WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kawi new Terek

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Dude, the only word I recognized in the title was "new". I'm guessing Kawi is short for Kawasaki, but even a google search couldn't do anything for "terek". Slow down, take a step back from the energy drinks and form a complete post. :D:D:D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Dude, the only word I recognized in the title was "new". I'm guessing Kawi is short for Kawasaki, but even a google search couldn't do anything for "terek". Slow down, take a step back from the energy drinks and form a complete post. :D:D:D

I knew exactly what Gary was talking about. :D
________
ELECTRIC CIGARETTES

Last edited:

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
It's the Teryx, but I haven't heard any info yet.

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
It's the Teryx, but I haven't heard any info yet.

Looks like they just parked a Rhino in their engineering department and copied parts piece by piece...

09b3a17f-1fc2-4301-814f-595bb736dfd3.jpg

67bbc30f-af05-4d5d-95ee-f8ac11129aa3.jpg

GET SOME

Reaction score
Looks like they just parked a Rhino in their engineering department and copied parts piece by piece...

09b3a17f-1fc2-4301-814f-595bb736dfd3.jpg

67bbc30f-af05-4d5d-95ee-f8ac11129aa3.jpg

On the + side it has a 750 V-twin. Should out preform the rhino. I wish they would of taken the time and put EFI and power steering.

Garrddogg

Reaction score

Ya just gotsta be in the know, Bro!

wheres my monster?:joke

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I don't think they wanted the Power steering or the FI as a marketing issue for the following year. However I think they will be well worth the wait if you wanna buy a new toy, however the parts will be far far behind as very few have been released to the shops for custom stuff, EVO LongTravelRhino I believe got one of the very few they did pass around so he will be ahead of most but I think It will take a year or two to work the flaw's out...

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We're looking at them closely.

They'll be peppy and be able to do performance slides, drifts and donuts.
They have rack and pinion steering, a BFD.

It sounds like a Harley.

Also, they have a lockable driveline which is huge in the sand.
The only time I ever dealt with that kinda set-up was with Cat Earthmovers in the Marines and I distinctly remember that system is the shit. It rocks. As good as it gets.

A big aftermarket SxS supplier here in Simi is already tooling up for the Kawai, and it's told by the dealers that Kawai is in touch with other aftermarket suppliers too.

Aftermarket performance items are a very weak point with Kawai.
It's the reason their KFX 450's are dying on the showroom floor IMHO.

This morning :
I got laid twice +
Alice gave me the green lite to buy the Kawai and a RzR.

Life is good for now - must be chix weiner week.

Everyone will be welcome to visit our camp and try them both out.

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
I just saw a commercial on tv for them. Pretty funny, two guys ride back to the middle of nowhere, and there is some hick with a banjo (takeoff on Deliverance). Then it shows the guys high tailing it out, and the hick says "sure is purdy". :D

Kanzalez

Reaction score
...but i've been driving with one and riding in the kawi for months.
index.cfm

The are better at some stuff as a Rhino and the same in others. The clutch pack locking diff setup is way cool and works on the fly. Elka already engineered shocks for them. And since my carburated 07 rino with BRP box runs away from the FI Rhino and the Kawi runs away from me, I would not sweat the FI issue much. Feel free to ask me questions, I'll tell you what i know. Good product. Styled alot like a Rhino but they are not a Rhino. 4 inches wider stock for starters.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
...but i've been driving with one and riding in the kawi for months.
index.cfm

The are better at some stuff as a Rhino and the same in others. The clutch pack locking diff setup is way cool and works on the fly. Elka already engineered shocks for them. And since my carburated 07 rino with BRP box runs away from the FI Rhino and the Kawi runs away from me, I would not sweat the FI issue much. Feel free to ask me questions, I'll tell you what i know. Good product. Styled alot like a Rhino but they are not a Rhino. 4 inches wider stock for starters.

Is it more fun to drive compaired to the Rhino,, R & P steering response better,, stock ride quality?

Kanzalez

Reaction score
Is it more fun to drive compaired to the Rhino,, R & P steering response better,, stock ride quality?

The one i've been in and ridden with and around is not stock. The motor is and does just fine. Lots and lots of torque so if you like that bottom hit you'll be happy. This one has the very first set of Elka shocks, pre-runner cage with waist bulge including body panels, Holder offroad LED lighst (simply the best lights there is - not even soltek can compare) sparco seats and momo wheel and 27 inch wheel/tire combo. So to answer that question I'd have to say steering response better than what? Shocks will impact steering and ride quality so it is hard to answer.:)

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
I'm shocked that with all the "issues" Yamaha has had, that the new Kawi doesn't come with doors or some type of leg/foot restraint (at least the one in their commercial doesn't have any).

Kanzalez

Reaction score
The new Kawi will come stock with full adjustable shocks that are pretty good. i've been around the Elkas on my buddy's so i forgot about that fact.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I'm shocked that with all the "issues" Yamaha has had, that the new Kawi doesn't come with doors or some type of leg/foot restraint (at least the one in their commercial doesn't have any).

The Kawasaki has a deeper footwell.

Kawai announced today just the base mod will be released first, no date set yet on the LE.

Garrddogg

Reaction score
GOT THE CALL AND ITS IN THE WAREHOUSE!! COUPLE MORE DAYS :D

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Have a buddy that works for Elka. Says they are awesome! way more bottom end snap than the Rhino. Guess they have some funky Governor limiting the speed that WILL NEED to be replaced.

Was at ALBA in Poway yesterday, they have about 8 new 700 rhino's just sitting there. Think alot of people are waiting to see this new Kawi in action.

Kanzalez

Reaction score
The Kawasaki has a deeper footwell.

Kawai announced today just the base mod will be released first, no date set yet on the LE.

It is a sticky thing legally. Yamaha got their ass sued many times, thus the doors. By adding the doors Yamaha has admitted a safety issue and is now actually more liable but the ride is safer so they've made a calculated risk decision. What this does to the other big four (Honda, Kawi, Suzuki, Yamaha if you count Polaris that's Big 5) is that as they enter the market they have to decide if they want to acknowledge the issue and become liable and try to add measures like doors to lower their exposure to legal action by doing so you admit a danger. Kawi will at some point probably add doors but since they are deeper and four inches wider they are more stable and may see what happens with roll over frequency. I know all this because my close friend is the product development guy. Which is why i've had access to the Kawi for so long.

Kanzalez

Reaction score
Have a buddy that works for Elka. Says they are awesome! way more bottom end snap than the Rhino. Guess they have some funky Governor limiting the speed that WILL NEED to be replaced.

Was at ALBA in Poway yesterday, they have about 8 new 700 rhino's just sitting there. Think alot of people are waiting to see this new Kawi in action.

They all have a governor limiting speed. most are electrical i suspect the Kawi is the same so when the cdi comes out that won't be an issue.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I cannot believe JORDY did not say anything about the new TeryX I showed him Today...

brewzed

Reaction score
I took a look at one of these today over at Custom Motorsports. Same color green as the rhino, if you took the fender flares off of the bed it would be identical to the rhino even down to the tie downs. Cage is basically identical to the rhino. The dash switch from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive is kind of goofy. The adjustable front locker is kind of goofy, just something to fail and you have two sticks between the seats, the shifter and the adjustment lever. I much prefer having the switch, so it's either locked or not. It looks as if they went to all the Yamaha vendors and said "we want that too". I like the V-twin, but I don't care for the dual throttle bodies, I also like the battery below the drivers seat and they did beef up the frame where the a-arms are mounted. It will be good for the Kawi fans.