WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

24 day cruiser

Parkrbound

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im really interested in the 24 day cruiser. On the campbell website there are only a few pictures to look at of this specific hull. Any information about this style hull would be great. It looks like they are identical to cuddy cabin except the helm/dash area is pushed forward and no windows cut into them. I would also like to hear about how the area below the deck is arranged. If anyone has pics id really like to see them. Thank you!

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im really interested in the 24 day cruiser. On the campbell website there are only a few pictures to look at of this specific hull. Any information about this style hull would be great. It looks like they are identical to cuddy cabin except the helm/dash area is pushed forward and no windows cut into them. I would also like to hear about how the area below the deck is arranged. If anyone has pics id really like to see them. Thank you!

To the best of my knowledge, only one 24' DayCruiser exists. Can't remember Morris' last name, he's in the San Diego area. Nice cruiser! There's another 24' runabout (no raised DC deck) that is wood trimmed around the coaming and dash. Was a Dan Blocker boat at one time. Currently resides in Idaho, most recent owner before that was Dave Kahn who's screen name is KahnJob both here and at PB.

If you're looking to buy one, this is gonna be one wild goose chase..

CC

Parkrbound

Reaction score
Well on the website there is a blue one with pictures takin at pirates cove and there is also a red one. Ya im just looking around right now. Might be moving on something here in the near future.

Moviemoney

Reaction score
Morris Williams , that's who I bought mine from

Parkrbound

Reaction score
Hey movie money, do you know if he still has a day cruiser?

Parkrbound

Reaction score
image.jpg

Any one seen this boat in person

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
The red one that you refer to.....Missy? Maybe technical but I'd call that a runabout as it has no raised deck making it a 'Day Cruiser'. Thats the one that Dave Kahn most recently owned and now resides in Idaho.

Parkrbound

Reaction score
Ya Carl, the red day cruiser I am referring to is called scarlet begonia. It's on the campbell boat owner website in the 24' section. There Is also another red d.c. Called "the minor detail". I love the cuddy cabins (have one) but really like the d.c. because they are so rare. As far "missy" there was one other boat made identical to her with the cut down deck.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Parkerbound

The hull you like is very rare and there are only a few of them floating around (I heard maybe 5 ??). Minor Detail (or what was left of her) was bought from the Huston"s in Havasu by a guy who is doing a complete restore. I was just thinking about that boat the other day and I will see if I can get some update on her. I love that style of hull too, but my timing was off and I just missed a shot at one:(:(

The hull CC is talking about is even rarer and maybe only 3 exist ??? I know where the "sister" to Missy is and will someday get redone ???

The guy who owns Scarlet Begonia I think is on the PB forum but last I checked had not posted up in a long time ??? Maybe you can find more over there?? Another source (if you facebook??) is the Campbell Owners Facebook page. I think that is where I met the daughter of the guy who bought Minor Detail ????

Rickybobby

Reaction score
PB
I went looking for info on Minor Detail today and realized I had that boat confused with a 24ft Cuddy Cabin (named Habnero)that was in Iowa or Michigan or some crazy bfe place like that. I seriously considered making a bid on it, I think I even called the number to inquire about it, but then I thought it was way crazy to buy a boat way way out of state and have it transported back here to restore it..... Turns out I wasnt the only one who was crazy, because a socal dude did exactly what I was thinking and is in the process of rebuilding it.

I might have some connections who know whats going on with the Minor Detail boat, if your still interested. Did you score one of those DC hulls ????

lets see some pics if you did !!!!!
rb

Parkrbound

Reaction score
No I haven't. The last month has been super busy with work. Always looking though.

spectra bash

Reaction score
There is a 24' super cruiser campbell for sale on vegas craigslist. No windows.

Parkrbound

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind looking at this in person. Anyone knw this boat? Good find, thanks for the heads up.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
PB
Maybe PM Strange Brew to see if he knows the PO. I looked at it quickly in September (it was sitting on the corner at one of those car/boat lots in town). Not sure if its a consignment deal or what??? It looked nice enough but is still for sale ???? Not sure on any history, but if anyone knows it would be SB or maybe one of the guys over on the CB owners website ????

Assuming we are talking about the orange and white boat in Havasu listed in the Las Vegas Craiglist ???? There is another boat in Big Bear that might be a nice project but looks rough ????? hard to tell from just internet pics........

BWT

Reaction score
The red one that you refer to.....Missy? Maybe technical but I'd call that a runabout as it has no raised deck making it a 'Day Cruiser'. Thats the one that Dave Kahn most recently owned and now resides in Idaho.

Does anyone know of a 24 runabout that is for sale?

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a 24 runabout that is for sale?

