WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Got a new wrinkle in the plan..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
In the beginning stages of kidney stone(s).. Never had this adventure before but from what I hear its gonna suck balls. I'm just hoping I'm over it before Desert Storm..

Last three days had a pretty intense pain in my lower left back that was kind of reaching around the side. My stomach feels like I just walked out of a Vegas buffet.. Landed in the hospital yesterday which is sure to be another 10,000 bill.. (Awesome). And they said more or less "fasten your seat belts its gonna get bumpy."

I am so screwed.. I still have to get my house ready for the refugee camp, and get everything ready for desert storm, plus finish a machining job for Froggy, and all I can do is sit here and complain like a little bitch because it feels like Tyson is taking kidney shots whenever he feels like it.

RD

TCHB

Reaction score
Lets hope you pass them without much more pain.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Have another beer and light up a smoke. It'll make it better I promise. :D

Haven't had a beer in two or three days.. But somehow I think you are right. :D. I don't have the balls to try it though feeling like this.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Rally the troops, Dave. This is no time to try to tough it out.

koenig

Reaction score
Not fun!!! My Dad had to have surgery a few months back.

Reaction score
In the beginning stages of kidney stone(s).. Never had this adventure before but from what I hear its gonna suck balls. I'm just hoping I'm over it before Desert Storm..

Last three days had a pretty intense pain in my lower left back that was kind of reaching around the side. My stomach feels like I just walked out of a Vegas buffet.. Landed in the hospital yesterday which is sure to be another 10,000 bill.. (Awesome). And they said more or less "fasten your seat belts its gonna get bumpy."

I am so screwed.. I still have to get my house ready for the refugee camp, and get everything ready for desert storm, plus finish a machining job for Froggy, and all I can do is sit here and complain like a little bitch because it feels like Tyson is taking kidney shots whenever he feels like it.

RD

Hey Dave, I wish you the best.

How do you get Kidney stones?

Several risk factors (things that put you at risk) for kidney stones make it more likely that you will get them. Some of these things you can control, and others you cannot.

Risk factors you can control

Things you can control include:
How much fluid you drink. The most common cause of kidney stones is not drinking enough water. Try to drink enough water to keep your urine light yellow or clear like water (about 8 to 10 glasses of water a day).
Your diet. Diets high in protein, sodium, and oxalate-rich foods, such as dark green vegetables, increase your risk for kidney stones. If you think that your diet may be a problem, schedule an appointment with a dietitian and review your food choices. actionset.gif Kidney Stones: Preventing Kidney Stones Through Diet
Being overweight. This can cause both insulin resistance and increased calcium in the urine, which can result in a greater risk for kidney stones.
Medicine Medicine. Some medicines, such as acetazolamide (Diamox) and indinavir (Crixivan), can cause kidney stones to form.

Risk factors you cannot control

Things you can't control include:
Age and gender. Men between the ages of 30 and 50 are most likely to get kidney stones.
Postmenopausal women with low estrogen levels have an increased risk for kidney stones. Women who have had their ovaries removed are also at increased risk.

A family history of kidney stones.
A personal history of frequent urinary tract infections.
Other diseases or conditions, such as Crohn's disease, hyperparathyroidism, or gout.
Intestinal surgery or gastric bypass surgery.
Insulin resistance Insulin resistance, which can occur because of diabetes or obesity.

Richard.E

Reaction score
Had them twice before. Pain is ridiculous... Drink a lot of liquids( water, juice, beer).

fstlayn

Reaction score
I feel for ya Dave. I've been through two myself - had to have one shattered using sound waves (lipsotripsy) because it was too big to pass. They say it's the closest thing to having a baby that a guy can experience, and they're right. The best advice I can offer is drink like a fish and flush that little bastard out. When I went to the ER for mine, they put me on a IV with saline full open. Had me pissing like a race horse every five minutes. Bottom line - the faster you can get it out, the less time spent suffering.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I got lucky when I had mine only lasted a few days then I pissed it out. :)

yard dog

Reaction score
Need to ask for a drug called Toradol this will help control pain , hope you can pass it or or the next step is Lithotripsy or Ureteroscopy , which is no fun at all. Been there done that:thumbsdown

Singleton

Reaction score
Dave
Start drinking water with fresh lemon juice added in. A table spoon of fresh lemon juice for 24oz of water. Try to get a gallon of water down each day for the next few days. It is going to hurt like hell when you pass them, but the only way to get them out is to drink tons of water.

