WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fluorescent dyes

Trim it up

Reaction score
Mr. Teague, I've got an oil leak somewhere on my 572 and I am having trouble finding the origin. My mechanic in Havasu has never used a UV dye for detection and is not sure of the damage. Do you have any experience using these products and are they safe??
Thanks
PS- I posted in the lounge and others said they work great but I wanted to hear it from a professional

Trim it up

Reaction score
Well, never did get a response but I located it after wrapping my fuel pump with tissue paper. Ordered one from Teague (only company left that makes 1/2'' in and outlets), installed and ready to roll

BigSteve

Reaction score
Mr. Teague, I've got an oil leak somewhere on my 572 and I am having trouble finding the origin. My mechanic in Havasu has never used a UV dye for detection and is not sure of the damage. Do you have any experience using these products and are they safe??
Thanks
PS- I posted in the lounge and others said they work great but I wanted to hear it from a professional

It is very common to use a uv dye
I just used some today to locate a leak

When I went to Detroit Diesel and Cat engine classes
It was used in the fuel and oil before putting it on the dyno
And tested after a the full pulls
Works great on a/c systems in motor homes with long line sets if you have a porous hose