WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

whats it worth? 2001 f350 crew lariat

czarmarz

Reaction score
I have a interesting truck that i'm going to be putting up for sale here soon, it's a 2001 f350 lariat 4x4 crew cab 7.3 with about 125k miles this truck was ordered by a good friend of mine from ford with all the options but he wanted the trans & transfer case to all be manual. He wanted a stout rig to pull his families 5th wheel around. I purchased it 2 years ago with 105k miles, I went though the whole truck and replaced the up pipes, new injectors, southbend clutch, dp tuner installed, new moog bushings, new brakes, calipers, rotors, new 20" rims with 35" tires less than 5k miles ago. Its a perfect towing vehicle to get the boat to the lake. I just moved with a lake about 10 mins away and have to many truck right now. What do you think I can ask for this rig,

Attachments

• IMG_2268.jpg
    IMG_2268.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 32

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Where are you located?

I'm looking for a truck just like that except not sure if I'd want to deal with stick shift.

Based on what I'm seeing in Auto Trader in So Cal, I'd say between $15K and $18K. Going to be hard to sell with a manual trans. I might be a player if it's priced right (and if it is somewhat local).

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I think the manual trans might take some value away, but the manual transfer case is a plus to the right person. With low miles like that and it seems to be pretty well kept, depending on the interior and exterior condition, I think its worth about $20k. Check out autotrader and see what others with that low of miles are selling for, its hard to find an 01 that doesn't have 250k miles.

welldigger00

Reaction score
See, I think just the opposite about a stick shift. The manual trans is far superior than the automatic. It will last as long as the engine. It may make a lot of racket, and fall out of gear, but just like the engine, you can count on getting home when you leave. This is a great truck, I had a 95 that I really regret selling. I predict that in the not too distant future, these will be a collector item like a chevelle, or cuda. The way that all of the manufacturers have gone with the full size diesel 4x4's has taken all of the reliability and durability out of them, if I had the cash, and a place to keep it, I'd buy it. It will go up in value.

wash11

Reaction score
See, I think just the opposite about a stick shift. The manual trans is far superior than the automatic. It will last as long as the engine. It may make a lot of racket, and fall out of gear, but just like the engine, you can count on getting home when you leave. This is a great truck, I had a 95 that I really regret selling. I predict that in the not too distant future, these will be a collector item like a chevelle, or cuda. The way that all of the manufacturers have gone with the full size diesel 4x4's has taken all of the reliability and durability out of them, if I had the cash, and a place to keep it, I'd buy it. It will go up in value.

This^^^. I'd pay more for the manual transmission option.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
A manual may reduce the number of people who will consider the truck, but it will likely increase the value of the truck overall because it's somewhat rare.

cb5505

Reaction score
I would say the manual transmission is far better then the automatic. You might have some problems with buyers that really no nothing about towing but real gear heads will know how awesome manual is. Glwts

XX14

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that NADA prices it out a $14,500. Of course that doesn't give you credit for all of the maintenance you've done.

wash11

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that NADA prices it out a $14,500. Of course that doesn't give you credit for all of the maintenance you've done.

Low mileage 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 F350 hard loaded with a manual trans.............. None of the books nail the real value on this one. If $14500 is the sellers real number I've got a stack of $100 bills ready and will make the deal tonight. No joke, PM me and I'll be there in 4 hours.

XX14

Reaction score
It's definitely worth more than that. It just highlights the fact that whoever buys it probably can't finance it.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Low mileage 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 F350 hard loaded with a manual trans.............. None of the books nail the real value on this one. If $14500 is the sellers real number I've got a stack of $100 bills ready and will make the deal tonight. No joke, PM me and I'll be there in 4 hours.

I was thinking the same thing.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
It's definitely worth more than that. It just highlights the fact that whoever buys it probably can't finance it.

You just have to hunt around a bit. Most credit unions will finance it whereas other banks will look at that blue book value. Ran into that same problem buying my 7.3 last year, just had to go to a different bank, financed 100% no questions asked haha.

That does scare me about insurance though as my ins company is very by the blue book so if anything happens to mine I may end up getting F'ed. Looking around Autotrader, this truck should sell for $20-22k.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I'd ask 20k if it was mine. But then again...

If it was mine, I wouldn't be selling it. And I'd get rid of those wheels...

:D

Nice truck. :thumbsup

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
You just have to hunt around a bit. Most credit unions will finance it whereas other banks will look at that blue book value. Ran into that same problem buying my 7.3 last year, just had to go to a different bank, financed 100% no questions asked haha.

That does scare me about insurance though as my ins company is very by the blue book so if anything happens to mine I may end up getting F'ed. Looking around Autotrader, this truck should sell for $20-22k.

My credit union would finance it. :thumbsup

There are a number of cars that sell for significantly higher than bluebook. 7.3s and the other well known one is the VW TDIs, especially the golf and jettas. Those things don't sell any where near blue book. The dealers that sell them have finance companies that finance them with no issues. Again, my credit union would do it too.

Notalent

Reaction score
I bought a 2002 F250 4x4 7.3 with 140K miles on it last year...absolutley clean. Had my buddy STVKEITH look at it for me since it was in Vegas and im in Dallas now...said it was pristine...jumped on a plane the next day with the $ to buy it...paid 14500 for it completley stock, cloth interior and new BFG Mud Terrains. I didnt want leather, but got a steal of a deal...truck hasnt missed a beat, pulls my race car trailer nicely and after adding a Beans tuner shes a beast.

I have been looking at selling as I have seen our trucks going for $18k+ around the country...and want the ammenties of a newer truck. I think you could get 18-22k and like stated, some credit unions will allow financing. Mine had no mileage or year cap and got 2.5% apr!!!!!! :eek

NT

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I bought a 2002 F250 4x4 7.3 with 140K miles on it last year...absolutley clean. Had my buddy STVKEITH look at it for me since it was in Vegas and im in Dallas now...said it was pristine...jumped on a plane the next day with the $ to buy it...paid 14500 for it completley stock, cloth interior and new BFG Mud Terrains. I didnt want leather, but got a steal of a deal...truck hasnt missed a beat, pulls my race car trailer nicely and after adding a Beans tuner shes a beast.

I have been looking at selling as I have seen our trucks going for $18k+ around the country...and want the ammenties of a newer truck. I think you could get 18-22k and like stated, some credit unions will allow financing. Mine had no mileage or year cap and got 2.5% apr!!!!!! :eek

NT

Haha I bought my 2002 7.3 last year in vegas too! Only 116k miles, but a ton of upgrades. If/when I sell mine I'll probably buy my dads 7.3 which has been garage kept since day 1, full Banks package, and 70k miles...it still smells new.

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
Assuming the truck is as clean as it looks in the pics, it's a 18-20k truck. People definitely want the ZF6, and they really want crew cab short beds (you didn't say bed length). I was dead set on getting a ZF6 truck, but then I found my auto truck for too good of a deal to pass up.