WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Berkeley Trim-A-Just Cable, How Long?

bryzmon

Not a Member
Reaction score
I have an older Trim-A-Just and need new cable, what length do you think I should order? I know measure end to end, but want to bring with me to the river, thinking the length is similar if they are usually mounted on transom...43BC Cable right??

The unit is mounted inside transom, cable comes out the side and flex's down to the bilge then up and out through hull, over swimstep to the jet drive:
1.jpg 2.jpg

Here's the link (maybe it helps someone else out):
http://www.berkeleyjet.com/p-13510-4300bc-bulkhead-cable-maxflex-extreme.aspx

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
Because I have never seen 2 mounted in the same location, it would be a shot in the dark guessing the length. The cable pictured is ona Place Diverter and 43BC cable. Must have converted it somehow. The Berkeley Jet-o-vator used a 43C.

bryzmon

Not a Member
Reaction score
Because I have never seen 2 mounted in the same location, it would be a shot in the dark guessing the length. The cable pictured is ona Place Diverter and 43BC cable. Must have converted it somehow. The Berkeley Jet-o-vator used a 43C.
That makes sense since I have yet to find one with 2 bulkheads, I might have to have it made? Here's a pic I found showing the inside of the Trim A Just:

Jetovatercircles.jpg

Brian

Reaction score
That makes sense since I have yet to find one with 2 bulkheads, I might have to have it made? Here's a pic I found showing the inside of the Trim A Just:

View attachment 340793

I doubt any of the marine hardware stores will have that cable you need on the shelf. It would be a special order and could take some time to get.

The cable you need is a 43B cable, not a 43BC, also assuming the cable has 3" of travel. The B only designation means bulkhead mount on both ends.

Control Cables Inc. in Santa Fe Springs CA can make you the cable in a matter of days. Get out your wallet though, they are spendy but very nice.

bryzmon

Not a Member
Reaction score
I doubt any of the marine hardware stores will have that cable you need on the shelf. It would be a special order and could take some time to get.

The cable you need is a 43B cable, not a 43BC, also assuming the cable has 3" of travel. The B only designation means bulkhead mount on both ends.

Control Cables Inc. in Santa Fe Springs CA can make you the cable in a matter of days. Get out your wallet though, they are spendy but very nice.

Thanks Brian, you are correct on all accounts! 43B it was, and I had one made at that place, although expensive it's a very quality cable.

Brian

Reaction score
No Prob. 1 other note. If memory serves, i don't think their cable ends are 100% stainless. Keep an eye out for rust on the bulkhead ends. You should be fine though.

kenny nunez

Reaction score
I was a Berkeley dealer and there was a kit that would convert a 43c to a BC . The most important thing is to make sure the limit switches stop the the motor before the cable "bottoms out" it's travel. Those style cables are also used on heavy equipment .