WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rhino Suggestions

Mondorally

Reaction score
Let's say someone was in the market for a new Rhino. Which model would you suggest and why. Are the stock ones with the better shocks/wheels a value buy or pointless. Get an '08 or make a deal on an '07? Wait for the Kawasaki? Avoid them all like trial sample of heroin?

Thanks!

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
My advice, buy used. Let someone else put a bunch of money into it and get the basics out of the way. There are lots of deals out there these days on cars, toys, and boats. :D

Mondorally

Reaction score
My advice, buy used. Let someone else put a bunch of money into it and get the basics out of the way. There are lots of deals out there these days on cars, toys, and boats. :D

Very true. Any model years and/or specific models to look for or avoid?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

Exactly. When I bought mine it was better to buy new cause used ones weren't selling for any cheaper. Now there are used ones everywhere. Also, the new '08 fuel injected ones are nice but don't seem to be any faster or make anymore power.
________
Toyota a engine history

Last edited:

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
I'd avoid the 450 model for starters. The 660 has almost enough umph to make it interesting, but like everything else, more power would be better. Can't imagine the 450... I do like the '07 with the digital gas gauge as it saves retrofitting a gauge panel into the dash to keep an eye on your fuel level.

Mondorally

Reaction score
I thank you...... my wallet however tells you all to f-off:D.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
If you have cash I would buy a used/modded 06+

If I was buying new and finnancing I would spring for either the 08 or wait for the Kawi.

The 08's have FI and better brakes(It will take time for them to get faster). I was bummed that they didn't throw power steering like there big quad beacuse the rhino could use it.

Kawi is supposed to be a little wider and the Vtwin should be nice. If your looking for a off roader I would look at the yamaha,kawi if your looking for a duner the rzr will be hard to beat.

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
Exactly. When I bought mine it was better to buy new cause used ones weren't selling for any cheaper. Now there are used ones everywhere. Also, the new '08 fuel injected ones are nice but don't seem to be any faster or make anymore power.

I'm with you guys....there are some killer deals on used Rhino's that people have a ton of cash sunk into that they can't get rid of.

GET SOME

Reaction score
I just want to be faster then dan and brandin. So i guess it is the RZR or the kawi. Want to see the kawi reviews when it comes out. But i dont know if it will be leaps and bounds over the rhino.
I think i might be waiting forever because i want yamaha to preform like a mini Trophy truck but i dont think that will ever happen..

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Hell as always newer the better but I don't know I am the Dummy Jordy is talking about!!! I will make a killer deal on the 06 I have this weekend, it is not the prettiest but it flat hauls a$$ with the 686 in it...

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
I just want to be faster then dan and brandin. So i guess it is the RZR or the kawi. Want to see the kawi reviews when it comes out. But i dont know if it will be leaps and bounds over the rhino.
I think i might be waiting forever because i want yamaha to preform like a mini Trophy truck but i dont think that will ever happen..

Like you are gonna buy anything!!! :lmao:point:hotdevil

shaffewm

Reaction score
I just bought my wife the 08 with FI...top speed stock is 42mph...I looked forever for used, and there was a lot of good deals...when it came down to it, I decided that I would rather start from scratch, so to speak, with the after market chit....that way I could put just what I wanted on it....good luck looking:D

Pushnwood

Reaction score
I just bought my wife the 08 with FI...top speed stock is 42mph...I looked forever for used, and there was a lot of good deals...when it came down to it, I decided that I would rather start from scratch, so to speak, with the after market chit....that way I could put just what I wanted on it....good luck looking:D

How did you like it New years? The 450 will be for sale soon. Welcome to the dark side & break out the checkbook!

shaffewm

Reaction score
How did you like it New years? The 450 will be for sale soon. Welcome to the dark side & break out the checkbook!

I don't have enough scabs to sell the 450 yet:D...New years was a blast you should come up this weekend...At least I wasn't the first person to roll it!

Pushnwood

Reaction score
I don't have enough scabs to sell the 450 yet:D...New years was a blast you should come up this weekend...At least I wasn't the first person to roll it!

Thanks for the invite, I will be in Havasu this weekend, next time.