WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New half ton price

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Hey Jason just curious what a new half ton shortbed standard cab truck runs ballpark. Gotta be the 5.3. Cloth interior is fine. Bench seat. I'm kicking around the idea of getting a new daily driver.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a used one either with low miles but I think a clean one may be hard to find since most are used as work trucks.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Keeping the 87?

Honestly I would just buy the new smaller 4 door (replaced the xcab)

I bet jason can score you one of those for the same price as a regular cab due to avalability.

The new trucks are growing on me luckily I don't drive the old one enough to care...haha

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Regular cabs have gotten spendy....lol

I just built one for right at 32K LT,5.3,Tow package and 3:42 gears and it was right at 32k

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Keeping the 87?

Honestly I would just buy the new smaller 4 door (replaced the xcab)

I bet jason can score you one of those for the same price as a regular cab due to avalability.

The new trucks are growing on me luckily I don't drive the old one enough to care...haha

Depends how much a new ones gonna cost me. I'd like to keep it. I don't want a 4 door. I like the small standard cab for daily driving.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Fuck me. Used it is. Lol

There probably won't be a ton of reg cab 5.3 available. Go online and look at the double cab. I think you would be happier with it and they look good. I bet Jason could get you one for around 27-28k with the Lt package and 5.3.

I keep having retarded thoughts of selling the 69 and jeep and buying a new zl1...haha

Jason...what's the good guy deal on one of these monsters;):eek:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
There probably won't be a ton of reg cab 5.3 available. Go online and look at the double cab. I think you would be happier with it and they look good. I bet Jason could get you one for around 27-28k with the Lt package and 5.3.

I keep having retarded thoughts of selling the 69 and jeep and buying a new zl1...haha

Jason...what's the good guy deal on one of these monsters;):eek:

I drove my diesel for a couple days and I just all of sudden felt like driving a new car. Not sure I can do $30k right now. In a couple days I'll miss my '87 and this will probably all pass anyways. Lol

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I drove my diesel for a couple days and I just all of sudden felt like driving a new car. Not sure I can do $30k right now. In a couple days I'll miss my '87 and this will probably all pass anyways. Lol

Sell the diesel and keep the 87. The diesel is rotting away and you will never need to tow more than a 1/2 ton can. I bet you do good selling the diesel as its clean and you got it before the price went crazy.

Than you can throw stupid power in the square body and use it as your hot rod.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Sell the diesel and keep the 87. The diesel is rotting away and you will never need to tow more than a 1/2 ton can. I bet you do good selling the diesel as its clean and you got it before the price went crazy.

Than you can throw stupid power in the square body and use it as your hot rod.

I'd have a hard time selling the diesel. I like it too much.

jholley

Your RDP Connection To Selman Chevrolet!!!
Reaction score
Hey Jason just curious what a new half ton shortbed standard cab truck runs ballpark. Gotta be the 5.3. Cloth interior is fine. Bench seat. I'm kicking around the idea of getting a new daily driver.

You can pick up a base 5.3L with a tow pkg for around $23,800.00 + T.L after the rebates.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
What's the price difference between a Lt reg cab and xcab?

I'd like to stay with the standard cab so it'll fit in the small part of the garage. I ran it past my wife and she tells me why don't you keep your white truck and just put the newer engine in it. Lol

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I'd like to stay with the standard cab so it'll fit in the small part of the garage. I ran it past my wife and she tells me why don't you keep your white truck and just put the newer engine in it. Lol

I'm confused.......lol

Do you want a newer truck that is literally 1000x better than our old trucks as a daily driver or do you want more power that still drives and rides like shit?:D:confused::eek:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I'm confused.......lol

Do you want a newer truck that is literally 1000x better than our old trucks as a daily driver or do you want more power that still drives and rides like shit?:D:confused::eek:

I don't know what I want anymore. I'd really like a new truck honestly. I have a feeling another car payment isn't gonna go over well in my house.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I don't know what I want anymore. I'd really like a new truck honestly. I have a feeling another car payment isn't gonna go over well in my house.

Kill two birds with one stone....sell the diesel and buy a new crew cab 6.2 l with leather. Than sell the 87 and use the $$ for gel and interior for the schiada or blower/wheels and suspension for the new crew cab... Win win:D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Kill two birds with one stone....sell the diesel and buy a new crew cab 6.2 l with leather. Than sell the 87 and use the $$ for gel and interior for the schiada or blower/wheels and suspension for the new crew cab... Win win:D

Lol. You're killing me.