There is a 24' Daycruiser sitting along side the building of Mojave Power Sports in Searchlight, NV. From the looks of it, it's been there awhile, however I don't know if it's for sale or not, but you could always call and ask.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
BWT
The hull you are looking for (as far as I know) is the rarest of the rare Campbell hulls (maybe along the number of the tunnel hulls they built??) I know of only 3. The one David Kahn restored. I heard it went to a big car dealer guy in Idaho. He might be interested in selling for the right price. I know where a project boat is that is the sister hull to "missy" but it would be a complete restore. And I have seen one other "runabout" hull somewhere on craiglist a few years back, again a total restore would be needed.

You could always find a good dc hull and cut it up to make it the way you want (did I say that out loud ???) :eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

Other possibilities, the original molds still exists in Havasu and D'cucci laid up the last two (www.dcucciboats.net), both of which came out super bitchin (a 20ft whaler and a 24ft whaler). The owner of the 24ft thought he could build a new boat for less than a complete restore on an old boat, I am thinking that I might agree with him considering all the time and $$$ I have into mine???

The Campbell Spring round up is coming up in May if you?re interested and kicking tires and talking to the guys who might know the where abouts of what you?re looking for ???

rb

Attachments

• Campbell Regatta 2012 137.jpg
    Campbell Regatta 2012 137.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Campbell Regatta 2012 165.jpg
    Campbell Regatta 2012 165.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 155

BWT

Reaction score
BWT

The hull you are looking for (as far as I know) is the rarest of the rare Campbell hulls (maybe along the number of the tunnel hulls they built??) I know of only 3. The one David Kahn restored. I heard it went to a big car dealer guy in Idaho. He might be interested in selling for the right price. I know where a project boat is that is the sister hull to "missy" but it would be a complete restore. And I have seen one other "runabout" hull somewhere on craiglist a few years back, again a total restore would be needed.

You could always find a good dc hull and cut it up to make it the way you want (did I say that out loud ???) :eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

Other possibilities, the original molds still exists in Havasu and D'cucci laid up the last two (www.dcucciboats.net), both of which came out super bitchin (a 20ft whaler and a 24ft whaler). The owner of the 24ft thought he could build a new boat for less than a complete restore on an old boat, I am thinking that I might agree with him considering all the time and $$$ I have into mine???

The Campbell Spring round up is coming up in May if you?re interested and kicking tires and talking to the guys who might know the where abouts of what you?re looking for ???

rb

Thank you for your responce, for some reason I always end up wanting the hardest to obtain most expensive things... I know this is a totally different boat but does anyone know anything about (Happy Hour Happy Hour)? It is for sale for what seems to be a good price..

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Thank you for your responce, for some reason I always end up wanting the hardest to obtain most expensive things... I know this is a totally different boat but does anyone know anything about (Happy Hour Happy Hour)? It is for sale for what seems to be a good price..

00f0f_7t5rvmLWyx9_600x450.jpg 00U0U_K61dAjtAIU_600x450.jpg

Unfortunately no I don't, but my guess would be that it's been mothballed for the past 15-20+ years, owner(s) passed away and the estate donated it to the Salvation Army. Been tossing the idea of going over to look at it, might do that at lunch since I have time today. Don't worry I promise not to buy it ;) If it were a 24 Tall Cabin w/ twin inboards or a 28' then game on :D I would think that because it is the SA you could get the price down a few grand.

Also on the 24 @ Mojave Power Sports the deck line is similar to

01717_gcAnMDwxeZu_600x450.jpg

BWT

Reaction score
View attachment 324469 View attachment 324471

Unfortunately no I don't, but my guess would be that it's been mothballed for the past 15-20+ years, owner(s) passed away and the estate donated it to the Salvation Army. Been tossing the idea of going over to look at it, might do that at lunch since I have time today. Don't worry I promise not to buy it ;) If it were a 24 Tall Cabin w/ twin inboards or a 28' then game on :D I would think that because it is the SA you could get the price down a few grand.

Also on the 24 @ Mojave Power Sports the deck line is similar to

View attachment 324485

If you end up going by there let me know your thoughts..

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Delta
Are you interested in a 28 that is done or something to fix up ??? I know of a couple of 28's that are done and ready to go (very pretty, lots of teak) owner has talked about selling to get into a smaller boat.

BWT
Same question but in a 24 ??? There appear to be several "fixers" floating around but if your interested in a solid well taken care of 40 year old Campbell history, again I know of a couple of boats that the owners are looking to down size or getting older and not doing much boating anymore.

ps
nuthin in it for me, other than to help hook up some peeps who are looking for a bit of classic boatin!!!!!
rb

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Delta
Are you interested in a 28 that is done or something to fix up ??? I know of a couple of 28's that are done and ready to go (very pretty, lots of teak) owner has talked about selling to get into a smaller boat.

