how much manpower did they invest in putting out all of these cones, and guarding them so no one could sneak a snapshot of the damn mountain? I swear, if they could have thrown a tarp over the whole thing, they would have.

This is your government at work.

This is so unbelievable i can't even fathom it, this is how the Government operates, this level of ludicrous, and there are still people who think that they are capable and responsible enough to police the world, and run healthcare, and manage the economy, while they run things like this..... The Republicans, as moronic as many of them are, have actually done a great service by accident, their shutdown has exposed the blatant idiocy of the system.....

Attachments

• PNqiKiY.jpg
    PNqiKiY.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 51

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
The Federal Government tried to shut down Mount Vernon...even though it has been privately owned and funded for over 150 years. LOL.

http://www.infowars.com/barrycades-government-tries-to-shut-down-privately-owned-mount-vernon/

Barrycades: Feds Try to Shut Down Privately Owned Mount Vernon
Posted By yihan On October 3, 2013 @ 6:10 am In Featured Stories,Tile,U.S. News | No Comments

?Deliberate effort by Obama to hurt the public?

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
October 3, 2013

The National Park Service erected barricades to shut down parking lots surrounding Mount Vernon despite the fact that the tourist destination is privately owned, another example of how the feds are deliberately worsening the government shut down.

Mount Vernon is the former plantation of George Washington and is owned by the Mount Vernon Ladies? Association, which doesn?t receive any government funding. The attraction?s official website reads, ?NO SHUTDOWN HERE ? The Federal government may be shut down, but Washington?s home remains open. Mount Vernon has remained a private non-profit for more than 150 years.?

However, a dispute began when the National Park Service began putting up barricades to block off the facility?s car park, blockading the entrance as well as a spot where tour buses turn around.

The parking lots are co-owned by Mount Vernon and the NPS, but require no immediate maintenance at all, meaning the decision to close them down was completely unnecessary.

The feds even blocked off a small area consisting of just three parking spaces.

After blogger Stephen Gutowski exposed the situation, Newt Gingrich got in on the act, tweeting, ?The tour bus turnaround at Mount Vernon has been closed by federal police. This is deliberate effort by Obama to hurt the public. Disgusting.?

Numerous other sites around DC have been unnecessarily closed by the NPS and other federal agencies in what critics are labeling a cynical political stunt which only serves to punish the American people.

In some cases, efforts to shut down these sites actually require more manpower and resources than if they had been left open, highlighting the fact that this is an act of partisan theater by the Obama administration to pin the blame for the government shutdown on Republicans and opponents of Obamacare.

- Numerous hiking and biking trails throughout the greater DC region, despite requiring zero immediate maintenance or patrols, have been closed down. Irate citizens are merely flouting the law and using them anyway.

- The NPS has stationed officers along the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal that runs 184 miles from Washington, D.C. to Cumberland, Maryland to make sure nobody uses the bike paths. It would have required less manpower to keep this trail open. The handles on all the well pumps have also been removed.

- The feds also shut down a tiny park in which children play on fake turtles, prompting angry mothers to remove the barriers, only to see them put back up. ?The park is extremely small and sort of seems pointless to block off,? reports the Daily Caller.

- Lincoln Park in DC, which is known to be used by several Democratic Senators, was not shut down, but numerous national parks across Montana were closed.

- The most widely reported case occurred at the World War II memorial in DC, where the NPS tried to prevent veterans from seeing the monument by erecting barriers and even threatening vets with arrest. The veterans stormed through the barricades anyway. ?People had to spend hours setting up barricades where there are never barricades to prevent people from seeing the World War II monument because they?re trying to play a charade,? Senator Rand Paul told Fox News.

Senior Republicans on the House Natural Resources Committee are considering opening up an investigation into where the Obama administration directly ordered the ?outrageous? closure of the memorial as part of a ploy to ?make the current lapse in appropriations as conspicuous and painful to the public as possible,? according to the letter from chairman Doc Hastings, R-Wash., and subcommittee chairman Rob Bishop, R-Utah.

Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/paul.j.watson.71
FOLLOW Paul Joseph Watson @ https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet

Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a host for Infowars Nightly News.

