WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New to Mead

Snprhed

Reaction score
So im moving to Vegas (Henderson to be precise). I have vacationed in Havasu for several years and we finally made our jump west. I have never been on Mead and know almost nothing about it. Can I get a little lake primer? I see people talking about this beach or that and have zero idea where any of them are.

Im trying to get a rental in havasu for the 4th, however the pickens are slim because of the late date im trying to do it in. If I end up on Mead (and going forward) what should I know?

STV_Keith

Reaction score
The largest gathering spot is usually Sandy beach in the Boulder Basin, near the entrance to the narrows. It's about 3.5 miles East of Callville Bay.

mead-gps-points.jpg

Snprhed

Reaction score
So if I live in Henderson is Boulder city the easiest drop point?

Is it pretty easy to pick out the shallow areas? Just from reading through a little bit it sounds like some are marked by buoys

Andy B.

Reaction score
So if I live in Henderson is Boulder city the easiest drop point?

Is it pretty easy to pick out the shallow areas? Just from reading through a little bit it sounds like some are marked by buoys

A lot aren't be carful, I hit a rock in boulder harbor ramp last sunday.( nicked a four blades had to have it worked)

Big Crapolla

Lake Mead Bound
Reaction score
I have a home in Boulder City and been boating Mead since the 70's. Boulder bay is a good ramp, closest to Henderson and launching is ok as long as you stay in the center of the bay. No marina there.
Hemmenway harbor is also good, and has the marina with gas, groceries etc. Busier than Boulder bay and only 2 miles further.
Callville bay is good to launch at the new low water ramp and has full marina services as well. It's a bit further than the other two.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Have you been to Boulder Bay recently? Talked with someone at Sandy who said they were done with it until the water level comes back up. It's as low now as I have ever seen it. Some unmarked stuff out there...just keep your eyes open and no night cruises if you don't know your exact route (like by GPS).

The ramp at Callville is probably the best on the NV side right now. They have only the low water ramp open. Hemmenway is open but you have to go out a good ways to get the bigger boats floating.

Snprhed

Reaction score
Keith, saw your boat today at Sandy beach. Thanks again for the map. It was helpful

Had a great time, today. Mead is a great lake. On some level I thought I'd have to go way slow and constantly dodge underwater objects. I barely saw any...

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Should have come by and said hi! We'll be out again next Friday and probably Sunday.

Snprhed

Reaction score
My dogs don't play well with other dogs. It was cool just to check the place out.

We are trying to get a place in Havasu for the weekend. If we don't go I'm sure I'll see you. Look for the little Scarab

Snprhed

Reaction score
Hey if I wanted to get the top cap buffed out in Henderson area, does anybody have a suggestion?

STV_Keith

Reaction score
what is the Sunken Houseboat spot? Do you know anything about it?

I don't. Years ago, you could see it in about 30 feet of water, between the islands just North East of Hemmenway. At that time, it was two islands...now I think it's one big one. I'm sure that would be 100' out of the water now, so I'm sure it's gone.