WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Prop help

tony

Reaction score
Hey guys boating related question I have a 25 bullet with basically a merc 525 and XR drive with a 1.5 gear and I'm running a lab 28 which I think is just a little to big the boat runs 82-83 mph at 5300-5400rpm which it takes at least 1/4 mile to get to that speed? I have a brand new 26 which I think is to small would sending to mercury and getting it labed make it more aggressive? Maybe somebody has a 25 bullet or something that's close to it with a 525 package? Thanks for the input

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 18

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
I think u are where u need to be. Going down to a 26 is gonna get ur rpms maxed out before you even hit 65

TBulger

Reaction score
We have a 24 Schiada, maybe our prop might help you, seeing as how you bought it. :D

Joepump

Reaction score
Your #'s look good. The only thing I would do to your current prop is add a little cup, or drop down a pitch or 2 and try a 5 blade. I went from a 4 to 5, and the acceleration was very noticeable.

relaxalot

Reaction score
Sounds like you are pretty close to being dialed in. Good to go

ace one

Reaction score
Hey guys boating related question I have a 25 bullet with basically a merc 525 and XR drive with a 1.5 gear and I'm running a lab 28 which I think is just a little to big the boat runs 82-83 mph at 5300-5400rpm which it takes at least 1/4 mile to get to that speed? I have a brand new 26 which I think is to small would sending to mercury and getting it labed make it more aggressive? Maybe somebody has a 25 bullet or something that's close to it with a 525 package? Thanks for the input

Call B_BLADES, they can give you the info you need and help you out for sure...........

Enen

Reaction score
Isn't your boat at Teague? What did he say?

Hammer

Reaction score
I have a labbed 26p, it's actually a 27 now. You're more than welcome to try it . I'll be in Havasu tomorrow. I'd be interested In your 28 if you want to sell it.

tony

Reaction score
We have a 24 Schiada, maybe our prop might help you, seeing as how you bought it. :D
The prop that's on your boat I didn't buy it came with the boat when I bought it! If it where still mine I would have left the 22 gears in the box and had a 11-1/2 by 16 three blade made for it from Bergeron that's what Mike King use to run in the 24 schiada he owns called the ring-leader which he ran a blown 540 with 22 gears and that prop he said it use to run mid to upper 80s and he's one of the few which I trust his opinion!!! When your ready to part with that old v-drive let me know before I start building something new!!!!

tony

Reaction score
Isn't your boat at Teague? What did he say?
The boat was at teagues and he said the prop is close! Never discussed the right prop for that motor because we are or were going to whipple it and would have to get a lab 30 according to them!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

put a vacume gauge on it...;)

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

I have a 26 5 blade....and a ron hill 28... and a reg bravo 28.... have you tried a prop without a defuser???

cool thread and boat:thumbup:

Hammer

Reaction score
I have a 26 5 blade....and a ron hill 28... and a reg bravo 28.... have you tried a prop without a defuser???

cool thread and boat:thumbup:

What is your opinion between the Ron hill 28p and the reg. bravo 28p ? We have been running a ton hill 28 and are thinking of trying a bravo 28 and a 30 this week.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
What is your opinion between the Ron hill 28p and the reg. bravo 28p ? We have been running a ton hill 28 and are thinking of trying a bravo 28 and a 30 this week.

the hill is smoother , bites better and goes faster...
not by much.. but it is a better prop... hill compairs the 28 to a bravo labbed 28

Hammer

Reaction score
the hill is smoother , bites better and goes faster...
not by much.. but it is a better prop... hill compairs the 28 to a bravo labbed 28

Good to hear. We have been real happy with the Ron Hill 28. So much so that we never tried anything else . I'm sure we could spin a 30, might be nice to keep the RPM's down a little while on the lake this week.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Lab the 28 to get you the rest of the way, you may be with in a couple hundred rpm's. I would try to get some accurate numbers to work with first. The lab it.

tony

Reaction score
Lab the 28 to get you the rest of the way, you may be with in a couple hundred rpm's. I would try to get some accurate numbers to work with first. The lab it.
The 28 that I'm running is labed I was thinking of labing the 26 that I have but it's 500 bucks to do it from teagues and was looking for some opinion's on that prop. Was wondering how much more rpm I would be turning with that prop at cruising speed and top end? The boat cruises really nice with the lab 28 and if there is a 2-3 hundred rpm difference at cruise speed that would suck but if it plan's faster and is faster on the top end it may be worth it!!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
The 28 that I'm running is labed I was thinking of labing the 26 that I have but it's 500 bucks to do it from teagues and was looking for some opinion's on that prop. Was wondering how much more rpm I would be turning with that prop at cruising speed and top end? The boat cruises really nice with the lab 28 and if there is a 2-3 hundred rpm difference at cruise speed that would suck but if it plan's faster and is faster on the top end it may be worth it!!

Sure seems like a 26 would be too small, I sometimes run that on my 496 HO if I know the boat won't be full of people. It's been a while since I tested but there is about 300 RPM difference at cruising speed. In my limited knowledge, it's hard to plane quicker and also have more top end. Maybe leaving the Bravo 1 line will be your answer, I've found them pretty hard to beat however.

