WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Polaris Rangers......Anyone else have one?

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Was curious if anyone else here has a Polaris Ranger and what kind of mods you have done to it.

I'm going on a big riding trip this next summer and wanted to start tinkering with it now to get it ready.

I have a 2014 Polaris 900 Crew.

Anyone else have a lift on theirs? I found a 2-4" Adjustable lift for them and thought that might help with some of the high-centering issues.:thumbup:
Haven't bought it yet because I wanted to see if there were any negative affects of running one of these.

This is the one I'm looking at....http://www.backwoodsarmor.com/products/a2-4-adjustable-lift-kit/

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
We have one. Cage back seat. Exhaust and tuner. Is all that's been done to it.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Here's what I'm working with.
e8e4ypa6.jpg

6aqeva9e.jpg

satellitemike

Reaction score
Great ride, I've had 2 of them. If it was mine I would just change out the shitty tires and wheels and upgrade to some 27 inch bighorns and sell the take offs. I did that on both of mine and ended up costing less than 400 bucks! I also went with a little offset on the wheels, handles better and looks a ton better. Good luck with what ever direction you go, post some pics.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Great ride, I've had 2 of them. If it was mine I would just change out the shitty tires and wheels and upgrade to some 27 inch bighorns and sell the take offs. I did that on both of mine and ended up costing less than 400 bucks! I also went with a little offset on the wheels, handles better and looks a ton better. Good luck with what ever direction you go, post some pics.

I'll post some pics, after all the stuff I ordered gets here. So far I have a rack for the bed and some Rotopax fuel cans to mount to it. Might do a light bar on the roof too. I have a 10" bar on the front bumper already.
The cheap Dutchman in me won't do wheels and tires till I wear out the originals!haha but with as much gravel and asphalt it drives on....it won't be too long.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I have an old 700XP. Just put a decent cage on it and some tires and wheels along with a back seat for the kids. It's a cruiser and runs in the back of the pack on rides but still fun for the kids. have not really had any problems with it at all either. Bought it new in 2008.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Got the rack today in the mail...fits perfect. Going to mount two 2gal Rotopax fuel cans on each side of the rack. Those should be here next week.

Now I need to find a hold down for the spare wheel. Would like to find some kind of tool box with a mounting bracket for the top too. Any Ideas?

me5usesy.jpg

5yseqe5e.jpg

ejasa7yv.jpg

Reaction score
I added what is needed to make it street legal. Mine is a 2012 ranger 800xp. License plate frame with light, Wind Shield, Turn Signals, And for comfort, I added a hard top. I replaced the tires after the first year with Black Diamond tires (D.O.T.).

The closer you keep it stock, the more dependable it will be. Be sure to get that first oil change on time, and break it in slowly. I'm not going with a lift. I've had it all over the western mountain's, and have yet to find some place it would not go. I like your rack, and might add it to mine. Does it come with a cover?

You will need to buy a few of these. http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/produ...andana-Style-Dust-Mask-L13984970.jpg:thumbsup

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I added what is needed to make it street legal. Mine is a 2012 ranger 800xp. License plate frame with light, Wind Shield, Turn Signals, And for comfort, I added a hard top. I replaced the tires after the first year with Black Diamond tires (D.O.T.).

The closer you keep it stock, the more dependable it will be. Be sure to get that first oil change on time, and break it in slowly. I'm not going with a lift. I've had it all over the western mountain's, and have yet to find some place it would not go. I like your rack, and might add it to mine. Does it come with a cover?

You will need to buy a few of these. http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/produ...andana-Style-Dust-Mask-L13984970.jpg:thumbsup

No cover for the rack. just about double the storage space of the bed though. Your link didn't work

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Got the fuel cans mounted....still looking for a storage box for the top rack. Be nice to find something with a mount that could easily be disconnected if I needed to work on something.

I could just bolt down a tool box up there, but it'd just make it harder to get stuff out.
azebepev.jpg

ugypare6.jpg

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I like the crew. Perfect all around UTV. Here's my junk...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391693043.979189.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391693060.012812.jpg

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Got the winch today in the mail. I ordered the 4500lb Polaris Sythetic Rope winch off the Polaris Website.....but I guess in order to install it, I was supposed to also order another part number which supplies longer battery leads for the Ranger Crew. You'd think that'd be good info when dishing out $800+ for a "complete kit!!:thumbsdown:swear
The cables should be here next week.

So after that I decided to instal the interior LED Dome light, I also bought from Polaris. But no instructions are provided with it, you need to contact you local dealer for instructions. I could wing it, but it has a nice harness that looks like its meant to plug in somewhere....

I was going to try and send a gripe email to Polaris, but their "Contact Us" link should really read, Don't bother us...go talk to a dealer.:thumbsdown:rant:

Sorry for the rant haha, I had just always thought higher of Polaris till today....whoever is in charge of their accessory dept needs to pull their head out.

Last edited: