WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2014 - One learning to crawl before walking... again.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well guys I wish I had more solid news. The upside is I finally talked to Scott this morning. He assured me he is working on things behind the scenes, but there is a lot going on right now with insurance, politics, and other things that I'm not qualified to talk about. I know you guys are waiting on rules so you can outfit your boats, and hell I'm waiting on them because a lot of prominent sponsors want to see them before they commit. That all being said we have to see if we can get insurance for the event before we go putting out rules for everyone to argue about. The APBA switched carriers this year, and I don't know all the in's and out's of it, but I have heard this may present a challenge with our race.

So here's where it's at.. Once we can get the insurance policy written, then the event will be secured, that is priority 1. As soon as that happens, then the rules, and everything else will follow. I'm guessing we are 3-4 weeks out on getting any kind of answer from anybody on that front.

I wish I had better news, but right now it feels like the rug got pulled out from underneath us, and we are going to have to start all over on a lot of fronts.

RD

Hammer

Reaction score
Well guys I wish I had more solid news. The upside is I finally talked to Scott this morning. He assured me he is working on things behind the scenes, but there is a lot going on right now with insurance, politics, and other things that I'm not qualified to talk about. I know you guys are waiting on rules so you can outfit your boats, and hell I'm waiting on them because a lot of prominent sponsors want to see them before they commit. That all being said we have to see if we can get insurance for the event before we go putting out rules for everyone to argue about. The APBA switched carriers this year, and I don't know all the in's and out's of it, but I have heard this may present a challenge with our race.

So here's where it's at.. Once we can get the insurance policy written, then the event will be secured, that is priority 1. As soon as that happens, then the rules, and everything else will follow. I'm guessing we are 3-4 weeks out on getting any kind of answer from anybody on that front.

I wish I had better news, but right now it feels like the rug got pulled out from underneath us, and we are going to have to start all over on a lot of fronts.

RD

Do these circumstances have anything to do with the unfortunate accident in the cor race at puddingstone ?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Do these circumstances have anything to do with the unfortunate accident in the cor race at puddingstone ?

Has more to do with the fact the APBA changed insurance companies, but yes that really didn't help matters.

RD

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
RD, did you walk the beach at Bluewater this weekend? Lots of changes but more like just enforcing already existing rules.

Oh, and APBA sent an official as did the new insurance underwriter......nice guys, hope you took time to meet them.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD, did you walk the beach at Bluewater this weekend? Lots of changes but more like just enforcing already existing rules.

Oh, and APBA sent an official as did the new insurance underwriter......nice guys, hope you took time to meet them.

Scott Schatz took them on a pontoon and showed them the entire course.

NOW THAT BEING SAID I HAVE GOOD NEWS!! It looks like Scott is optimistic about us getting Insurance! He is submitting our plans and we should have the results from that soon, and after that we can "tweak" the rules to release the final version. :)

RD

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Scott Schatz took them on a pontoon and showed them the entire course.

NOW THAT BEING SAID I HAVE GOOD NEWS!! It looks like Scott is optimistic about us getting Insurance! He is submitting our plans and we should have the results from that soon, and after that we can "tweak" the rules to release the final version. :)

RD

That is good news ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 109