WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Going to look at houses with Paul65k. :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ok RD its obvious you want the home. Try $260 and see if that flys. Your realtor will intervene if that is an offensive low ball.

I am looking to buy a second house at some point in the future and rent it out. :). Not there yet. We are looking for something in the 600-700 range for mom though.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
You can almost see my house on the hill from these backyard pics.

Rivermemories

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a second house at some point in the future and rent it out. :). Not there yet. We are looking for something in the 600-700 range for mom though.

Lol. And i thought
i was expanding the budget on converting the back porch for inlaws bedroom was bad. Dont have $600k tho. Having a "what to do with mom" delima too". If your mom is anything like mine, she is in her rocking chair with her voodoo doll sticking pins as we speak at the mere thought of relocating her.
Hope your property search works out for
Ya. :)

Singleton

Reaction score
Got all the photos I need now. Let's make a deal!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lol. And i thought
i was expanding the budget on converting the back porch for inlaws bedroom was bad. Dont have $600k tho. Having a "what to do with mom" delima too". If your mom is anything like mine, she is in her rocking chair with her voodoo doll sticking pins as we speak at the mere thought of relocating her.
Hope your property search works out for
Ya. :)

Yes she is really opposed to the relocating idea, but the writing is on the wall... Sooner or later she will be in Havasu.

RD

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Yes she is really opposed to the relocating idea, but the writing is on the wall... Sooner or later she will be in Havasu.

RD
Sooner is better than later from my perspective :D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Speaking of your mother, how's the sober house deal shaping out? is it an irritation to the hood yet or are they not as bad as expected.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Sent an e-mail already :)
Going out to dinner with wife to discuss. Will call this weekend. Having you as the selling agent sucks. Like it better when you are 100% on my side :)
Once you're done making a deal make sure he breaks out the over $6 bottle of wine:p:thumbup:

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Paul I'm heading to Havasu the second week of August and would like to look at a few houses while I'm out there. Havasu still appears to be a buyers market and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on something in a few months that would be used as a snow bird rental in the winter and a second home/weekend rental during the Spring and Summer.

PM me your contact info.

-Danny

Patyacht

Reaction score
Owner of that last house with the DCB is a super nice guy. Used to be on the boards in the old Hotboat days. Haven't seen him on line lately.

Paul65k

Reaction score
Owner of that last house with the DCB is a super nice guy. Used to be on the boards in the old Hotboat days. Haven't seen him on line lately.
Couldn't agree more....Kenny and his wife Tammy are very nice people!!!:cool

Paul65k

Reaction score
Looks like we got an offer coming in.......stay tuned!!!
Offer accepted.....we're in escrow!!!

This was a great house and just goes to what I have been saying for months.......good houses are selling VERY QUICKLY here in town. There are so many "Ordinary Houses" in this town that don't get a lot of love here. When a well taken care of home with all the goodies comes on the market they usually go very quickly!!

Singleton

Reaction score
Offer accepted.....we're in escrow!!!

This was a great house and just goes to what I have been saying for months.......good houses are selling VERY QUICKLY here in town. There are so many "Ordinary Houses" in this town that don't get a lot of love here. When a well taken care of home with all the goodies comes on the market they usually go very quickly!!

Congrats.

Paul65k

Reaction score
Hey for anyone out there thinking of selling just remember I sold this one in 2 days......just sayin :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have been having so much fun going to look at these Houses with Paul, I'm just going out there whenever I can step away from work to see what's out there, and learn more about the markets etc..

Well they all can't be winners.. LOL That's my feeling on this place. So far this is something about every house that I have liked in one fashion or another.. While they may not be for me or my future uses, or for my mom I could say that I genuinely did find something cool about each one, and I had some kind of "interest" in each one..

This one is a little Condo 1718 Duel Dr. It is listed for 144,900 dollars.

Here's the pics. You walk past the garage down this little hallway to the door (with Security Gate I might add.. which instantly gave me the WTF?)
IMG_0943.JPG

Once you open the very orange door you look inside and you can tell someone is flipping this property and trying to maximize profits.
IMG_0944.JPG

To your right the living room

IMG_0949.JPG

To your left center the Kitchen
IMG_0948.JPG

To the left in front of the kitchen the Dining room..
IMG_0947.JPG

Now bear in mind this entire place is only 950 sq ft so I'm using the seperation of "rooms" kind of liberally here. Now I know what you are thinking.. This isn't so bad Dave? These pics are making it look bigger then it is. Well without getting into the rest of it.. Here's all the pics.

