WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2014 Campbell Regatta

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Just a heads up that the annual Campbell Regatta is coming together and all the details can be found over on the Campbell Owners website (campbellowners.com).
Just made room reservations at the Nautical and saved 15% by booking early.

Should be a great time. Overall plan calls for a get together Friday night with a trip up to Pirates on Saturday (which usually is the same weekend as the river rocket event, even more reason to clear the schedule). Saturday night is usually pizza in the cove or in the channel and Sunday is a run to the Springs for "brunch" followed by an unofficial raft up in or near Sand Point. Lots of tall tales to be shared of the Campbell legend and lots of great people to chill with.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 766

Moviemoney

Reaction score
This guy! is going..lol..

Attachments

• IMG_3290.jpg
    IMG_3290.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3253.jpg
    IMG_3253.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3254.jpg
    IMG_3254.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 78

Rickybobby

Reaction score
LOL !!! what ya contemplating with the smoke ???? looking forward to it !!!!!

Strange Brew

Reaction score
Moviemoney,

So let's see..............Ya got the big-ass arms, ya got the corncob pipe, ya got the right stance, so all ya need now is a can of Spinach and you be "POPEYE THE SAILORMAN"!

Looking forward to seeing you at the Regatta!

Ciao Strange Brew

Moviemoney

Reaction score
Strange Brew ... I think you picked up on it lol... can't wait for that weekend ...:thumbsup:)

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Its almost time, hopefully your bowlines are dressed and bilge paint is dry for the biggest Campbell Event of the year !!!!

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Friday, September 19: Dinner Party at Tom & Daryl-Lynn Burke's Home
6:30 PM to ?: T-shirt distribution, drinks, dinner and dancing. Our favorite band, Flying Blind, will play from 7:30 to 9:30 PM

Saturday, September 20: Redneck Beach Party at the Park Moabi Pavilion
Think Bubba, bad teeth, beer, mullets, the Confederate flag and show up as a redneck!
09:00 AM: Meet in Thompson Bay
09:30 AM: Boat Caravan through the Channel, up the California side buoy markers and on to The Pavilion at Park Moabi.
11:00 AM to 1:00 PM: Continued T-Shirt Distribution on the beach and redneck horseshoes. Noon to 2:00PM: Mitch Parker and Company will BBQ hamburgers and hotdogs.

Please bring a side dish to share.

Note: There will not be a formal dinner on Saturday night to allow for more boating time. Feel free to connect with other club members for a meal at Pirate Cove, The Turtle, or wherever.

Sunday, September 21: Brunch at The Springs

09:00 AM: Meet in Thompson Bay
09:30 AM: Boat Caravan to The Springs. Boat slips will be available. 10:30 AM: No Host Brunch.

There will be an informal raft up after brunch at the Three Dunes sandy beach. Don't forget to bring extra food and drinks to keep you and your crew going until???

If you haven't registered yet, check out the form here and get it GOIN !!!!!
www.campbellowners.com

Rickybobby

Reaction score
I talked to the Nautical Inn yesterday and they said they only have a few rooms open for the regatta weekend as our "brotha" family from Howard Boats will be there to get their regatta party on as well !!! Should be a great weekend, can't wait.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Campbellclint show us what ya got !!!! lots of new owners shownin up and precious classics being saved !!!!

Not sure what the record # of boats at the regatta is, but I got email today from one of the organizers and the body count for Saturday is over 100 !!!! add to that, the River Rocket show at the PC... it's going to be hard to see everything !!!!!

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Campbellclint show us what ya got !!!! lots of new owners shownin up and precious classics being saved !!!!

Not sure what the record # of boats at the regatta is, but I got email today from one of the organizers and the body count for Saturday is over 100 !!!! add to that, the River Rocket show at the PC... it's going to be hard to see everything !!!!!

If memory serves, Clint has a tan/brown 20'r

Nailhead

Reaction score
We'll be there with our new to us 24. I don't see on the Campbell site a form that needs to be filled out. Can anybody direct me to the proper page?

Rickybobby

Reaction score
I ll send it to u in about 10... At the park with lab right now !!!

