WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Continued conversation moved to TCM section

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE

Reaction score
Converting a NA MFI 572 to a blown motor. May transplant the motor into a offshore boat with closed compartment. Can I stay with MFI or do I need to switch to carbs? Don't like EFI(cost).

Who makes these and what do they run? ( including tips......)
View attachment 310150

The headers are CMI low profile big tubes. We manufactured the jacketed turn out tails in house.

As always, we will take care of you the best we can.

I remember talking with you about jacketed headers already?

How is our sister ship doing?

John Teague

dekman

Dekman
Reaction score
Hey John...how are you doing?
Sistership is good but I have the "need for more speed." She runs great especially above 80(very stable) but with my current NA crower MFI......... 90 is it (remember mine is #3 out of the mould-heavier than yours). So Lange is helping me put together a "old school" booster... (i.e. 1471 HH retro billet blower). I would love to do a "Hat" but may just go with carbs and keep it simple......
As it goes, I have found a vintage 26' offshore race boat that i want to restore next(thus the reason for the post question). Motors are expensive so I'm going to make the engine usable in either boat. And thus the question about "your jacketed headers".
Would appreciate your best price on the headers and the muffled end pieces (used is also good). PM me if you prefer....... Love my boat! :)

IMG_0974.jpg

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE

Reaction score
Hey John...how are you doing?
Sistership is good but I have the "need for more speed." She runs great especially above 80(very stable) but with my current NA crower MFI......... 90 is it (remember mine is #3 out of the mould-heavier than yours). So Lange is helping me put together a "old school" booster... (i.e. 1471 HH retro billet blower). I would love to do a "Hat" but may just go with carbs and keep it simple......
As it goes, I have found a vintage 26' offshore race boat that i want to restore next(thus the reason for the post question). Motors are expensive so I'm going to make the engine usable in either boat. And thus the question about "your jacketed headers".
Would appreciate your best price on the headers and the muffled end pieces (used is also good). PM me if you prefer....... Love my boat! :)

View attachment 311676

we have a pair of one off low profile straight back sport tubes that have dyno time only. Very similar to the ones on the GN boat but not the giant primary tube size.

They were a replica of the headers we ran on the super cat light Liquid Metal boat in 2003.

They would look BITCHIN on your boat and be the only design that would be interchangeable into an offshore V that I can think of.... just with a different set of tails, of course.

I think I can do the headers for $4k (thats what they cost us, custom config) and the custom pair of tails just like the GN boat for $1k good guy deal (would be more like $1500 usually)

Thats really the best I can do and I think the cheapest to replicate a full custom setup that you will find....

call me
JT

dekman

Dekman
Reaction score
Need to know the I.D. on the Sport headers primary tubes..... and can you post a pic? Thanks, Rob

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE

Reaction score
Need to know the I.D. on the Sport headers primary tubes..... and can you post a pic? Thanks, Rob

1 7/8" full length primaries. To get to 2 1/4" or more you will have to spend big money. We have dynoed it out going from sport tubes to big tubes and it is worth 25 horsepower at 1000 horsepower. Not very critical for a 20 foot boat in my opinion...

Ill post a pic tomorrow when I have better light.

JT

dekman

Dekman
Reaction score
Those do look nice John! But... Lange says there too small and the restriction will cause much more than a 25hp loss. Besides $5000 is a little steep....I'll just use my old blower headers for now. But Thanks again!