BWT
Same question but in a 24 ??? There appear to be several "fixers" floating around but if your interested in a solid well taken care of 40 year old Campbell history, again I know of a couple of boats that the owners are looking to down size or getting older and not doing much boating anymore.

ps
nuthin in it for me, other than to help hook up some peeps who are looking for a bit of classic boatin!!!!!
rb

Thanks, but I'm not looking for anything right now. I've always liked the 28, especially the flybridges, unfortunately they're too tall to fit under the awning at the lake. The daycruisers are cool too, but when consider the # of people that can comfortably sit in the cockpit it just doesn't work for me. I'm not looking for pontoon boat seating but you'd think a 28'x10' boat could seat more than 6.

The 24s are cool too, looked @ a mid-70s about 5 years ago, v-drive with no front windows out in the high desert. I envisioned making it a fishing boat, but it needed major glass and gel work. Actually prefer the tall cabins like CC has, but those are all glass over wood boats. My huckleberry is an all glass 24 tall cabin with twin inboard IL6s, a center belly tank, that hasn't been molested or neglected... Hey a guy can dream right :D

TripleSec

Reaction score

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Welcome Triple, I was hoping you would show up here sooner or later!!!!!!!:D

Do you know any information on or about the red and white boat "scarlet begonia" on the Campbell Owners website???? That style hull appears tobe somewhat rare as well (I have only seen 3 of them???). I actually kicked aroudn the idea of making my cuddy cabin into one of those when I redid the bulkheads on my boat.
rb

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Brad Riggen bought this boat to keep it from the scrap heap...it is rough shape compared to this but is restorable. It is one of Missy's sisters

Here is 24 Daycruiser on the site
24 Daycruiser

From the looks of how far back the helm is and the length of the seats under the deck, I would say it's a Cuddy Cabin without windows and not a Daycruiser.

b-j_woodworth-01.jpg

Welcome Triple, I was hoping you would show up here sooner or later!!!!!!!:D

Do you know any information on or about the red and white boat "scarlet begonia" on the Campbell Owners website???? That style hull appears tobe somewhat rare as well (I have only seen 3 of them???). I actually kicked aroudn the idea of making my cuddy cabin into one of those when I redid the bulkheads on my boat.
rb

Just a guess, but I would say that the 24 Daycruisers began life in the mold as 24 CCs, and once popped the rear bulkhead & cabin top was cut & shortened.

b-kermitlarby-1.jpg
b-scarlettbegonia-01.jpg
b-theminordetail-02.jpg

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Delta
I stopped and looked at the white and brown boat the other day (its sitting on a lot off of the 126hwy just outside of Fillmore). She would make a great project boat if the price were right;);). It is a Cuddy Cabin but sort of has that Day Cruiser look to her. I did not get any info on her, walked all around the yard and never saw a soul???

The Day Cruiser must not have been very popular at the time, as the Cuddy Cabin is way more common ?????

BWT

Reaction score

BWT

Reaction score

Rickybobby

Reaction score
PB
I heard you were looking at a couple of different 24's.... let us know if you pull the trigger, both are bad ass boats !!!!!! I also know where a 24 cuddy cabin dual turbo'd boat is but I think he wants "tall" money for it ????
rb

Parkrbound

Reaction score
Hey bob, glad you and the family made it home safe. Ya I'm always looking, I can't decide what I want to do. I go back and forth between finding an old one that needs work and fixing it up like you did with your beautiful boat or laying up a new one. My other issue is that I'm working on my model A right now and don't know if I'm ready for another project. I wanna finish one before I start another.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Pb
I know what your talking about, in hindsight, it would have been perfect to have a play boat and then a project to work on. Do u have a build thread on your a????

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Hoffmma
Welcome to the madness!!!! Post up some pics of your boat (the blue one w/o windows right??). Campbell Carl was the resident Campbell guru here and we miss him but there are lots of guys around that have info and parts laying around. In addition, most of the group will be in Havasu next weekend if you need anything.
rb

ERiggen

Reaction score

Rickybobby

Reaction score
That boat is sweet!!! Do you have any history on her ??? I looked at another Morris/Campbell in Vegas a long time ago but could never find any history on it. I could never figure out who Morris was ??? :):)

Hoffmma

Reaction score
That boat is sweet!!! Do you have any history on her ??? I looked at another Morris/Campbell in Vegas a long time ago but could never find any history on it. I could never figure out who Morris was ??? :):)

Thanks! I haven't had any luck on the Morris name either. As far as history goes all I have is a folder full of receipts for work that was done on it. This forum and the Campbell owners site are the only resources that I've found so far. Hopefully something will turn up on the Morris name!