WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Starting with a clean Slate.....any Stereo Gurus out there?

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I'm planning on putting a stereo in my uncles '59 Caddy. He'd like to spend around $3500 or so.
The car has nothing right now. He'd like a double Din receiver, and that's the only request he gave me. I'd like to do two 12's (maybe squares), and the rest is up in the air. We want it to be really loud and really clear.

What would you instal with that budget? Or is that not realistic for what needs to be done?

Last edited:

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
8u3ysaty.jpg

AL&Eds

Your speaker Pimp
Reaction score
Without seeing the car, and guessing that you're not trying to keep it all original I would recommend the following. Pick out a double den receiver that fits your needs, put a set of component front speakers in either kick panels or the doors. Then add a set of rear speakers. I think A set of 12's in the back would be great and then you need to amplifiers. I think your budget of $3500 is more than sufficient and will keep you in all namebrand products like Alpine Focal and JL audio.

My only question is where did you plan on mounting the head unit? Were were you planning on putting it in the dash, building a custom center console or pod for it, or putting it somewhere like the glove box?

AL&Eds

Your speaker Pimp
Reaction score
The picture of the car popped up right after I sent that. Obviously you're not keeping it stock...

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I think a lot of the cost will be in the installation. If you do it yourself you can put more towards the product.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Without seeing the car, and guessing that you're not trying to keep it all original I would recommend the following. Pick out a double den receiver that fits your needs, put a set of component front speakers in either kick panels or the doors. Then add a set of rear speakers. I think A set of 12's in the back would be great and then you need to amplifiers. I think your budget of $3500 is more than sufficient and will keep you in all namebrand products like Alpine Focal and JL audio.

My only question is where did you plan on mounting the head unit? Were were you planning on putting it in the dash, building a custom center console or pod for it, or putting it somewhere like the glove box?

I'd like to put the receiver inside the glovebox. It'd be a sin to cut a hole in the dash of that car. The stock one will be there as a dummy. Would a component set in the kick panels and a pair of 6x9s in the rear package tray be sufficient?

Do any manufacturers make a receiver that lets you use Pandora or the iPod on your phone through Bluetooth, like the new Fords have with Sync?

Last edited:

AL&Eds

Your speaker Pimp
Reaction score
Yes, that would be more than enough speakers. Just put a quality amplifier to them also. And yes lots of the manufacturers of radios have those features.

Where are you located? If you live in Southern California you should come by and check out the shop. If you live outside of Southern California we can help you pick out the product and ship it to you.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to put the receiver inside the glovebox. It'd be a sin to cut a hole in the dash of that car. The stock one will be there a a dummy. Would a component set in the kick panels and a pair of 6x9s in the rear package tray be sufficient?

Do any manufacturers make a receiver that let you use Pandora or the iPod on your phone through Bluetooth, like the new Fords have with Sync?

Yes. They do. I would utilize the expertise of the guys at AL and eds. They could probably even set you up with equipment and ship it to you. They do some pretty off the hook stuff. But shipping it to CA isn't really an option.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Yes. They do. I would utilize the expertise of the guys at AL and eds. They could probably even set you up with equipment and ship it to you. They do some pretty off the hook stuff. But shipping it to CA isn't really an option.

Ya, I wish there were more professional shops out here. Most of the ones I've walked into look like chop shops :eek
Dey gib you gud deal!

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Yes, that would be more than enough speakers. Just put a quality amplifier to them also. And yes lots of the manufacturers of radios have those features.

Where are you located? If you live in Southern California you should come by and check out the shop. If you live outside of Southern California we can help you pick out the product and ship it to you.

Thanks for the help! I used to live in the IE, but now I'm in West Texas. I wouldn't be comfortable installing it myself, or else I'd order the stuff through you.

AL&Eds

Your speaker Pimp
Reaction score
Damn, would have loved the opportunity to work on your car. Let us know if you need any other help along the way.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Ya, I wish there were more professional shops out here. Most of the ones I've walked into look like chop shops :eek
Dey gib you gud deal!

Unfortunately. There's plenty of those guys around here too :(

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Damn, would have loved the opportunity to work on your car. Let us know if you need any other help along the way.

I'd work a deal and send an installer out there..

Nice sig by the way.. :D

RD