500bbc

Reaction score
Liberals throw a mean tantrum don't they?:rotflmao:

530RL

Reaction score
Mr. Obama does not respect the Republicans and they do not respect him. They have both lowered themselves to personal attacks such as the one today by Mr. Obama in his speech calling out Boehner personally. I suspect it is going to be a long 3.25 years until the next Presidential election when the personalities and personal hate can have a shot at a reset.

Neither care about the country, they are all too small minded.

Quicksilver

Reaction score
It looks like the fun police have arrived. If the government didnt close down all these sights people would realize that we dont need all the extra government employees to man the toll booths. I say rip them down anyways. What part of public land does the government not understand?

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Those poor little libtards, the Republicans aren't playing fair. It's about time they gave them a taste of their own medicine.

Shut down the non essential fed employees permanently and do us tax payers a favor!

Look at these two dipshits, they wouldn't survive in the private sector.

Attachments

• Reid Pelosi dopes.jpg
    Reid Pelosi dopes.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 58

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
So 800,000 "non-essential" government workers are furloughed.

My question is:
Why the fuck do we have "non-essential" government workers in the first place?

It's "job creation";)

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
It's "job creation";)

In a healthy economy a shutdown like this would not cause much economic hardship, if any at all. Business goes on a usual for the private sector. But our government has gotten itself so intertwined in the economy doing just that, in an attempt to hide the health, and inflate the GDP, that it does cause problems. Which it then uses as reasoning to have even more tight control to 'prevent this in the future', and it's a never ending cycle.

Point being, the economy is not healthy, it's a house of cards, the entire system is being held together by endless rollovers of debt, facilitated by QE and open ended credit lines to the major financial institutions.

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
In a healthy economy a shutdown like this would not cause much economic hardship, if any at all. Business goes on a usual for the private sector. But our government has gotten itself so intertwined in the economy doing just that, in an attempt to hide the health, and inflate the GDP, that it does cause problems. Which it then uses as reasoning to have even more tight control to 'prevent this in the future', and it's a never ending cycle.

Point being, the economy is not healthy, it's a house of cards, the entire system is being held together by endless rollovers of debt, facilitated by QE and open ended credit lines to the major financial institutions.

Yep.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Since the blockaded roads leading to Rushmore are State owned, the Gov had the cones removed is what Ted Cruz said today.

If O can be tied to these idiotic publicity stunts called shutdowns, maybe more can see how childish he is and how he cares little for the "people". Shutting down the WWII Vets memorial is just mean, disrespectful, uncalled for, and to top it off more money is spent on more guards than the employees who actually worked there.

O's way in this debacle is the Alinsky way once again, as he shows he's truly a community organizer rather than an actual caring political leader.....Wake up blind America, he's showing his true self every day.

WTRR

Not On The Boat
Reaction score
My river house sits across the creek from 15,000 acres of federal refuge land. On the road coming in there is a trail that goes through the woods for a half mile to a viewing overlook over the river. They had a sign at the entrance to the parking area that stated that the refuge was closed to all visitors and trespassers would be fined. No facilities there at all, just a path through the woods. This is the biggest crock of shit I've ever seen. I'm going hunting tomorrow morning over on the refuge. Fuck those idiots.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
So on the local news (Phoenix) this morning................State of AZ offers to pay for the cost to reopen Grand Canyon and are denied by the Feds......apparently this is more about a political agenda (you can pick which one you like) than taking care of the folks.

I suggest that as we go forward we should think seriously about giving the G'ment more and more control of our life :grumble:

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
So on the local news (Phoenix) this morning................State of AZ offers to pay for the cost to reopen Grand Canyon and are denied by the Feds......apparently this is more about a political agenda (you can pick which one you like) than taking care of the folks.

I suggest that as we go forward we should think seriously about giving the G'ment more and more control of our life :grumble:

Let's start with healthcare. They'll surely fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
My river house sits across the creek from 15,000 acres of federal refuge land. On the road coming in there is a trail that goes through the woods for a half mile to a viewing overlook over the river. They had a sign at the entrance to the parking area that stated that the refuge was closed to all visitors and trespassers would be fined. No facilities there at all, just a path through the woods. This is the biggest crock of shit I've ever seen. I'm going hunting tomorrow morning over on the refuge. Fuck those idiots.