Large main Hallway closet (used to be a Laundry room with a stackable)
IMG_0965.JPG

Bedroom 1

IMG_0963.JPG

Closet
IMG_0964.JPG

Bedroom 2
IMG_0955.JPG

Closet
IMG_0956.JPG

1 bathroom ( have to upload the pictures of the shower.. but long story short it was just an old school shower tub with gold hardware and railings.)
IMG_0952.JPG IMG_0953.JPG IMG_0960.JPG

Out back of the Apartment... eerrrr Condo

IMG_0958.JPG IMG_0959.JPG

It did have a Garage that I'm sure they will try to pass as 2 car.. (Not if you have trucks) On the one side it was around 26' deep if you measured it to the wall. The current tennants have a fullsize washer and dryer in there so it would come out to 22'ish with those in place, and the waterheater etc..

IMG_0968.JPG IMG_0967.JPG

RD

Attachments

• IMG_0943.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0950.JPG
    IMG_0950.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 15

Paul65k

Reaction score
This is a great post for people that aren't real familiar with Havasu with regard to lower priced housing. In CA and other major metro markets our first thought typically turns to Condos.....while this is certainly true in Havasu the nature of dwellings here does not really lend itself to the Condo lifestyle....especially for boaters.

With such a high emphasis on garages here in Havasu this tends to make the condo answer not so good for many boaters....condos by nature are high density and making room for garages is typically not a priority......hence we have a shortage of NICE condo options in this town.....your cost per sq foot is typically higher than for a SFR.....which is somewhat contrary to many other markets.

Those of you who have explored condo options here should be able to bear this out.....actually the island is a prime candidate for condos or PUDs (planned unit Developments) which are typically much higher density.

All this being said if you want to store a boat Single Family Homes have been the way to go......what Havasu really needs is a high quality condo complex with an emphasis on boat/toy storage and it needs to be in a good location (like any real estate).

There are nice condos....of course but in most Cases the SFR option is a better value.

My .02

craiger88

Reaction score
Those of you who have explored condo option here should bear this out.....actually the island is a prime candidate for condos or PUDs (planned unit Developments) which are typically much higher density.

All this being said if you want to store a boat Single Family Homes have been the way to go......what Havasu really needs is a high quality condo complex with an emphasis on boat/toy storage and it needs to be in a good location (like any real estate).

My .02

I couldn't agree more. We sold our place a couple of years ago with the idea of buying some property to do some "detached condo" style units with boat deep garages. Plans changed and never made the jump. If I recall, there was a small gated project on the south side (I think just south of Bashas) that was a similar concept.

To me, 2 and 3 bedroom units with small patios and big garages makes a lot of sense for a lot of people. As the SFD prices continue to climb, the condo concept could start to make a lot more sense. You could go two ways with it: an actual condo development with an HOA and possibly a community pool, playground, clubhouse (HOA dues would start to climb with more amenities), or go bare bones, no common areas, small lot subdivision and eliminate the need for an HOA.

To me; there is a market for higher density and smaller home (high quality finishes), minimal yard, big garage developments. You are always going to have a segment of the market that wants their own private pool and space, but I think there is a real segment of the vacation home market that would be interested in the condo concept.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. We sold our place a couple of years ago with the idea of buying some property to do some "detached condo" style units with boat deep garages. Plans changed and never made the jump. If I recall, there was a small gated project on the south side (I think just south of Bashas) that was a similar concept.

To me, 2 and 3 bedroom units with small patios and big garages makes a lot of sense for a lot of people. As the SFD prices continue to climb, the condo concept could start to make a lot more sense. You could go two ways with it: an actual condo development with an HOA and possibly a community pool, playground, clubhouse (HOA dues would start to climb with more amenities), or go bare bones, no common areas, small lot subdivision and eliminate the need for an HOA.

To me; there is a market for higher density and smaller home (high quality finishes), minimal yard, big garage developments. You are always going to have a segment of the market that wants their own private pool and space, but I think there is a real segment of the vacation home market that would be interested in the condo concept.

Not that I disagree.. But why? Why spend 150.000-250.000 on a condo when you can get a nice house for that?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Not that I disagree.. But why? Why spend 150.000-250.000 on a condo when you can get a nice house for that?

maintanence......