Rickybobby

Reaction score
NH
See if this works for ya, it took a bit but I think I got it. Drop Dave Frances (at www.campbellowners.com) a line with your email and they will add you to the mailing list of future events.

Attachments

• 42nd ANNUAL CAMPBELL REGATTA. Registration Form.pdf
    58 KB · Views: 139

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Worked all summer long, now its time for a little RR.... just hopin the weather is good to us, don't mind a little rain !!!! need to avoid the biblical proportions:yikes:yikes:yikes

Looking forward to meeting this guy http://www.tommygunimages.com

Movie ya gonna make it ???

Moviemoney

Reaction score
well, my winter project, the only thing my boat needs to be perfect has now stopped me from going to the regatta , the one weekend this summer I've been really looking forward too...My boat needs the new aluminum tanks... doing this job will just take too long , I could have done a bandaid to it for $1200.. and got me out to there, but still would have had to do to big $$ over the winter .. so as mad and as sad it makes me , i can't go now...Im still in shock.... the fricken boat is perfect ugggggggg!!!!!!!!!
except for the tanks, having put so much love sweat and money in to her , i can't half ass it this far into the game... and I don't want to do any damage to my engine ...I had the engine opened up and sonic cleaned like new again , thank god no damage done to it... so now I wait a fricken year to see all of you and your amazing boats..
Thanks Rocky

CampbellClint

Reaction score
My apologies. My 20r broke coming out of the channel today. Does anyone have Franks the mechanic phone number? Thanks.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Cc
Were you looking for Freddy's #
If so try this
(928) 486-5534

Rickybobby

Reaction score
The 42nd Annual Campbell Regatta is a memory now, but what a memory it was !!!! Perfect weather on Friday night for the "house party and live band" and same for the Saturday morning run to Pirates Cove.

Some radom shots from last weekend. Full video in production as this is being written.

Attachments

• IMG_0807.jpg
    IMG_0807.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0818.jpg
    IMG_0818.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0838.jpg
    IMG_0838.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 81
  • GOPR0686.jpg
    GOPR0686.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 89
  • GOPR0701.jpg
    GOPR0701.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 85

pour me another

Reaction score
I am new to this sight, but we met you in Havasu when we brought you your decals. Nice video of the regatta, we are just learning to use our gopro. Sorry we missed the regatta, maybe we can make it next year.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
thanks for the decals, which boat is yours ??? post up some pics of that baby !!!

Rickybobby

Reaction score
I met this guy at the Nautical Inn, super nice guy, original owner (super nice boat) just before the regatta got going. He said he will be back for the Spring Round Up !!!

Attachments

• IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0816.jpg
    IMG_0816.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 78

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Ok now your killin me, whats hiding under the big motor box ??????:cool:cool

pour me another

Reaction score
When new it was a twin turbo. Still has the boost gage on the dash, soon to be gone as soon as I can pick out a new set of nice looking red background lighting.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
that was the cool part with them, you can pretty much custom order your gauges anyway you want them and I think they will (for an undisclosed fee) even make custom gauge faces for you !!! I wanted new gauges that looked old. I could not find a full set of SW stage 3 gauges so I went with SS and black and white... I love them and they were a breeze to install and have worked great so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 87
  • May 2013 phone photos 265.jpg
    May 2013 phone photos 265.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 77

pour me another

Reaction score
Oh man I may have to borrow that from you, that is the exact style I am looking for! Funny thing is some of the gages I have are stage III, but not all. Those look great.

pour me another

Reaction score
Who did you order your gages from? All of your help is greatly appreciated, if you want/need a couple more decals let me know(on the house)Bob

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Pour
I am pretty sure I ordered the gauges through CP marine, check with Teauge Marine too (i used the Livorsi web site to figure out what I wanted!!!). I seriously considered the GPS speedo but in the end I just went with a matching tach in an attempt to not clutter up the dash and sort of keep it ol skool looking. I wanted to use stage 3 gauges bc that is what came with most of them, but I could not find a complete set that looked nice, so I just scrapped that idea.
rb