WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

learn me about the 245

tkrrox

Reaction score
there is a clean 245 on Hallett's website...is it the same hull as the 240? a good all around boat? this one has a 454 mag in it...is that enough power for this pig or will she be underpowered? it's a 1999 model...

Runs2rch

Reaction score
They only built a handful of them. First integrated swim step attempt. From what I have heard they did not ride or perform well. Reason why only a few were built. I think the one you are looking at with the B3 would perform okay. Probably the reason they put the B3 on it. Power wise it would be okay.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Hallett only built around 10 of these (1998-2000) before coming out with the 255 in 2001 and was only available in a Mid-Cabin Open Bow setup. Where as the 240 and 250 Stepped-Bottom (1997-2001), built at the same time, were available in either Closed Bow or Open Bow.

If you look at the height of the hull sides on the 245 they're significantly taller than the 240 or 255, and while the Hallett Brass would never confirm this, I always suspected that the 245 was a shortened 270. Had it been a 240 I believe that the integral swim platform would be much lower to the water.

I've never been in one but, the word is the boat has horrible sea-characteristics & poor handling.

IMHO, for what it is, at $26.9k, the boat is over priced.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Good friend had one a few years ago. On two separate occasions it rolled on its side and didn't recover when crossing a wake near parallel, as in passing another boat. His family was nearly thrown out of the boat as they held on until the power was backed off and the boat would recover. After the second time his wife and kids refused to ride in it. He contacted Hallet and they were far from helpful and did not acknowledge any design issues, blaming it on his inability to drive a deep v hull. He started learning about similar stories for the boat via the internet and put it up for sale. I am pretty sure the boat on the Hallet site is the same boat, it was white with purple and blue fades.

tkrrox

Reaction score
good to know looks like i'm gonna stay away...thanks