Lol, saw this picture yesterday on Adam Kokesh's feed

23Qge3b.jpg

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
It is beyond my comprehension that intelligent people can point to how a park is administered, call it incompetent, and draw a direct line to how health care is administered. It's OK for the government to have the largest army in the world and nuclear weapons but it's not OK for them to administer or even regulate an insurance plan?

A couple of the less intelligent in here think I'm here to campaign for Barack Obama and the Democrats. They are incapable of realizing I'm here to point out things such as only a partisan hack could point to Mount Rushmore and draw a direct conclusion with regard to health care.

My wife works in a hospital. Do you think hospitals are full of the most intelligent people? Let me assure you, they have their share of people who possess modest intellect. These people, in the majority of cases, are capable of doing their jobs. That's all that is required of a parking lot attendant; he doesn't have to be able to perform surgery or administer anyone's health insurance.

If you don't want government run or regulated insurance, that's one thing. If you point to the fact that Yogi Bear is incapable of performing brain surgery as evidence to your argument, that is something different again.

Look at these two dipshits, they wouldn't survive in the private sector.

Have you ever worked in the private sector? I'll bet each of these two people are at least middle of the pack, when it comes to general administrative competency on the corporate level.

Personally, I think Harry Reid is out of his depth in the Senate and wish the Democrats would put someone sharper in the Senate leadership position. I think the same of McConnell. Watching Reid and McConnell on the news makes it difficult to have any hope for the future of your country.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Have you ever worked in the private sector? I'll bet each of these two people are at least middle of the pack, when it comes to general administrative competency on the corporate level.

Personally, I think Harry Reid is out of his depth in the Senate and wish the Democrats would put someone sharper in the Senate leadership position. I think the same of McConnell. Watching Reid and McConnell on the news makes it difficult to have any hope for the future of your country.

Yes Tom, that's where I make my money and by George, I couldn't agree more with your assessment of Reid and McConnell, except for the fact that Reid would be middle of the pack. I'm thinking cubicle whipping boy.

My hope is, America wakes up and throws out a ton of these politicians in 2014, including Repubicans!

You left out Pelosi? :yikes

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
You left out Pelosi? :yikes

Pelosi would be toward the top of the pack in the private sector.

She is somewhat competent, strong intellect, and she is a strong alpha. Look at management of almost any company. It's the most aggressive people, not the best people for the job.

McConnell would do better than Reid in private sector, for exactly the same reason. He is more aggressive.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

She is somewhat competent, strong intellect, and she is a strong alpha. Look at management of almost any company. It's the most aggressive people, not the best people for the job.

McConnell would do better than Reid in private sector, for exactly the same reason. He is more aggressive.

Yea, you're probably right about her, especially the strong alpha DOG! :D

In all seriousness, she would be much more successful than Reid IMO, since she's such a my way or the highway bitch. Nothing wrong with that, unless you work for her.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
In all seriousness, she would be much more successful than Reid IMO, since she's such a my way or the highway bitch.

Agreed.

Nothing wrong with that, unless you work for her.

I'm not with you there. You can get to the top without objectivity or the ability to compromise but you cannot be successful without being able to adapt.

500bbc

Reaction score

Current in a long list of Pelosi family crooked politicians in California, not elected on talent, accomplishments or intelligence.

The only thing she'd be in the private sector is wife to a crime boss, nothing but a puppet.

Old Texan

Reaction score
The irrelevance of Brown's posts are reaching new depths.......Learn to follow along Brownie and maybe you can fit in better.