Some people would be more than happy with 2 bedrooms and a a big garage for a boat and a 10x10' patio. When you get to age 60 pulling weeds,repairing pool tiles and fixing sprinklers every 3 days sucks.

craiger88

Reaction score

Agree 100%. As I mentioned, I believe it makes more sense as single family home prices continue to climb. I don't think we are there yet.

Think back a few years ago when it was booming and a 3/2 (very basic) house with a boat deep garage was $300K+

I think there is a vacation owner market for that type of product. Definitely not meant for full-time residents.

Just my $.02

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Agree 100%. As I mentioned, I believe it makes more sense as single family home prices continue to climb. I don't think we are there yet.

Think back a few years ago when it was booming and a 3/2 (very basic) house with a boat deep garage was $300K+

I think there is a vacation owner market for that type of product. Definitely not meant for full-time residents.

Just my $.02

3 years ago I got my house that is (I think 2200) 4 bdrm / 3 1/2 bath / 1700 sq ft garage (RV) / Pool, Jacuzzi / Full Lake View and a good sized lot for 310.

If I had to guess right now it would be worth 375 - 390.. I think it will be a long time before a normal house without the pool etc. would be cost prohibitive.

I'm going to upload some houses that we looked at that are 150,000 to show what's out there.. In particular one for 149,00 on my street that is turn key, on a huge lot with a boat deep garage!

RD

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
3 years ago I got my house that is (I think 2200) 4 bdrm / 3 1/2 bath / 1700 sq ft garage (RV) / Pool, Jacuzzi / Full Lake View and a good sized lot for 310.

If I had to guess right now it would be worth 375 - 390.. I think it will be a long time before a normal house without the pool etc. would be cost prohibitive.

I'm going to upload some houses that we looked at that are 150,000 to show what's out there.. In particular one for 149,00 on my street that is turn key, on a huge lot with a boat deep garage!

RD

Which one on the street is for sale with a boat deep garage?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Which one on the street is for sale with a boat deep garage?

If you walked out of your driveway and walked straight across the street you would walk into their driveway.. The garage is 26' if memory serves.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Alright so this is another one that I think is a little overpriced.. It is literally 2 doors away from my house on the cultesac (Nimrod). It is listed for 129,900.. I think if you got it for 100.. Moved a wall or two, and revamped for less then 20K in you could have a cool little house. The garage is not boat deep, but the lot is deep, so you might be able to do something there if you were looking to drop some serious cash and not get it back on resale.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time writing the tour of the house because it didn't interest me much, so I don't expect it would interest anybody on here.. Here is the picture tour of 129,900 on Nimrod.

IMG_0969 - Copy.JPG IMG_0971 - Copy.JPG IMG_0974 - Copy.JPG IMG_0975 - Copy.JPG IMG_0976 - Copy.JPG IMG_0972 - Copy.JPG IMG_0980.JPG IMG_0979.JPG IMG_0977 - Copy.JPG IMG_0978 - Copy.JPG IMG_0973 - Copy.JPG IMG_0982.JPG IMG_0985.JPG IMG_0981.JPG IMG_0983.JPG IMG_0984.JPG IMG_0994.JPG IMG_0993.JPG IMG_0996.JPG IMG_0992.JPG IMG_0997.JPG IMG_0991.JPG IMG_0990.JPG IMG_0989.JPG IMG_0988.JPG

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This house is on my street (Mariner) and directly across the street from MJC's house. This is EXACTLY the type of house that I will be buying when I am ready to pull the trigger. (If I hadn't just committed cubic dollars to these boat tests, I'd probably be trying to work this one right now just due to the close proximity of my house) The Lot is HUGE. It already has a boat deep garage. While the house isn't "Baller" it certainly is livable and most certainly RENTABLE to Weekenders, or even a family long term for the winter months etc.. Plenty of room to add on RV Garages, Pool(s), Ponds or whatever ya want..

In short, this house kicks the living shit out of the house right above this one, and this one is listed for 149,000 and it is TURN KEY. From the outside it just looks like an average little Havasu House.