Joepump

Reaction score
I ditched all but one bravo, kept it as a spare. I now have a 5 blade C/E. Ran that prop in Parker this weekend and worked really good. Boat was loaded. I have a Lavey 2750 with a 500hp. The 5 blade bits hard. Had my spare bravo labbed just because, call Agustine @ C/E, he knows his #@/*!!!!!

BigSteve

Reaction score
Never turn down a opportunity to test a prop
Every prop has it's own personality, and labbing can be a plus or a big minus !

I prefer to leave them props stock with a year of free replacement from Mercury :thumbup:
The stock Bravo is good starting point.

We have enjoyed working with BBlades. On custom needs and tweeks!

Start a log book using your tach and GPS make a prop performance graph
Include location, altitude, temp, R.H.
Make notes i.e. load, fuel, #of people.
How the boat handles in different conditions , hole shot, etc

We boat at sea level in the cool temps of the Sacramento Delta
When we go to lake Powell or Tahoe we drop 4 deg pitch for altitude or for Havasu drop 2 deg for temp in the Summer.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Never turn down a opportunity to test a prop
Every prop has it's own personality, and labbing can be a plus or a big minus !

I prefer to leave them props stock with a year of free replacement from Mercury :thumbup:
The stock Bravo is good starting point.

We have enjoyed working with BBlades. On custom needs and tweeks!

Start a log book using your tach and GPS make a prop performance graph
Include location, altitude, temp, R.H.
Make notes i.e. load, fuel, #of people.
How the boat handles in different conditions , hole shot, etc

We boat at sea level in the cool temps of the Sacramento Delta
When we go to lake Powell or Tahoe we drop 4 deg pitch for altitude or for Havasu drop 2 deg for temp in the Summer.

prop selection can make the boat:thumbup:

BigSteve

Reaction score
prop selection can make the boat:thumbup:

I think our team has about 50 props all together !
Some people collect fine wine, we collect fine props
You can never have enough props :skull

When we boat, we pick the props, according to conditions.
In the morning we run the single engines in smooth upper river water
Then go to bigger twin set ups in the afternoon

For a hard pass thru Hava slop and the Mo Choppy bowl big wind rollers,
I may choose to pitch down 2-4 degs for better throttle response

I may pick bravo's for heavy water and 160 gal on board, props turning in w/ four people to get the bow to lift

I may switch to cleavers with 4-6 deg more pitch turning out w/ 60 gal s and 2 people to get the tail to lift. And let it pack air up to speed and drop the nose in for a big # In light to moderate conditions

Having the right prop for conditions, is key, for a boat to respond to driver input.

I like a prop that still gives me good control in bad conditions.
And will give up top speed for handling and performance,
generally, I will make back more time, than I lost doing it.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I think our team has about 50 props all together !
Some people collect fine wine, we collect fine props
You can never have enough props :skull

When we boat, we pick the props, according to conditions.
In the morning we run the single engines in smooth upper river water
Then go to bigger twin set ups in the afternoon

For a hard pass thru Hava slop and the Mo Choppy bowl big wind rollers,
I may choose to pitch down 2-4 degs for better throttle response

I may pick bravo's for heavy water and 160 gal on board, props turning in w/ four people to get the bow to lift

I may switch to cleavers with 4-6 deg more pitch turning out w/ 60 gal s and 2 people to get the tail to lift. And let it pack air up to speed and drop the nose in for a big # In light to moderate conditions

Having the right prop for conditions, is key, for a boat to respond to driver input.

I like a prop that still gives me good control in bad conditions.
And will give up top speed for handling and performance,
generally, I will make back more time, than I lost doing it.

good post,.. I always like to prop a boat to see whats the most it will do then back it up to where it performs the best and has the most vacume at 4000 rpm

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Don't break that thing before the poker run Hammer. :D

Hammer

Reaction score
How did it run?

Ran great. Sutted up a little bit on the transom going through the channel. Other than that it ran fine. I think it likes the 30p, I didn't take if above 4-4500 rpm just because I didn't want to break it lol. But I had plenty of throttle left . 3k@ 50 MPH . Speedo may be a off a little It's not GPS....

skav

Reaction score
Sounds great. What type of prop? I'll have a few props this weekend, if you want to try them out. I'll keep an eye out for you this weekend. I'd like to check it out.

Hammer

Reaction score
Sounds great. What type of prop? I'll have a few props this weekend, if you want to try them out. I'll keep an eye out for you this weekend. I'd like to check it out.

That would be great , we've never tried any props out. The Ron Hill 28p has always ran great, but it needs to be fixed. Turns out the 30p bravo 1 I ran yesterday is sold. The boat will be at RD's 'till Friday morning if you come by here any time today or tomorrow after the street fair...

skav

Reaction score
That would be great , we've never tried any props out. The Ron Hill 28p has always ran great, but it needs to be fixed. Turns out the 30p bravo 1 I ran yesterday is sold. The boat will be at RD's 'till Friday morning if you come by here any time today or tomorrow after the street fair...

I'll have a labbed B1 30p and 28p, along with a couple 5 blade CE props. PM me and I'll call when I'm in town.

Hammer

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398278859.641321.jpg

I have some options... Lol except the prop I need to run won't work... :(

Anyone want to buy a 21p Mirage 3 blade ? :p :D it is completely useless to me....