If you keep posting everyone else is stupid and those making the posts are clearly understood by obviously intelligent posters with real life experience, backed by success in chosen professions and business, it just could be that you're the dumbass. Especially with the analogies you throw out. Blabbing about forest service vs healthcare oversight by citing a surgeon vs a parking lot attendant....Yeah howdy, you've got the insight we all seek to better understand the world through the asshole of a Canadian pervert.:yikes

Hey Tom, ever consider that parking lot attendant might be a medical student earning some rent money who could turn out to be the world's foremost heart surgeon?:rolleyes

Old Texan

Reaction score
Current in a long list of Pelosi family crooked politicians in California, not elected on talent, accomplishments or intelligence.

The only thing she'd be in the private sector is wife to a crime boss, nothing but a puppet.

Pelosi marring into money.....Kinda like Tom marrying into intelligence hoping some would rub off :eek:skull

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score

This is the type of post that completely devalues everything you write. Pelosi would do well in the corporate world. I've worked in companies that have lots of people who are just as ruthless and no more competent than she is.

Working in the private sector is not a merit badge of success. The idea that private business people are good and anyone in government, or in your case... the Democratic party, are bad, is uncut prejudice. There are excellent people and not such good people in all vocations. The ratios of nitwits seems a bit higher in government but there is no shortage of nitwits in the business world.

500bbc

Reaction score
This is the type of post that completely devalues everything you write. Pelosi would do well in the corporate world. I've worked in companies that have lots of people who are just as ruthless and no more competent than she is.

Working in the private sector is not a merit badge of success. The idea that private business people are good and anyone in government, or in your case... the Democratic party, are bad, is uncut prejudice. There are excellent people and not such good people in all vocations. The ratios of nitwits seems a bit higher in government but there is no shortage of nitwits in the business world.

This why your posts have zero value above rotting tripe.

You know jack shit about nancy pelosi, you've never met her, sat in a meeting with her, watched her work. ZERO knowledge of her as a person or politician other than the occasional sound bite.

Research her family, crooks.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
This why your posts have zero value above rotting tripe.

You know jack shit about nancy pelosi, you've never met her, sat in a meeting with her, watched her work. ZERO knowledge of her as a person or politician other than the occasional sound bite.

Research her family, crooks.

OK. Why don't you share with us your experience with Nancy? I'd love to hear about you meeting with her, watching her work, etc.

Direct information is always appreciated. :thumbsup

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
This is the same argument brown vomited on when I spoke of meeting the Palins, and my face to face conversations with both Todd and Sarah.
Guess it only applies when the irrelevant Canadian lords that it should.

Fucking hypocrite with a thesaurus is all I see him as now.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Fucking hypocrite with a thesaurus is all I see him as now.

I would consider it a favor if you would let me know when you plan to shoot me so I can make the proper arrangements.

Thanks.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I would consider it a favor if you would let me know when you plan to shoot me so I can make the proper arrangements.

Thanks.

In the words of Ice T "My lethal weapons' my mind".

It obvious that I did shoot you through the heart, and dashed your demented homosexual fantasy about my colon.

The mistake you made was thinking that I am a friendly tenant just because I have taken up residence in your head.
No one pisses you off like I do.
And the only argument you ever forward is that I am less than intelligent.
The hell that it creates in your sick egotistical existence is unfathomable.

Frankly, I would never wish your demise because I would truly miss torturing you.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Agreed.

I'm not with you there. You can get to the top without objectivity or the ability to compromise but you cannot be successful without being able to adapt.

If her way was the right way, for what ever industry she was in, then she would be successful. I personally don't think that's always the best approach and I agree with you that you should be able to adapt, if you want the most out of your business.

I've always adhered to one key philosophy in my career as a business owner. I'm smart enough to hire people who are smarter than me. Compensate them and treat them with respect!

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
If her way was the right way, for what ever industry she was in, then she would be successful. I personally don't think that's always the best approach and I agree with you that you should be able to adapt, if you want the most out of your business.

All I'm saying is that she is reasonably smart, aggressive, and ignorant. That is a recipe for success in the corporate world, in terms of the position she could achieve in a company. That's not a recipe for success in terms of corporate performance so as companies become top heavy with these people, things start going badly. That's when they start laying off the operational staff.

