WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New twin helm deck by Interceptor

ICB1

Reaction score
Just wanted to share whats been going on with Interceptor Custom Boats. Since we acquired the Eliminator Fun deck mold we have built two boats and have had a great response, but most everyone asks if we offer a twin helm version. My response was always not yet, so now we are in the tooling process of building a twin helm deck. Here are a few photos of the process. We actually used and modified the original deck since we like how open and roomy it was. The bottom running surface was not changed and only the shear line was raised as well as the transom to accommodate a higher X dimension. As we designed this boat we wanted to make sure it stayed a deck boat and kept the versatility as well as the open space. We will be offering this boat in a couple different configurations, 1) will have an L shaped seating design like the original so you do not loose any seating 2) will have two forward facing bucket seats 3) A full hatch version will also be available. The first two bottoms have already been built awaiting the new deck. The first one is slated to hit the water in September. We are also tooling a 25' version that will debut early next year. Sorry pics are not in order.

IMG_0247.jpg IMG_0060.jpg IMG_0248.jpg IMG_0363.jpg IMG_0297.jpg IMG_0287.jpg IMG_0284.jpg IMG_0278.jpg IMG_0275.jpg

HavaToon

Reaction score
That should be a winner for you guys, well done.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Should be awesome. Can't wait to see it done.

Moody

Reaction score
Are you painting this boat? There are no graphics in the gel.

ICB1

Reaction score
Are you painting this boat? There are no graphics in the gel.

What you are seeing is the plug being built, this will be used to make the mold.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Chris,with moving the sheer line will you retain the shoe box fit or convert to butt fit?

ICB1

Reaction score
Chris,with moving the sheer line will you retain the shoe box fit or convert to butt fit?
We got rid of the shoe box and made it a but fit. I wanted to be able to cap it.

idk

Reaction score
This pretty nice, the twin helm looks really good. Is there any way to make the swim step longer (front to back), that is the only thing that I could see that would make it better.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
This pretty nice, the twin helm looks really good. Is there any way to make the swim step longer (front to back), that is the only thing that I could see that would make it better.

I think that would be way to much work for a couple inches
looks to be about 24" depth not ideal for wake boarder strap in, but its not a rollbar boat
but good for sittin with your feet dangling and easy entry

redone76

Reaction score
Thats some impressive craftsmanship!!:thumbsup

ICB1

Reaction score

We will be making an extended swim platform for the rear of the boat, but it will be an add on. The front is out as far as we wanted to go, really wanted to retain the cat look.

ICB1

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive response. This was definitely a lot of hard work but we are really happy with the way it turned out. I have to give my crew props for all their help and determination as well.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Chris are you planning on putting LED strip lights in these recesses for docking lights?

attachment.php

Or is it just a styling accent?

RD

idk

Reaction score
We will be making an extended swim platform for the rear of the boat, but it will be an add on. The front is out as far as we wanted to go, really wanted to retain the cat look.

Sorry I worded it wrong I meant just the rear platform, but you answered it. I didn't know if there was a piece that could be bolted or unbolted to the mold that could make it longer, rather way this thing is awesome.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Yes Dave, that is being done

I thought they had to be visible from 90*?
Are they on an angle?Hard to tell from my little phone screen.

That aside,looking good ICB👍

ICB1

Reaction score

That aside,looking good ICB

Yes Larry, they are on an angle. BTI is designing them for us .

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Chris are you planning on putting LED strip lights in these recesses for docking lights?

attachment.php

Or is it just a styling accent?

RD

Yes Dave, that is being done

That aside,looking good ICB👍

Yes Larry, they are on an angle. BTI is designing them for us .
Are we talking about docking lights in there or navigation lights in those recesses?

The boat is looking great. I really like the styling. [emoji106]

Are the two consoles the same size and in the same position? I have a thing for symmetry, and some of the boats out there don't seem to care about it.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Are we talking about docking lights in there or navigation lights in those recesses?

