WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Intercoms.......???

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Do any of you guys run an intercom in your Side by Sides?

My little guy wants to talk to me the whole day and I can never understand what he is trying to tell me or ask. It'd be fun to explain things to him while we are following our group through the mountains. I had a PCI radio in my prerunner and that worked great with helmets, but I've also seen those ones that people on roadbikes wear in their helmets also.

What would you recommend for the investment? I don't want to spend a fortune....but if it wasn't too expensive it'd be fun to ad.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Looks like PCI has a kit for $699, then I would just need to spend another $100 to wire up his helmet.

Curious to hear that you guys have done.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I have heard great things about PCI....I have a friends that have both PCI and Rugged- the clarity and the longevity of the Rugged hasn't been as good as the PCI.

blacksox

Reaction score
I received the rugged radio set up for Christmas this year. Can't say enough good things about it. It gives the ride a whole new experience. Plus the car to car feature is cool when you are with a group.

JRS1939

Reaction score
Aircraft intercom are tough to get to work in a SxS bc there is no noise canceling on the mic

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I've never worn a headset.....is one better than the other?? Over the head or behind the head?

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
I'd go with rugged and their DSP chip. I like behind the head myself...

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the leads and help guys.

I had never heard of Rugged, but I'm really liking the idea of this one. My biggest hold up was being stuck to one of our side by sides....with this kit I could transfer it from our Ranger, RZR, or Wildcat....:thumbsup
http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=395_397&products_id=1174

I had the previous version of this kit (older style) and it worked really well. The only trouble I had with it was the trasmit volume for using a car to car radios was low. If you're not planning on car to car, I say go for it...:thumbsup Batteries on ours would last a full season.

(the car to car issue may be resolved with the new version, I don't know)

This is the one we had:
RRP150.jpg

Last edited:

JRS1939

Reaction score
Greg, the owner of Rugged, used to own AVCOMM. AVCOMM manufactures intercoms private label for PCI and other companies, such as the Com Link 4, their standard unit.

jesco

Reaction score
Greg, the owner of Rugged, used to own AVCOMM. AVCOMM manufactures intercoms private label for PCI and other companies, such as the Com Link 4, their standard unit.

^^^^^This, Greg knows his shit, I have had both, Rugged and PCI, I cant tell the difference, both REALLY good systems. I think they are a must have while off roading. I will never own a car again that doesnt have them. I tied mine into a little mobile Sat radio deal so I have tunes also, kids love that. Both companies customer service is AWESOME!!! Just look to see which one is having a sell. Also, for me, over the head all the way, I think they feel much better.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Just ordered the Rugged 242 Intercom. Should be here next week, I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Used my intercom a few times last week and I really like it. Nice to be able to chat with my son while we cruise around. The music is fun to listen to too:thumbsup