Old Texan

Reaction score
All I'm saying is that she is reasonably smart, aggressive, and ignorant. That is a recipe for success in the corporate world, in terms of the position she could achieve in a company. That's not a recipe for success in terms of corporate performance so as companies become top heavy with these people, things start going badly. That's when they start laying off the operational staff.

If you know so damned much about what it takes to be successful in the corporate world, why are you doing what you do, wasting all that talent? You should be raking in the dough teaching business to the struggling masses who'd achieve instant success on the Big Brown Plan.....:rolleyes

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

Smart-:rolleyes
Anyone who calls Obama brilliant is either an idiot or a traitor! He's brilliant, if his intention is to destroy the country and middle class. He's doing a hell of a job at that. :thumbsdown

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
It is beyond my comprehension that intelligent people can point to how a park is administered, call it incompetent, and draw a direct line to how health care is administered. It's OK for the government to have the largest army in the world and nuclear weapons but it's not OK for them to administer or even regulate an insurance plan?

I don't trust them very much running either of those policies as well after seeing the consequences they have created over the last 50 years, completely leaving alone how the run domestic programs...

A couple of the less intelligent in here think I'm here to campaign for Barack Obama and the Democrats. They are incapable of realizing I'm here to point out things such as only a partisan hack could point to Mount Rushmore and draw a direct conclusion with regard to health care.

My wife works in a hospital. Do you think hospitals are full of the most intelligent people? Let me assure you, they have their share of people who possess modest intellect. These people, in the majority of cases, are capable of doing their jobs. That's all that is required of a parking lot attendant; he doesn't have to be able to perform surgery or administer anyone's health insurance.

If you don't want government run or regulated insurance, that's one thing. If you point to the fact that Yogi Bear is incapable of performing brain surgery as evidence to your argument, that is something different again.

Really Tom, you can't see the parallel there.... let me ask you a question, let's say we had a single payer system, and got into this exact same problem, running out of budget allocation to pay for services.... If the system is so incredibly absurd that it will cone off parking lots with absolutely zero logical justification i don't want them in charge of my life or death in regard to healthcare. If you can't see the idiocy in their actions all across the country then I'm sorry, there really is no point even trying to have a conversation if your point is "It's just a few hundred parks, it's not the end of the world", You have completely missed the point. It's reckless, punitive action.

When a private business runs irresponsibly and fails, the voluntary investors, and the people in the company bear the burden. When the government is irresponsible and fails at it's job they use their monopoly on violence to simply fleece the public for more capital. See the difference?

[/QUOTE]

Both of them disgust me as well.

When the IRS was formed, the top marginal income tax rate was 7% for the wealthiest earners, no body bitched because it was a small amount of money. Now it's closer to 40%, little by little.

When the CIA/NSA were formed, they presented as a necessity to gather information on foreign affairs that could be threatening to America and it's Allies, explicitly to work and fuocus outside the borders of the country. Now they have been spying on every American's phone, email and other electronic communications, purchases, etc.

When the BLM was formed it was meant to protect public land, keeping it all open and available for public use of grazing, hunting, fishing, and recreation, etc., "securing the land under public ownership" or something to that effect. Today it has closed the vast majority of land from public use and has funneled everyone into small "land use areas" which keep shrinking by the year, and coming with more and more restrictions on their use.

There are hundreds of examples of things like this throughout our governments history, excuse all of us for being the least bit skeptical when the government comes further into healthcare, and claims it is going to be for our greater good...

Those who fail to understand history are doomed to repeat it.

530RL

Reaction score

Are you referring to the Army that pays $35,000 for a toilet, and $9,000 for a hammer. Or maybe the army that has spent 80 billion on 179 F22's that can not beat in a war game a 25 year old F18 or F16? That Army?

But putting that aside, let me ask you Mr. Brown a simple question regarding this government you speak so highly of,

How is it that the Federal Government cannot afford to keep unstaffed, open air monuments open, but can afford to erect barriers and post guards at these unstaffed open air monuments? :headscratch:

WTRR

Not On The Boat
Reaction score
I'm fine with this so called shutdown. I hope it lasts for weeks. Maybe then some of the American public will open their eyes and figure out that maybe we don't need a grossly bloated government that can furlough 800,000 non essiential workers. I work in the highly competative overnight package business. 262 wide body aircraft and over 150,000 vehicles on the road worldwide. Economic slowdown and rising fuel prices over the last 5 years has caused us to run very lean in order to stay competarive. Nobody has been laid off but the people that have left have not been replaced. It's called doing more with less...staying competative. The government doesn't have to stay competative. When times get hard they keep on creating government jobs and positions. It's time for the government to do more with less. This is a great time to start.

As for defaulting on our debt payment...that ain't gonna happen. Uncle Sam is bringing in tax money every day. This is just a media driven hysteria show being run from the WH....

500bbc

Reaction score
OK. Why don't you share with us your experience with Nancy? I'd love to hear about you meeting with her, watching her work, etc.
Direct information is always appreciated. :thumbsup

You're the one drooling over her high intellect and management skills, you find the true information instead of your odd fantasy for manly women.:p

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
If you know so damned much about what it takes to be successful in the corporate world, why are you doing what you do, wasting all that talent? You should be raking in the dough teaching business to the struggling masses who'd achieve instant success on the Big Brown Plan.....:rolleyes

Moronic sarcasm aside, I'm doing OK in the small business space. In the corporate space, I remain at the top of the operational level. That is by choice. Small business and corporate are two different animals.

I'm doing OK. I wouldn't voluntarily swap financial positions with any of you. I'm fighting my battles, winning most of them, and achieving enough success to believe I'm on the correct path.

I'm not going to compare net worth with you over the Internet Texi, but let's just say I'm skeptical that you are in a position to throw down on me on this topic. :)

Smart-:rolleyes
Anyone who calls Obama brilliant is either an idiot or a traitor! He's brilliant, if his intention is to destroy the country and middle class. He's doing a hell of a job at that. :thumbsdown

Obama is brilliant. He has a high level of intellect.

It needs to be pointed out that assuming someone is not brilliant because they do not share your political philosophy is not a particularly strong indication of intellect.

Last edited:

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Are you referring to the Army that pays $35,000 for a toilet, and $9,000 for a hammer. Or maybe the army that has spent 80 billion on 179 F22's that can not beat in a war game a 25 year old F18 or F16? That Army?

But putting that aside, let me ask you Mr. Brown a simple question regarding this government you speak so highly of,

How is it that the Federal Government cannot afford to keep unstaffed, open air monuments open, but can afford to erect barriers and post guards at these unstaffed open air monuments? :headscratch:

It was stupid to tell me I speak highly of your government. Do you read my posts?

At this point, I question whether you are capable of having a conversation. If you were capable, I'd point out your medical system has charged $18,000 x-rays (which my Canadian system pays $71 for, by the way).

Look... it doesn't take a lot of intellect to understand that government is not one person. Government is a huge group of people. Some of them do a better job. Some of them are worse. Some departments are run better. Some worse.

The occasional department goes off on a tangent. These departments need to be reviewed and cleaned up occasionally. It is exactly like the private sector world. Anyone who feels all private sector departments operate efficiently and ethically either has not worked in the private sector or is not objective in their assessment. They vary.

Corporations are excellent at telling people they are excellent. Beyond that, their skills vary like every other organized group of people.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I'm fine with this so called shutdown. I hope it lasts for weeks. Maybe then some of the American public will open their eyes and figure out that maybe we don't need a grossly bloated government that can furlough 800,000 non essiential workers. I work in the highly competative overnight package business. 262 wide body aircraft and over 150,000 vehicles on the road worldwide. Economic slowdown and rising fuel prices over the last 5 years has caused us to run very lean in order to stay competarive. Nobody has been laid off but the people that have left have not been replaced. It's called doing more with less...staying competative. The government doesn't have to stay competative. When times get hard they keep on creating government jobs and positions. It's time for the government to do more with less. This is a great time to start.

As for defaulting on our debt payment...that ain't gonna happen. Uncle Sam is bringing in tax money every day. This is just a media driven hysteria show being run from the WH....

