WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Temple Bar, 1984

PrimeCut

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397154711.107010.jpg

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
Wow, that is crazy. I was at Powell that year and the water was at an all-time high from what I remember. It was my first tip to Powell.:thumbup:

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
I remember having to dive down to get to the tie spike at the end of wishing well

Runs2rch

Reaction score
In 86 it was still like this. I remember eating at the restaurant and water was right up to the door. Sad now. How low it is.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
95% of the trees in the trailer park are gone, removed in the mid-90s, by Seven Crowns Resorts & the NPS. A guy was hired to cut down all the trees in the park & removed the stumps. When he completed about 75% of the job, he asked for the balance due... He got paid, loaded up his tools and was never seen or heard from again. For almost 20 years we had stumps where the trees were, because SCR wanted to charge each trailer owner an astronomical amount per-stump to be removed in an effort to recoup their losses. While the trees did provide nice shade in the summer, I don't miss the cotton balls in the spring, the leaves in the fall.

The parking situation during the high water levels was a pain, the paved parking lot was full, the dirt lot between the fishing cabins and the front row of trailers full. We'd launch the boat, park the car & boat-trailer under the awning and take the short walk back down to the water. Some where my grandmother has pictures of launching the boat literally between the restaurant and ice house.

Right now the water level is about where it was in 2010, but not as low as it was in 2009, so a good sized section of the new launch ramp is still submerged.

Waterheater

Reaction score
I remember going to Overton with my parents back then. They had a little store / restaurant there and the water was almost to the roof.

Pelon

Reaction score
I remember going to Overton with my parents back then. They had a little store / restaurant there and the water was almost to the roof.

I was there. That was my first trip to Lake Mead. I didn't go to Temple Bar until they moved the marina from Overton. I was out at T Bar last weekend working on the boat. I was actually surprised at the activity there. Nothing like Havasu, but there were cars in the parking lot and trucks and trailers on the launch ramp. Last few years when we were up at springtime it was very quiet.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I wondered if that might be you! I found that link off a thread in iboats.

It is, my grandfather was the one recording & narrating the video. About 10 years ago my dad started converting all the VHS tapes to digital format. There were originally 3 videos posted to the TBTVA FB page, and thankfully he edited.

Waterheater

Reaction score
Did anyone go out and watch the water going over the spill way at the dam? That was a sight to see. I still remember watching the crap trying to swim away as they got sucked over the spill way and down the tunnel.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Thank you again!! I have pictures, but never took video. So cool, brings back so many good memories. They had the whole cove blocked off then, you couldn't even get close with a boat.

You're very welcome. In college I acquired a bunch of digital bw pictures taken by an unknown photographer of Temple Bar and Lake Mead in from the mid-40s to about the mid-60s, and have been meaning to post those for years :D

I had a bunch of them professionally printed (ala Kinkos) to be framed and hung up in the trailer, but they got tossed because they were no "family members" in them. I can count on 1 hand the number of people who've stopped to look at the random family pictures with obscure backgrounds from 19whothefuckcares! :rolleyes

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Memories...crazy... I remember the sandbags at the restaurant. Family had a trailer there for years. Spent every Summer there.

PrimeCut

Reaction score
Wow, that is crazy. I was at Powell that year and the water was at an all-time high from what I remember. It was my first tip to Powell.:thumbup:

I'll have to find the picture, but I think it was late 70's we parked the boat almost under Rainbow Bridge and got a picture of it.

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
I'll have to find the picture, but I think it was late 70's we parked the boat almost under Rainbow Bridge and got a picture of it.

Yep, we swam under the bridge as many others were doing until the park ranger told us the Indians found it disrespectful to do so. It was crazy to see the water that high compared to how it is now.