WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Replaced my leaky fuel pump, new problems

Trim it up

Reaction score
TCM, I've got a 572 BBC and had an oil leak. After some detective work, I narrowed it down to my Edelbrock fuel pump (non-marine). My mechanic replaced the unit with the Baker ProCam 1/2'' inlet/outlet fuel pump from your website. He tested it and everything was good. I took the boat out on Friday and had some problems/concerns with the pressure. First question, at a steady 3600 RPM's, my fuel pressure gauge was varying from 5-7 lbs which I thought was strange considering the old unit reading was almost always near 8. Second problem, at idle or in gear at very low RPM's, the fuel pressure dropped 2-3 times to almost zero, nearly stalling the motor and then rebuilds pressure to 5. Any suggestions? My mechanic hasn't looked at the boat yet....just wanted your opinion

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Does it have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and did he mess with it?

Trim it up

Reaction score
Does it have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and did he mess with it?

It has the Holley 34R-11577B regulator on it and it adjustable. Not sure if he messed with it. I'm not very mechanical and it sucks!!!
Update: ran the boat on the hose and it idled great for 10 mins. Maybe the card loaded up?? Taking the boat out on Friday