I was just explaining this point to my wife this morning, the govment' doesn't earn a dime, never has. It is what they get or steal from ALL of us, that pay's their highly inflated paychecks. I know it would put many out of work including some family and friends but sooner or later it has to stop and it might as well be now. Govment' is full of extra baggage and now would be a good time to get rid of some of it.

500bbc

Reaction score

QUOTE]

What were his grades at Haaaaavud and Occidental?

I've know some absolutely amazing con men in my life, real life unbelievable con men. Amazing to watch them work someone.

Very bright in their own way but absolutely idiots in their end results.

You worship the Bernie Madoff of presidents.

500bbc

Reaction score
If the government is shut down why are they still collecting taxes and where do they go, other than nancy pelosi's brother in law?:p

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
Economic slowdown and rising fuel prices over the last 5 years has caused us to run very lean in order to stay competarive. Nobody has been laid off but the people that have left have not been replaced. It's called doing more with less...staying competative.

I worked for 6 yrs as a Mgr. in a manufacturing facility.
The biggest part of my job was introducing "Lean Manufacturing", and constantly reducing "head count".
Bringing in new equipment, conveyors, etc...

It was always "sold" as employees would be retrained to perform different duties.
BS.
It was about increasing efficiency, and reducing the number of employees.

Our Gov't could take a lesson.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The occasional department goes off on a tangent. These departments need to be reviewed and cleaned up occasionally. It is exactly like the private sector world. Anyone who feels all private sector departments operate efficiently and ethically either has not worked in the private sector or is not objective in their assessment.

Corporations are excellent at telling people they are excellent. Beyond that, their skills vary like every other organized group of people.

You are outside of your mind.
That is likely the stupidest thing ever posted in this forum, no easy feat.

Remind me, which U.S. Federal Government Department did you work in to obtain these observations and verdicts?
Or is it just typical Brown hot air based on theory and opinion?

(I can tell you I have worked for both...extensively...and any idea that they operate even remotely under any umbrella of similarity is 100% insane, and demonstrative of a person of feeble mind, or zero knowledge, or both.)

Last edited:

Old Texan

Reaction score
Moronic sarcasm aside, I'm doing OK in the small business space. In the corporate space, I remain at the top of the operational level. That is by choice. Small business and corporate are two different animals.

I'm doing OK. I wouldn't voluntarily swap financial positions with any of you. I'm fighting my battles, winning most of them, and achieving enough success to believe I'm on the correct path.

I'm not going to compare net worth with you over the Internet Texi, but let's just say I'm skeptical that you are in a position to throw down on me on this topic. :)

It needs to be pointed out that assuming someone is not brilliant because they do not share your political philosophy is not a particularly strong indication of intellect.

Couple things here Brownie.....I ain't throwing down or even care to throw down on anyone over net worth. Silliness and at the end of the day who really cares or gives a shit. We're all doing well from what can be discerned from the posts. But you take the statement out of context when you reply as you have once again to your personal situation. My post and those of others are directed at your endless penchant for condemning the intelligence and competency of those with whom you disagree. And you also practice hypocrisy when you further condemn other s for doing precisely what you do on a regular basis.

This thread alone is proof positive that you ain't got a flyin' fuckin' clue about what is being posted by others or what you are blabbing about in your retorts.

You're either just a complete shit stirring knucklehead or an egotistical idiot it seems. Some even conclude you're both.

Now as far as Obama being brilliant, sure he is....So were dozens of other self serving narcissists throughout history that managed to gain the stature this buffoon has acquired. He sold himself, and/or some group sold him, as something completely different than what he actually is. God knows we've hashed over what both sides think him to be. It's just the "right" side has seen through him from the beginning and the disaster he's created with flawed legislation and his constant push for his flawed personal philosophy becoming part of our governmental philosophy are more evident and more telling by the day.

His using the parks and memorials to try and gain political advantage is childish, mean, and far below the stature of a true leader. But then from the attitude shown in some of your personal posts, you may just admire him for punishing those he can just because he can. The man proves over and over he has no ability whatsoever to handle the power the office allows him. And he insults every man and woman and child in this nation when he abuses that power.