I used to get them all the time, ended up having surgery to get 2 of them and the dr fixed the problem (hook in tube). Ever since surgery I have been drinking a gallon of water a day and it keeps them away.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Drinking cranberry right now, but will give the lemon water deal a try. Thanks singleton!

RD

Hammer

Reaction score
I will be there Monday to save your ass Johnson. :D you're welcome...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well you get to learn how to machine.. Lol. And a host of other shit that I need to do..

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If your pee is pink or red then you really have to get them blasted or
infection will set in next.
Had mine blasted a few months ago.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Dave the lemon juice thing seemed to help me. the good news is that the most pain is when the stone passes from the kidney to the bladder. I always found that pissing them out isn't as bad. If the little bastards are already in your bladder you might be on the downhill side.

retaocleg

Reaction score
bummer.......I just went through that in jan...........8500 bucks from the hospital.......they give you a script for pain and one to dialate the urethra........passed mine within an hour after.........worst 2 days I can remember....

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Had them twice before. Pain is ridiculous... Drink a lot of liquids( water, juice, beer).

Yep Drink Drink Drink.

Unfiltered Apple Juice and in massive amounts. Do not mix it with Alcohol. LOL.

Richard.E

Reaction score
Yep Drink Drink Drink.

Unfiltered Apple Juice and in massive amounts. Do not mix it with Alcohol. LOL.

This is RD, he might think beer will flush it out quicker, haha.

If your pee is cloudy or looks slightly brown it's only downhill from there.

nowski

Reaction score
From this day forward drink plenty of water. I drink about a gallon of water a day and have zero kidney or kidney stone issues. When you get a physical the Dr. will see that you drink plenty of water just by how good your test results look. My Dr. has asked you drink lots of water don't you and my response how can you tell, he states it's in the results...

boatnam2

Reaction score
Only had one in my life and it was a week long ordeal with 2-3 visits to doctor office until the last night i was sweating so bad my clothes were soaked from my shirt to my socks kaiser finally admitted me. Once i got on the dope and iv's everything went pretty smooth, had a MRI around 3 that morning and said i was passing a good sized stone, checked out at 7am and never looked back.

mobldj

Reaction score
feels like a long screwdriver shoved thru your back to the front.stones suck,vicodin is your friend for pain.they say its the same pain as childbirth,if so why would a woman have another rug rat.hope it passes soon.

oh and wait till it hits your sack,will feel like vice grips clamped on your nuts.

have a nice day !

Reaction score
Diet and exercise time Johnson. Get well brotha

Finally made it

Reaction score

RD

Hang in there. Hope you are feeling better soon. This too will pass.

rivergames

Reaction score
China buffet. You will be pissin out of your ads in no time :D

relaxalot

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear Dave! Hope you get better soon!

Director...
Reaction score
When he passes that stone they will examine it under a microscope to see what it's comprised of. .. and they will see a small printed message on it. . In what will appear to be blue metalflake....the message will read
...all the best

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, Dave. Kidney stones suck.

We need Ritchey to roll through this thread and tell you to suck it up as it's no big deal.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
My doc says cranberry is actually bad to drink for stones. Lemonade and water is the ticket

Oops, sorry Dave. My doc said cranberry cuz it's a diuretic... He may have been an idiot though

koenig

Reaction score
My moms been battling them also. Not fun at all. Hopefully Dave can pass them soon.

Sorry about your Mom. Think my Dad's was the fourth time. Twice he passed them naturally. Once was the shock wave deal and this last one was surgery. Seen the pain, its defiantly not fun.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I know exactly what you are going through. As everyone knows I have had more than my fair share of them little fockers. Depending on the stone lemonade breaks them down.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well after two three days if side pain it actually is more like a little uncomfort now.. I think it moved? I dunno. Stacy's mom has been watching the kids for 5 days and is going to continue to watch them until after Desert Storm. Came down to Parker today and took her for a boat ride. Heading to havi later tonight to do some work and then come back. So long as I feel like this I think I'm good to go.. I know the fireworks are coming though.. Lol

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
In the overall scheme of things your family is #1 and your health is #2. Take care of yourself. Sure, there are plenty of horror stories out there about this condition and too many willing to pass them along. When this is over try to find out the likely cause of the stone - sometimes diet, excessive coffee etc. Just spent 4 days in Havasu Regional Hospital with a surgery and thought the care was pretty good. Their bill to my insurance company was completely insane . . . over $255K. Fortunately, I'd already met the high deductible and max "out of pocket". So, my insurance covered it all.

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Well Dave, welcome to the Stone group:yikes Sounds like you are on the downhill side now. I've had about 15 or so, including the "operation" so, I can feel your pain.:yikes:D

Steve