IMG_0999.JPG

The inside has new paint, and some cheap ass (but new) appliances, as well as new carpet etc.. The house was lost to the bank by the previous owner and they just fixed it up to get some more resale out of it.
IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

The one thing that impressed me about this house is it's depth. Every room was pretty large for a house of this era, and you didn't feel "closed in."
IMG_1000.JPG

Even though it is old school, it has arched drywall. You could have someone Bull nose that on the cheap and it would improve the looks and modernize the house quickly.
IMG_1002.JPG

It has a ton of these little features that you can tell would have been "baller" back in the day for a Desert House.. The insets into the walls etc..
IMG_1003.JPG

One of the bedrooms (ditch the light and put a fan in)

IMG_1004.JPG

Decent sized closets IMG_1005.JPG

Bathroom is nice enough to get by or you could remodel it

IMG_1006.JPG IMG_1007.JPG

Another guest Bedroom
IMG_1008.JPG

Closet
IMG_1009.JPG

Walking back out to the Kitchen.. I think I took this pic just to show the Arch or something.. You could probably remove that and open the area up. IMG_1010.JPG

Call (928) 846-9611 if you want to see it in person.. While you are here come up the street and have some of this beer in my fridge that I can't drink.. LOL

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is going to bring us to the Master Bedroom, Laundry Room, Garage and Lot.. and I'm going to show you why I REALLY LIKE this house..

The master Bedroom is good sized with a seperate bahroom and walk in closet.
IMG_1012.JPG

This photo is taken backwards at the door you just walked through. There is an inset with a triple mirror deal. You could either leave it or do something else with it.
IMG_1013.JPG

Walking into the master bathroom, you can see there is a little prep area for girls to do their make up etc..

IMG_1015.JPG

Now looking to your left there is a large square jacuzzi tub, that also is a shower.
IMG_1016.JPG IMG_1019.JPG

Across from the bathroom is a large walk in closet
IMG_1014.JPG

In the back yard looking at the Atrium deal where the window to the master bath opens up to (master bath is behind that and to the right 90 degrees)

IMG_1020.JPG
Looking Left this is the size of hte back yard (HUGE)

IMG_1021.JPG
Walking around the house to the right (up the street) you can see the lot opens up and again is huge.

IMG_1022.JPG
Walking around to the left side of the house (down the street) You can drive your truck along side the house on the white gravel it is that wide. Same as the red gravel down below. You could level the Lot and have RV Parking with slides out for days. IMG_1023.JPG

Over View of the backyard. You could put in a retaining wall and fill dirt and raise the back yard about 6' and I believe get lake views from here. (that's what they did with my lot when they built my house and we have a really good view of the lake)

IMG_1024.JPG

Back in the house and heading to the garage you have a seperate Laundry room.

IMG_1025.JPG

Pics of the Garage (26+ feet on the long side. 2 cars wide so you could park a truck and a boat side x side.

IMG_1026.JPG IMG_1028.JPG

I thought this was kind of funny. In the back corner of the garage you can see where they put the jacuzzi pump for the tub in the master bedroom bathroom.

IMG_1027.JPG

Pics from the front of the house panning to show how big the lot is. I didn't even get the corner of the lot in this pic.. It's the lot that keeps on going.

IMG_1029.JPG

Looking down the street, that gravel is 2 cars wide on the other side of Pauls Truck.

IMG_1030.JPG

Your new neighbor across the street MJC, and your about 6 doors down from myself (I hope I this stays on the market long enough that I can buy it, but if I can't, then I hope an RDP'er buys it, because it seems like a lot of potential, for not a lot of money.

Now we have seen the things that I am looking at, and are in my price range. Lets get back to some more budget baller type weekend houses. :)

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Alright back to the Budget Baller weekend houses.. RV Garages and Pools and nicer stuff. :D

At first glance I didn't think much of it, and granted the cabinets are a little old school, but I really liked this house (maybe because it has a garage that dwarfs mine, and the owner has a case of OCD that is AWESOME.. I wish my house / garage looked like his) I actually have the for sale sheet on this one so I can throw some specs on it.

This one is 379,500 / 3 Bdrm / 3 Bath / Garage - Bad Ass..

