Year: 2000
Make: Hallett
Model: 270T
Length: 27'
Engines: Twin Mercruiser 377" Scorpions 380HP each
Propulsion: Bravo 1 outdrives
Prop: 26 pitch Labbed Bravo 1 4 blade Stainless
Top speed: 82 on the pitot speedo, but 76 on the GPS
Pros: Very easy on fuel, typically burns about 10 GPH, and very ergonomically comfortable, nice build quality, very maneuverable around the docks because of the twin engines.

Cons: The boat is Ok in mild chop, but not so good in really rough water, it is fairly light weight, which is why it performs so well, but when the going gets rough it isn't big or heavy enough.

Overall: Overall I will give it an A, just don't go in really rough water and all is ok.

Year: 1976
Make: Barron Sprint by Hallett Boats
Model: Flat Bottom, circle race boat
Length: 17'
Engine: Built by QMP Racing engines and it is a 523" Big Block Chevy with Brodix aluminum heads, Dart tall deck block, Calles crank and rods, Titanium valves, 871 blower and Enderle Bird Catcher injector. Dynoed at 976 HP.
Propulsion: Snout drive and 40% overdrive in the Casale V-Drive.
Prop: Menkins Steel 11" x 14 pitch 2 blade
Top speed: Calcs to be 132 mph (but I haven't driven it that fast yet)
Pros: The Barron Sprint flat bottom is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on, or off as far as that goes! Fast, handles like it is on rails, no bad habits, just fun, lots of fun.

Cons: The water has to be pretty flat, but that is a given with all flat bottoms.

Overall: Makes lots of noise and goes fast, what more could you ask for! I love the boat, my wife hates it!

Dave Kahn