WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WINNABAGO... OLD SCHOOL... THE NEW COOL???

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
LOOKS LIKE WINNABAGO is bring'n back the old school look....

http://www.gowinnebago.com/products/2015/brave/

sneak.jpg

The ’Brow is Back!

In the late ’60s and ’70s, there was no mistaking a Winnebago? motorhome. The Flying W and iconic “eyebrow” design were cutting paths to fun and adventure from coast to coast. It was the coach that made America fall in love with motorhomes. Well, it is time to fall in love again. The new Winnebago Brave? breathes new life into the legendary design, giving you the opportunity to relive your childhood memories with the next generation of young motorhome enthusiasts. Beyond appearance, the new Brave is loaded with today’s best features and offered in two versatile floorplans fit for weekend getaways or extended trips. While you won’t find one for the $4,000 price of the original, it is priced to fit within a growing family’s budget. Stand out. Be brave. The new Winnebago Brave.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
LOOKS LIKE WINNABAGO is bring'n back the old school look....

http://www.gowinnebago.com/products/2015/brave/

View attachment 328843

The ?Brow is Back!

In the late ?60s and ?70s, there was no mistaking a Winnebago? motorhome. The Flying W and iconic ?eyebrow? design were cutting paths to fun and adventure from coast to coast. It was the coach that made America fall in love with motorhomes. Well, it is time to fall in love again. The new Winnebago Brave? breathes new life into the legendary design, giving you the opportunity to relive your childhood memories with the next generation of young motorhome enthusiasts. Beyond appearance, the new Brave is loaded with today?s best features and offered in two versatile floorplans fit for weekend getaways or extended trips. While you won?t find one for the $4,000 price of the original, it is priced to fit within a growing family?s budget. Stand out. Be brave. The new Winnebago Brave.

No thanks. Seems to be this push to bring back the old styles. Few of them ever work.
Some styles were just made to remain history. This is one of them.

It would feel like Cousin Eddie is parked on the side of my house lol.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
This is my all time favorite model. My grandparents and my parents had one of these when I was growing up. I would buy one in a heartbeat! :thumbup:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
This is my all time favorite model. My grandparents and my parents had one of these when I was growing up. I would buy one in a heartbeat! :thumbup:

hell yeah....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
My folks still have their 72' Chiefton, cool rig every time they go out peopl want to buy it. Great hydralic leveling system stock from 72, close a valve lift a toggel and down go the jacks. there were a lot of ugly rigs in teh 70's, i think this one was pretty cool

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I'll reserve judgement until i can see the inside.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

hell yeah....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This is exactly why they are building this model. Get the ones with income now whose desire will draw on their long ago memories. Marketing 101.
I for one like it:thumbsup:thumbsup:D

Rickybobby

Reaction score
If they made it with a red stripe !!!!!! (dragin my ol tank !!!!) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
here's the floor plan to the 26'r we bought last year...425 hp ... weighs only 14,500lbs wet and loaded ...

walk around rear bedroom. and a split bath/shower.:thumbup:

E26HE-15.jpg

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I wonder what reasonable is?
It's gas counterparts/competition run high 60's to low 100's for size range.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Last I was at our RV dealer the trend is back to big block or larger Cu. In. gasoline engines for the relatively smaller RV's.
They ain't cheap.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Last I was at our RV dealer the trend is back to big block or larger Cu. In. gasoline engines for the relatively smaller RV's.
They ain't cheap.

pretty sure ford v10 is all you can get???

spectras only

Reaction score
This is an older Newmar small moho with tag axle. I'd prefer it to the boxy Winny but that's just me.;)
I think Newmar would do well if they brought it back and replace their Baystar A gasser with this.:thumbsup

161448_Front_3-4_Web.jpg 161448_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Newmar builds a nice coach. That's a neat looking MH, I'd go for one of those over a Class B.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
One thing Winnebago has sorted out well is the basement air, one of the reasons we got one. Thing keeps it ice cold even in summer heat.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

spectras only

Reaction score
The Newaire is rare and pricey, IF you can find one coming up for sale at all;). But, comparing to new small euro style diesels with Mercedes power plants, it's not bad considering it has a tag axle as well. One piece windshield and cool styling, a diesel package that's servicable anywhere, it's a winner in my book.:thumbsup

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
It ain't a real Winnie if it ain't got a "Jumpin' Muskie" sticker on the back.:thumbup:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The more I read about that, the more I like it. 275hp Cummins, decent room inside, hot water heat. No slide, but it would make a really cool cross-country cruiser. Mid-teens on fuel mileage also, another plus.

WHATS THE FLOOR PLAN LIKE....???

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The Newaire is rare and pricey, IF you can find one coming up for sale at all;). But, comparing to new small euro style diesels with Mercedes power plants, it's not bad considering it has a tag axle as well. One piece windshield and cool styling, a diesel package that's servicable anywhere, it's a winner in my book.:thumbsup

THOSE ARE WAY OVER PRICED IN MY BOOK/// you can get a lot of motorhomes for 200k mine was 63k new...and it will out run and out tow

spectras only

Reaction score
THOSE ARE WAY OVER PRICED IN MY BOOK/// you can get a lot of motorhomes for 200k mine was 63k new...and it will out run and out tow
I know you could buy a helluva nice diesel pusher for under 100K. Sometimes smaller is more expensive [ Schiadas come to mind ;) ] than the bigger packages. Lot of people downsizing now a days and don't want a big rig. I myself like them 40+ tag axle models.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I know you could buy a helluva nice diesel pusher for under 100K. Sometimes smaller is more expensive [ Schiadas come to mind ;) ] than the bigger packages. Lot of people downsizing now a days and don't want a big rig. I myself like them 40+ tag axle models.

I've bought schiadas for under 15k;)

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

Someone told me once that the market is very efficient. If those rigs are bringing that much it's because they are desirable.

There is a reason many used diesel pushers are coming in at under 100k and why yours was 63k...

Hugh Jascaulk

Reaction score
Winnebago makes a great coach, bought this one new in 2004, 40' Vectra with 400HP.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 26

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Someone told me once that the market is very efficient. If those rigs are bringing that much it's because they are desirable.

There is a reason many used diesel pushers are coming in at under 100k and why yours was 63k...

the salesmen at the rv dealer told me once that buying a diesel pusher would never make since with a pencil...;)

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Also wondering what the RV Salesman would say how long a 45' quad slide coach would last with a V-10 Blue Oval for power....

spectras only

Reaction score
Also wondering what the RV Salesman would say how long a 45' quad slide coach would last with a V-10 Blue Oval for power....

Torque is everything with big mohos. Checked this Beaver last fall and told the dealer to call me when it's around 100K. The Beaver was 500K fully optioned when new in 03. He laughed but as the ad shows it dropped 30 big one already. Give the ever increasing fuel prices, 100K might not be far off.
Just another 30K drop,lol.

http://www.oconnorrv.com/rvsales/class-a/RV2693B?pl=12&sp=24#!prettyPhoto[sw_gal]/0/

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Torque is everything with big mohos. Checked this Beaver last fall and told the dealer to call me when it's around 100K. The Beaver was 500K fully optioned when new in 03. He laughed but as the ad shows it dropped 30 big one already. Give the ever increasing fuel prices, 100K might not be far off.
Just another 30K drop,lol.

http://www.oconnorrv.com/rvsales/class-a/RV2693B?pl=12&sp=24#!prettyPhoto[sw_gal]/0/
I love those Beavers.....hope to have one someday.

If you pay with $USD it's only $126,989.02