To start this house is in a baller neighborhood.. Every house on the block was bad ass, but they all had steep driveways. (neighbors house)
IMG_0810.JPG

This house was the only one that had a flat driveway, and was at the end of the cultesac so through traffic isn't a problem if you have kids. It also backs up to a wash, and the back yard is on the side of the house so no nosy neighbor problems.
The house Front View (those doors are 10' tall on the 2 car, and 12' on the RV) IMG_0809.JPG

Looking to the right you have Parking for days (1/2 Acre Lot) IMG_0807.JPG

Entry way walking in IMG_0812.JPG

It opens up immediately to a family room / kitchen IMG_0815.JPG

Kitchen Bar IMG_0816.JPG
Other side looking at Family Room IMG_0817.JPG

Kitchen IMG_0819.JPG

You are going to see a theme with this house throughout that is storage everywhere.. (more storage in this house then any other house on our adventures so far) Double Door Pantry with racks in the doors. IMG_0820.JPG

Second Pantry just to the right of it. IMG_0823.JPG IMG_0822.JPG

Looking at the Living Room. IMG_0813.JPG

Looking down the Hall way off the kitchen (notice the 2 doors on the left that open up to... You guessed it, a huge / wide storage closet (Linen closet). Laundry Room straight ahead. Then another room on the right (double doors)

IMG_0814.JPG

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am uploading these pictures in the order I took them so kind of bear with me.

This is a bedroom that he had setup as a secondary Media room / Office.

IMG_0824.JPG IMG_0825.JPG IMG_0826.JPG IMG_0827.JPG

Bathroom and a cool little knook with more storage in the bathroom (you are going to hear the word Storage a lot on this house..)

IMG_0828.JPG IMG_0829.JPG IMG_0830.JPG

Just outside of the bathroom there is a door with you guessed it.. Another small closet for Storage!

IMG_0831.JPG

Heading down the hall to one of the bedrooms. Note when you are walking around the house you will see these little lights on the walls that light up the floor. It seems to simple, but you are asking yourself right now.. "Damn why don't I have those? I'd never step on a kids toy again at 3:00 in the morning!"

IMG_0836.JPG

Hallway to Bedroom

IMG_0832.JPG IMG_0835.JPG

Decent sized bedrooms IMG_0833.JPG

Nice little Arch detail on the window.. (Also nice that the bedroom window is right next to where your overflow parking is.)
IMG_0834.JPG

Closet IMG_0835.JPG

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How about a double door Storage closet / Coat Closet? (You thought I was kidding when I said a lot of Storage)

IMG_0838.JPG IMG_0839.JPG

This is conveniently located right next to the Laundry room. That has ample cabinets (storage) above the machines.
IMG_0841.JPG IMG_0842.JPG

Laundry room sink
IMG_0843.JPG

On the opposite side of the Washer and Dryer is a folding area and Above and Below cabinets for more storage.

IMG_0840.JPG

This is another Bedroom that was kind of a hang out room / media room.
IMG_0837.JPG

Now we are going out to the Garage. When you go out there is a little L shaped stair case that takes you down to ground level. I shot this pic from that Stair case of the Patio furniture that is put in between where the garages would come together. There is no center wall, so there is width for days and really opens up Storage possibilities. The two car side is 24' Deep, the RV is 54' Deep.

IMG_0844.JPG IMG_0845.JPG IMG_0846.JPG IMG_0848.JPG IMG_0849.JPG IMG_0847.JPG IMG_0850.JPG

And now for your BONUS full bathroom in the garage complete with Shower.
IMG_0851.JPG IMG_0852.JPG

The garage is swamp cooled, and has 50 Amp plugs for a Welder / RV, 30 amp plugs for a compressor, and Two 50 Amp plugs outside for RV's.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
This house is on my street (Mariner) and directly across the street from MJC's house. This is EXACTLY the type of house that I will be buying when I am ready to pull the trigger. (If I hadn't just committed cubic dollars to these boat tests, I'd probably be trying to work this one right now just due to the close proximity of my house) The Lot is HUGE. It already has a boat deep garage. While the house isn't "Baller" it certainly is livable and most certainly RENTABLE to Weekenders, or even a family long term for the winter months etc.. Plenty of room to add on RV Garages, Pool(s), Ponds or whatever ya want..

In short, this house kicks the living shit out of the house right above this one, and this one is listed for 149,000 and it is TURN KEY. From the outside it just looks like an average little Havasu House.

