WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How many here have a TechMate Marine Scan Tool in their boat tool box

fishing fool

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. How many? And is it worth it? Last time we went out I started the boat and came up just above idle and the boat went into limp mode. Took it to in and it was the "engine block water pressure" sensor. If I had a scan tool I could have fixed on the water. Not load up and take it somewhere for a 10 minute fix.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. How many? And is it worth it? Last time we went out I started the boat and came up just above idle and the boat went into limp mode. Took it to in and it was the "engine block water pressure" sensor. If I had a scan tool I could have fixed on the water. Not load up and take it somewhere for a 10 minute fix.

Then you would also have to stock your tool box with each sensor as well. Water pressure sensor is a known one to poop out frequently.

Moody

Reaction score
I would keep a few sensors, relays, spark plugs, in the tool box. How often is it a real problem or just a bad relay or sensor or what ever? I would assume the latter.

spectras only

Reaction score
I have it and used it a few times out on the water. The real McCoy is the more expensive one from Rinda that connects to a laptop with deep diagnostics.