WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SP2LK advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trim it up

Reaction score
Which 6x9 two-way coaxial speaker do you prefer?? Budget is around $150 per pair. I have 6 located in my deck boat. I also have billet tribal covers...any problems with installations when using these??

SPL2K

Reaction score
Rockford Fosgate T1692 or T1693 depending on the billet cover itself. Can you post a pic of one?

STV_Keith

Reaction score
In a boat and in the $150 range? Yes.

Not doubting you at all, just curious as to why you chose this. I'm sure you've tried both, so I value your informed decision.

Trim it up

Reaction score
So you like the Fosgate's better than the Focal 690's and how about the Alpine SPR-69's? I'm down to these 3...

the510

Reaction score
I'll have 2 sets of brand new SPR 69 check your pm

headshothills

Reaction score
I just ordered 2 sets of the JBL GTO 938's to replace my MB Quarts that are super old and tired... If I like them, Ill be getting 2 more sets, if not, Ill give the ole RF's a shot....

Obviously it all comes down to your listening and what you like... But I did come across this...

http://car-speakers-review.toptenreviews.com/

adam909

Reaction score
I just ordered 2 sets of the JBL GTO 938's to replace my MB Quarts that are super old and tired... If I like them, Ill be getting 2 more sets, if not, Ill give the ole RF's a shot....

Obviously it all comes down to your listening and what you like... But I did come across this...

i just installed these and they sound great for the price.

headshothills

Reaction score

Yah the price on theses for their ranking was amazing!! I currently have 8 6x9's just need something to fill the mids and tweets zone with the 4 15"s.... Hope these do the trick!!

headshothills

Reaction score

So I slapped 4 of them under the back seat where the old ones were.. To my surprise, the billet grills went right over them without any issue, which is what I was worried about since the previous owner said they were custom billet grills for the MB Quarts, so that was a huge plus.. Thought I might have to cut the bars out of the center to allow the tweets room...

Although, slightly tight, since the MB's have their connector going up/down, the JBL has it lengthwise on the speaker, but it still fit, just super tight...

I have separate volume controls for the back 4 vs the side 4 and have the sub channel on its own volume control... The JBL's have a -3db and 0db setting for the Tweets, although, I honestly could tell the different, Im sure theres gotta be some...

First listen was like... WOW.. they actually sounds like 6x9's should... Literally had the HU cranked to MAX and the speakers rocked, sounded like I had a 10" sub thumping... Turn the volume control down on the JBL's and turn up the volume knob on the side MB's... Wow, just no comparison, the MB's are just toast, so bass, no power, they are just worn out....

Tried tweaking the EQ a little, didn't mess with the HP Crossover, Im thinking I might cause the high's didn't seem as bright as I would have thought, don't get me wrong, they were loud as hell, but not ear piercing, which is what I would have expected, the tweets were soft, if that makes any sense. It could also be where they are mounted, which is super low.

Never the less, I ordered 2 more sets for the sides, for the price, it was a no brainer, not to mention these things are already 2ohm, actually I think in the specs they are like 2.5, could be wrong, but the sound alone was really good for the price, which at $70 a pair and same day delivery with fulfillment from Amazon, it just couldn't get any easier... If we decide to go the route of the new interior like in the Great White Mach thread, the speakers are gonna change again anyway, so this will get us by....

The other thing that was impressive, was even at full volume, amps gains are 0, they didn't distort... Wishing it high slightly brighter highs, but I might be regretting that when the side ones are in, which was the whole point in the separate volume controls, cause when its cranked, the side one are literally in your ear....

headshothills

Reaction score
Ok... So based on SP2lK's advise and after hearing EN's Schiata... Holy F... Those Rockfords sound amazing hands down, absolutely no comparison... I haven't heard anything that clear and loud in awhile... Ripped out all 8 of the JBL's they are going back to Amazon tomorrow and those RF's are gonna be put in order...

Way to go SP2LK... Those things sound amazing, the clarity was unbelievable.... As soon as I heard them I was like, WTF speakers are those... met up with EN at RoadRunners and he pointed me back to SP2LK and his RF 6x9 speaker recommendation... I was sold...

SP2LK I don't know if you can work a deal on them, I need 4 pair... [emoji12][emoji379]

dp85tona

Two strokes is enough
Reaction score
does anyone have a hook up for these Rockford Fosgate T1693 speakers? I need to buy 4 to replace the ones in my boat and I would like to keep business through a member and at the lowest price possible obviously. any help would be appreciated.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
does anyone have a hook up for these Rockford Fosgate T1693 speakers? I need to buy 4 to replace the ones in my boat and I would like to keep business through a member and at the lowest price possible obviously. any help would be appreciated.

I have been shopping for an upcoming build and this is the best price I can find.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_21990_Rockford_Fosgate_T1693.aspx

Seems they were cheaper a couple months back? All of a sudden there prices suck on amazon

.......The speakers are not available from the link I posted.............

I ordered them and was notified they were not in stock and they had no timetable for me so UI canceled my order.

Not sure what the deal is but these are very hard to find right now......im going to give the fosgate site a chance as there prices are the same.

dp85tona

Two strokes is enough
Reaction score
I have been shopping for an upcoming build and this is the best price I can find.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_21990_Rockford_Fosgate_T1693.aspx

Seems they were cheaper a couple months back? All of a sudden there prices suck on amazon

.......The speakers are not available from the link I posted.............

I ordered them and was notified they were not in stock and they had no timetable for me so UI canceled my order.

Not sure what the deal is but these are very hard to find right now......im going to give the fosgate site a chance as there prices are the same.

Thank you, I tried to order from there but they were out of stock. It let me order and then a few hours later emailed saying they were out of stock with no ETA, I found them for the same price at Santa Clarita Audio. They were in stock and sent them right away! thank you for the help.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Thank you, I tried to order from there but they were out of stock. It let me order and then a few hours later emailed saying they were out of stock with no ETA, I found them for the same price at Santa Clarita Audio. They were in stock and sent them right away! thank you for the help.

yep....

I ordered from fosgate and they shipped in two days. I don't have them yet but I have a shipping #

SPL2K

Reaction score
WOW...thats the "Top 10 Best Car Speakers you can buy in 2017" according the them? :eek:
No $6000 Rainbows or $4000 Focals?? lol

Ronda

Banned
Reaction score

https://automobiledecor.com/best-speakers-for-car/

An obligation of appreciation is all together for the reference, yet I am looking a best one under $70. In the event that it's not all that much inconvenience propose me a specific one.

Status
Not open for further replies.