WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Purchasing a Park Model

jailbird141

Reaction score
Would like some information please. The wife and I have rented a space at the Islander for the past six years after we made the move from the Beachcomber and have loved every second there! We have out grown the travel trailer and are looking to purchase a park model. We did not renew our space for the trailer this year as we decided to rent a park model a few times throughout the summer to make sure we like it. Anyway, our goal is to purchase a park model early next year, like Feb. or Mar. We have done our homework and are pretty sure we know what we are getting into. My question is for current owners, Is there anything that surprised you during the purchasing process or after you took possession that you would give a future owner heads up on? Mainly hidden fees, rules, etc.? We just dont like surprises. Like I said, we have been residents from April to October for the last six summers so we have an idea of how things work but would like to hear from anyone who has advice, thoughts or opinions. Also, we would not be renting to snowbirds in the winter so it will be for our enjoyment. Thanks in advance! If you dont want to post for everyone to see, feel free to PM me! Thank you again for any responses.

Sanger Picklefork

Reaction score
Would like some information please. The wife and I have rented a space at the Islander for the past six years after we made the move from the Beachcomber and have loved every second there! We have out grown the travel trailer and are looking to purchase a park model. We did not renew our space for the trailer this year as we decided to rent a park model a few times throughout the summer to make sure we like it. Anyway, our goal is to purchase a park model early next year, like Feb. or Mar. We have done our homework and are pretty sure we know what we are getting into. My question is for current owners, Is there anything that surprised you during the purchasing process or after you took possession that you would give a future owner heads up on? Mainly hidden fees, rules, etc.? We just dont like surprises. Like I said, we have been residents from April to October for the last six summers so we have an idea of how things work but would like to hear from anyone who has advice, thoughts or opinions. Also, we would not be renting to snowbirds in the winter so it will be for our enjoyment. Thanks in advance! If you dont want to post for everyone to see, feel free to PM me! Thank you again for any responses.

Late reply so hopefully you still are needing input.
I have owned a park model at Crazy Horse for about 10 years. We absolutely love it and the neighbors we have. The downside was waiting to see if the lease would be renewed. It seems that it will be renewed now for 10 years although it's not a done deal.
The annual fees can go up so make sure you understand the basis of any escalation. You own the park model but not the property and there are annual property taxes we pay.
We get along with everyone on the staff but there are those that don't for whatever reason. We've been allowed to do some improvements both on the surrounding area and down on the beach. Again, not our property but we use and enjoy it so the out of pocket cost so worth it to us.
It's all personal preference but I'd encourage you to look around Crazy Horse as well. I'm not sure of the difference in price but I understand Crazy Horse is cheaper on an annual basis and they aren't as rigid as the others. Both good and bad with that as well.
Let me know if I can help or if you want to come look at what we have.

Good luck,
Bill

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
We've had a park model at The Islander #382 for last last 10 years. I will say they do get a little strick on the rules but it's also why it's such a nice park. You mentioned wanting to rent to snow birds. The only suggestion I can give you is that when you purchase a park model is to make sure it's already on the rental program. I've known a few people who wanted to rent theirs out and couldn't because it's not on the rental program and The Islander wasn't adding any additional park models to rent out. We rent ours out to snow birds only from November through March. when we come back in April the place is better than when we left it. Hope this helps. GL