Are the two consoles the same size and in the same position? I have a thing for symmetry, and some of the boats out there don't seem to care about it.

Good point!
I was thinking nav lights,Dave said docking light.

I believe,based on ICB's response they are for nav lights?He got what I was getting at.
Also,I dig the styling:thumbup:

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Good point!
I was thinking nav lights,Dave cleat said docking light.

I believe,based on ICB's response they are for nav lights?He got what I was getting at.
Also,I dig the styling👍
Maybe they are working on LED's that cover both functions for in there. Nice touch either way.

Moody

Reaction score
Wow. That's a lot of work. How much money do you think you will have into building this plug? Or another question would be is how many boats do you have to sell to break even?

God bless you. Looks risky.

ICB1

Reaction score

Docking lights will be going in the recessed area, individual evenly spaced white led lights which resemble the Audi headlights. I didn't catch Larry's comment about nav lights my mistake. I agree with the symmetry so I had to compromise, the windshields are exactly the same and everything forward is the same. However the face of the passenger dash is a little forward of the drivers side and it's really not obvious. We decided to do it this way since we are offering it with the traditional L style seating as we'll.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Docking lights will be going in the recessed area, individual evenly spaced white led lights which resemble the Audi headlights. I didn't catch Larry's comment about nav lights my mistake. I agree with the symmetry so I had to compromise, the windshields are exactly the same and everything forward is the same. However the face of the passenger dash is a little forward of the drivers side and it's really not obvious. We decided to do it this way since we are offering it with the traditional L style seating as we'll.
Will the buckets be even when you do the more traditional seating. I think if the windshields and the seats are even, the dash face won't be so important. The steering wheel would make them feel different anyway.

ICB1

Reaction score
Maybe they are working on LED's that cover both functions for in there. Nice touch either way.

We will have an RGB option on all of our LED lights throughout the boat including the docking lights but it won't be leagle to use as nav lights. Something to look into though.

ICB1

Reaction score
Will the buckets be even when you do the more traditional seating. I think if the windshields and the seats are even, the dash face won't be so important. The steering wheel would make them feel different anyway.

We will have the option to do it any way the customer wants, it all depends how much seating someone requires. The first two boats that are being built will have the seats even per the customers request.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Wow. That's a lot of work. How much money do you think you will have into building this plug? Or another question would be is how many boats do you have to sell to break even?

God bless you. Looks risky.

I don't want to speak for ICB,but consider the cost of laying up a part out of a mold as a starting point,lots of extra glass for strength.Gallons and gallons(cases) of bondo,gallons and gallons of sanding primer.
Sand paper..that 3M sand paper is big bucks by itself,and all grits are needed,from 80 to 1500.
Then there's the labor costs.Months of labor,by someone who knows wtf they are doing.One wrong angle or misjudgement of angle and the plug will not release from the mold.
Add wax,waxing labor,electricity to run the lights,the compressor,the chargers for electric drills,saws,probably a few fans,etc.I'm sure I'm leaving out some stuff somewhere.

In other words,,a shitload of money!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

That aside,looking good ICB

Docking lights don't have to be.

We will have an RGB option on all of our LED lights throughout the boat including the docking lights but it won't be leagle to use as nav lights. Something to look into though.

RGB option?

RD

Moody

Reaction score
No way of C&C ing a block of foam in the shape you want. Hard coat. Cast your mold. And then ready to mass produce?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
No way of C&C ing a block of foam in the shape you want. Hard coat. Cast your mold. And then ready to mass produce?

Sure you can,and it's been done.
I believe DCB's new big boat was CNC'd plug,and Schiada's 40+footer was also.
Big bucks!

lavish62

Reaction score
Cnc cost is much higher than a traditional plug but much more precise. There is video if you YouTube the M41, it's also on the dcb's website.

ICB1

Reaction score
We considered the the CNC process but since we were just making cosmetic changes it didn't pencil out.

ICB1

Reaction score
The final details and polishing have been completed and now we are laying glass for the mold.

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg