Roadrunner - Top

Rons 2 - Top

Change came, tryin 2 hope Flyinbowtie's Avatar
    About 12 miles so'east of Timbuctoo in the Foothills of the Sierra Nevada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times

"Flippin RV's" very cool show.

Was surfing channels tonight and stumbles on to this. Young couple out of Bend, Ore that takes vintage travel trailers from the late 40's up to the 60's and restores them...I mean to beyond new standards. They did a Spartan and another one tonight. Just stunning work.
    I didn't know there was a market for these, back in the day I'd see hundreds of them out in the bush and in the outlying land. I wonder if they are still there. $ to be made...
    (like I need another project)

You guys who love the mid-century look need to catch this. It is on GAC..great American Country, Ch. 165 on Dish. It is on again at 2100 west coast time.
    Enjoy...
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    -George Orwell
    "One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano"
    -Col. Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brown
    ... and that's what makes you the perfect RDP moderator.

Thanks
    Thanked 120 Times
    Love the flipin shows! Lol!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,316 Times
    There's a guy that lives near me and has a bunch of the vintage trailers all over his property, probably 30 or more at any given time. All kinds and styles. He restores them and sells them all over the US. His inventory is constantly rotating with refurbed leaving and old ones coming in.

Really cool to see them built from start to finish. Like they came off the showroom floor when they're complete.

Change came, tryin 2 hope Flyinbowtie's Avatar
    About 12 miles so'east of Timbuctoo in the Foothills of the Sierra Nevada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times
    That is what these people do. Flyte Camp RV, Bend, Ore.
    Really fun to watch, and brings back memories. My folks had a Trailfeather 16 ft. trailer when I was a kid...as in 4-5 years old. I can remember playing in it parked in our back yard.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    -George Orwell
    "One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano"
    -Col. Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brown
    ... and that's what makes you the perfect RDP moderator.

Thanks
    Thanked 310 Times
    I will have to check it out
    It ifs not broken, fuck with it til it is.

Thanks
    Thanked 421 Times
    Saw a show with them on it, either the same one or another. It was about two years ago. It was pretty cool. My uncle has fixed them up and resold them.

Thanks
    Thanked 64 Times
    Very cool show - love the old school rigs

Thanks
    Thanked 20 Times
    There is a business near Palmdale Rd and on 395 in Victorville that restores aluminum trailers. Has a bunch in the lot and some look pretty old. Have seen a few on CL and they get a bunch of money for them.