The Masheenest
Reaction score
Don't be scared, you racist?

Think Cajun.

Brian

WTRR

Not On The Boat
Reaction score
It's an Asian dealeo. Saw them coking black chicken on Chopped.

It's supposed to be some kind of new tasty super chicken.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Yep, that's where I saw it! They opened a new market down the street from the shop. Green Farm Market. I figure it's one of those trendy whole foods kinna stores, so I go in and check it out. Shocker, I was the only white guy in there!! It's all Asian, very few products in there with american writing on em.

Live lobster. Live fish tanks. Live crab. And fresh fish all laid out on ice. Looked like Redondo Beach Pier back in the old days.

Never heard of a black chicken though...

Tryo has been busy lately! :D

WTRR

Not On The Boat
Reaction score
If KFC gets a hold of these black chickens....

Advantage 1

Reaction score

Chinese medicinal cures have been touted for years as some of the best homeopathic remedies ever created. As early as the 13th century, black chickens were reported in China, and have been used in Chinese medicine for well over 1,000 years. Recently popular in American cuisine, the black chicken is now considered a "superfood".

The theory of "superfood" status for the black chicken is related to the bird's high levels of anti-oxidants. An anti-oxidant is a molecule that slows down the oxidation of other chemicals in the human body. Although oxidation is essential to human life, antioxidants help to keep the process at a healthy level. The specific antioxidant present in black chickens is carnosine.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Yep, that's where I saw it! They opened a new market down the street from the shop. Green Farm Market. I figure it's one of those trendy whole foods kinna stores, so I go in and check it out. Shocker, I was the only white guy in there!! It's all Asian, very few products in there with american writing on em.

Live lobster. Live fish tanks. Live crab. And fresh fish all laid out on ice. Looked like Redondo Beach Pier back in the old days.

Never heard of a black chicken though...

Tryo has been busy lately! :D

Asian markets tend to have rather large selections of seafood. Lots of variety that you just don't see at traditional grocery stores.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Can anyone explain this to me??

Mobster, them thar black chikkens can usually be had at most Chinese food stores. Chinese women folk swear by them black hens fer all kinds of female problems. I et a few of 'em rite after she give birf to our little pride n joy name Saliner. She et a few more afterin' she had that thar historectolotomy and she even fed me one after I had the snip snip done on the old trouser snake.

I'll bet one of them thar Chinese wimmin you tawked about that wuz so cold to Wenyan might nose whar you kin git uh black chikken. As fer a sea cucumber, that sounds a mite nasty to me. I'm a wonderin' ifin' it's a plant or some kind uh shell feesh likes uh krab or uh snail -

I checked my catalogue of blow up sea creatures, and they a'int got no sea cucumber in thar - and in my book, ifin' you cain't make a likeness of it into an inflatable sex toy, well then, it must not be much good fer anythaing anywaze.....

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Mobster, them thar black chikkens can usually be had at most Chinese food stores. Chinese women folk swear by them black hens fer all kinds of female problems. I et a few of 'em rite after she give birf to our little pride n joy name Saliner. She et a few more afterin' she had that thar historectolotomy and she even fed me one after I had the snip snip done on the old trouser snake.

I'll bet one of them thar Chinese wimmin you tawked about that wuz so cold to Wenyan might nose whar you kin git uh black chikken. As fer a sea cucumber, that sounds a mite nasty to me. I'm a wonderin' ifin' it's a plant or some kind uh shell feesh likes uh krab or uh snail -

I checked my catalogue of blow up sea creatures, and they a'int got no sea cucumber in thar - and in my book, ifin' you cain't make a likeness of it into an inflatable sex toy, well then, it must not be much good fer anythaing anywaze.....

Who are you...

And what have you done with Wheeler?!?!?

WTRR

Not On The Boat
Reaction score
Chinese medicinal cures have been touted for years as some of the best homeopathic remedies ever created. As early as the 13th century, black chickens were reported in China, and have been used in Chinese medicine for well over 1,000 years. Recently popular in American cuisine, the black chicken is now considered a "superfood".

The theory of "superfood" status for the black chicken is related to the bird's high levels of anti-oxidants. An anti-oxidant is a molecule that slows down the oxidation of other chemicals in the human body. Although oxidation is essential to human life, antioxidants help to keep the process at a healthy level. The specific antioxidant present in black chickens is carnosine.

Looks like all that stuff didn't help the chicken that much. :D :D

I'll get my anti-oxidants the old fashioned way...from beer and steak...

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
How about some of this shit that I came across in a local market?????? :eek

IMG_20140301_121450728.jpg

IMG_20140301_121208055.jpg

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Your daughter will date that chicken when she turns 18, and their won't be much you can do about it. :eek

:D

sorry dog

Reaction score
When I was living in Shenzhen the local Walmart chicken isle had more black than white. They where right next to the "pet" departmart bunny rabbits and kittens. Of course that wasn't exactly like the neighborhood Walmart with Sam's Choice Ham or Turkey cold cuts.

By the way, when you walk in the average seafood restaurant in China you are greeted by a cafeteria line of 50 aquariums that looks more like a pet store. When you point at the fish, or clam, or squid, or whatever then there is a little Jackie Chan looking fella with a net that snatches up the EXACT fish that you pointed at .... and it's making steam on your plate 10 minutes later.