View attachment 359747

The inside has new paint, and some cheap ass (but new) appliances, as well as new carpet etc.. The house was lost to the bank by the previous owner and they just fixed it up to get some more resale out of it.
View attachment 359759

View attachment 359749

The one thing that impressed me about this house is it's depth. Every room was pretty large for a house of this era, and you didn't feel "closed in."
View attachment 359748

Even though it is old school, it has arched drywall. You could have someone Bull nose that on the cheap and it would improve the looks and modernize the house quickly.
View attachment 359750

It has a ton of these little features that you can tell would have been "baller" back in the day for a Desert House.. The insets into the walls etc..
View attachment 359751

One of the bedrooms (ditch the light and put a fan in)

View attachment 359752

Decent sized closets View attachment 359753

Bathroom is nice enough to get by or you could remodel it

View attachment 359754 View attachment 359755

Another guest Bedroom
View attachment 359756

Closet
View attachment 359757

Walking back out to the Kitchen.. I think I took this pic just to show the Arch or something.. You could probably remove that and open the area up. View attachment 359758

Call (928) 846-9611 if you want to see it in person.. While you are here come up the street and have some of this beer in my fridge that I can't drink.. LOL

I can turn both of these houses into dream homes. You've got my attention RD!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Since we are in the RV Garage and it's right next to the pool, I swung out there and then went back inside to check out the Master Bedroom.

The Door Walking out of the garage.
IMG_0853.JPG

Like I said earlier, I really like the way this guy operates. He made a backyard that is good for entertaining, but it didn't take up much of the lot. He has a path way leading you back, that passes a night time sitting area on the left.

IMG_0857.JPG

Sitting area
IMG_0859.JPG

To the right there is a Picnic Table Lunch area

IMG_0858.JPG

Then it opens up to this pool with a long Baja shelf
IMG_0860.JPG IMG_0856.JPG

That's the view from the Backyard.

IMG_0861.JPG

Just Outside of the Pool fence there is another little night time hang out with two fire pits. One up closer to the house, and another fire pit, where the tree trimmings and weeds are burned.

You can see the first fire pit here looking back at the house.
IMG_0855.JPG

Second Lower level fire pit, with a metal fire pit near it as well to burn other things.

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG IMG_0854.JPG

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Last the Master Bedroom which I think you will find has a ton of Storage.

The only thing I didn't like in this guys whole house was his furniture arrangement in the Master. It seemed like everything else fit perfectly, and then he just kind of randomly through these in a corner.

IMG_0863.JPG

The rest of it was bad ass though.

IMG_0862.JPG

Walk in Closet
IMG_0865.JPG
IMG_0866.JPG

Walking into Master Bathroom IMG_0864.JPG IMG_0868.JPG

Another Storage closet in the master bathroom. (Last one I promise) IMG_0867.JPG

Walk In Master Shower IMG_0870.JPG IMG_0869.JPG IMG_0871.JPG

So long story short if you have a ton of stuff that is cluttering your house up.. I can pretty much guarantee (short of a legit Hoarder) this place has enough storage for you.. LOL I really liked this house, but if you wanted to update it you would have to redo the cabinets to something darker etc.. Overall though I thought it was a bitchen house, and good for entertaining.

RD

Paul65k

Reaction score
Alright so this is another one that I think is a little overpriced.. It is literally 2 doors away from my house on the cultesac (Nimrod). It is listed for 129,900.. I think if you got it for 100.. Moved a wall or two, and revamped for less then 20K in you could have a cool little house. The garage is not boat deep, but the lot is deep, so you might be able to do something there if you were looking to drop some serious cash and not get it back on resale.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time writing the tour of the house because it didn't interest me much, so I don't expect it would interest anybody on here.. Here is the picture tour of 129,900 on Nimrod.

View attachment 359722
As I said to Dave.....I do not think this house makes much sense at all for anything more than lot value.......this house is sitting on a lot with ~$45K in value max and anything close to $100K would be a big mistake with the other options available in town.......my .02

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So the last house wasn't "old" but it wasn't new either.. Upping the Budget to 409,000 for a 2014. 3 Bedroom / 3 Bath / RV Garage / Bad Ass Back Yard.

Looking at Brand new houses with zero furniture in them, I have a hard time imagining living in them. For some reason it's easier for me to picture living in a place when it has been lived in before.. So I wouldn't expect in depth descriptions on this house like the last one. I'll let the Pics for the most part speak for themselves.

Front of House
IMG_0872.JPG

Cool little sitting area / courtyard

IMG_0875.JPG IMG_0874.JPG

Walking in Front door

IMG_0876.JPG

Looking Left there's a fireplace (the only reason I mention it, is A LOT OF HOUSES INCLUDING MINE DON'T HAVE FIREPLACES OUT HERE)

IMG_0877.JPG

Kitchen Island IMG_0881.JPG

Kitchen (note Pantry door on left) IMG_0879.JPG

Pantry IMG_0882.JPG

Kitchen take 2 IMG_0880.JPG

Not sure why or how, but the first thing I walked into was the Laundry Room.

IMG_0900.JPG IMG_0883.JPG

The next thing I walked into across the way was the Master.

IMG_0884.JPG IMG_0885.JPG IMG_0886.JPG
Door leading to Back yard.
IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0890.JPG IMG_0888.JPG IMG_0893.JPG IMG_0889.JPG IMG_0892.JPG IMG_0891.JPG IMG_0894.JPG

Master Closet

IMG_0897.JPG IMG_0896.JPG IMG_0895.JPG

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I can turn both of these houses into dream homes. You've got my attention RD!

The first one would be a kind of a nightmare, and you are overlooking a kind of Sanford and Son above ground pool deal right next door.

The second one for 149, would be my pick of the two by far... Lots is at least twice the size (I think it's actually bigger then my lot actually and I have a big ass LOT.. LOL)

On Breaking Bad it was Better Call Saul.. On RDP it's better call Paul.. ;) :D

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Moving forward with our 409,000 house

Being a Split Plan I found myself wanting to see the garage (Call it a dude thing, but I always want to see if they are bigger then mine or not.. LOL)

This one has got me on the depth at 66' on the RV, but it's 14 wide. (Mine is 21 x 51) and their 2 car is 24' Deep (mine is 28 I think).. I'm not gonna do the math on it, but it's close.

The garage is finished out nice, and you could put a decent sized boat hooked to a truck in the RV no problems. ( I put my 21 hooked to my Crew Cab Silverado in my 51 with 5' to spare.. so on a 66' you can do the math on that)

IMG_0901.JPG IMG_0904.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG IMG_0902.JPG

Now over to the other side of the house with the other 2 Bedrooms. :)

Hallway
IMG_0907.JPG

Hallway Closet
IMG_0908.JPG

Bedroom
IMG_0909.JPG IMG_0910.JPG IMG_0911.JPG

Bathroom (note the door leading to the outside)
IMG_0912.JPG IMG_0917.JPG IMG_0913.JPG IMG_0914.JPG IMG_0915.JPG IMG_0916.JPG

This door takes you right out to the pool.
IMG_0918.JPG

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Which takes us over to the 3rd Bathroom and 3rd Bedroom. There is another exit to the back yard here as well.

IMG_0931.JPG IMG_0921.JPG IMG_0922.JPG IMG_0923.JPG IMG_0924.JPG IMG_0925.JPG IMG_0926.JPG IMG_0927.JPG IMG_0928.JPG IMG_0929.JPG IMG_0930.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0920.JPG
    IMG_0920.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 15

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So far you are thinking, it's just a nice Havasu House with an RV Garage.. I could see 330.. Where's the 409?

How about Billy Bad Ass Backyard / Pool / Block Wall? First Pic is opening the master Bedroom door (angle)

IMG_0932.JPG IMG_0933.JPG IMG_0934.JPG

I thought this was pretty cool, they put a smaller block wall to hide the pool equipment, and it leaves a huge area to store all the Pool toys, and BS that comes with a Pool.. LOL IMG_0935.JPG IMG_0936.JPG

Deep Covered Patio IMG_0937.JPG

Patio is prewired for Fans, and has built in Can lights (and I believe Audio as well)
IMG_0938.JPG

I took these two pics to show all the access points to the back yard. There is the main exit, the master, the bathroom, and the RV Garage.
IMG_0939.JPG IMG_0940.JPG

Walking out of the RV Garaage
IMG_0905.JPG

When we were leaving it occurred to me that I never took a pic of the flooring and I liked the tile so that's what this is.

IMG_0942.JPG

That's a 2014 400,000 dollar house in Havasu. Personally I'd grind em a bit, but I don't know how far you'd get with it.

RD

TCHB

Reaction score
Seems like the kitchen is small with limited counter tops.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Seems like the kitchen is small with limited counter tops.

I agree, that was kind of the downfall of that house..

I like hearing what people have to say about all these houses that I'm uploading.. Their not mine, and I'm not selling them so it would be interesting to hear what members think are the pro's and con's of each.

Personally even though that last house was new, I'd take the house previous to it at the end of the cultesac if I was looking in the 380 - 410 price range. I just think it was a lot more house. You could restain the cabinets, and be in business.

RD