WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Truck Down At Cattail Cove On Sunday

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
My son was out on Havasu with his friend's family on Sunday and saw a truck go down as they passed by Cattail Cove and snapped this pic.
Anybody have any details?

Attachments

• IMG_1986.jpg
    IMG_1986.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 10

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Looks to me like another Powerjoke got put out of it's misery.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
With the way that back end is lifted, do you think there is a trailer under it? maybe launched by him self, left truck on ramp came back and truck rolled down into water???

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Now that you mention it you might be onto something.

With the way that back end is lifted, do you think there is a trailer under it? maybe launched by him self, left truck on ramp came back and truck rolled down into water???

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Although normally blown head gaskets are a negative thing, in this case the empty and highly pressurized coolant reservoir kept it afloat.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Damn, that is a bad day boating. I'd rather stay at work.

cxr

Reaction score
in case this ever happens to me..

how do I get it out?

tow truck
vessel assist
can I tie a rope and try to pull it up where the tires touch again

and a really dumb question if can get the front end out and all the water drains down can I start and drive?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

how do I get it out?

tow truck
vessel assist

and a really dumb question if can get the front end out and all the water drains down can I start and drive?

How do you get it out.... If those guys were lucky enough to have someone at the ramp with a tow strap at that very moment, they could have walked/swam out, hooked it to the front of the frame, and pulled it out. All really depends on how full of water it got. If the cab is full it would probably be to heavy for your standard tow straps. Tow truck with a winch would do the trick.

I don't know If I'd try to just fire it up. I guess if you pulled the air intake off and it was still dry in the inlet tube you could try, but that's pretty risky. Let alone all the electrical that was probably under water might prevent you from doing anything with it.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Submerged vehicles are written off. You don't want to own one...Katrina vehicles, anyone?

HavasuHaulin

Reaction score
If you think about it, thats a great way to get rid of a problem. Just saved himself some money.

530RL

Reaction score

how do I get it out?

tow truck
vessel assist

I have no idea how that could happen in a modern truck in neutral and with the parking brake on?

But if it does, open all doors and stand on the roof jumping up and down. You want it completely submerged for insurance purposes. :)

riverratmike

Reaction score
Chevy and GM SUCK! Ford all the way! Just puttin' in my .02 LOL

General Motors knew about the ignition problems in 2001 but hid the information from the public!
June 17, 2014 ? As Reported by Time, GM Recalls 3.4 Million more cars for ignition problems.
March 13, 2014 ? The Center for Auto Safety released a study revealing more than 300 deaths in accidents where GM airbags failed in the recalled car models!

According to Forbes GM?s decision not to create a new part number caused years of delay in tracing a defect on nearly 2.6 million Chevrolet Cobalt, Saturn Ion and other Saturn and Pontiac models. The cars? ignitions could slip out of position cutting power to the vehicle. GM has recalled those vehicles and also disclosed that the defective parts may have been used in earlier repairs on those vehicles.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
My eyes might be deceiving me, but that looks like Ford to me. :D

wishiknew

Reaction score

General Motors knew about the ignition problems in 2001 but hid the information from the public!
June 17, 2014 ? As Reported by Time, GM Recalls 3.4 Million more cars for ignition problems.
March 13, 2014 ? The Center for Auto Safety released a study revealing more than 300 deaths in accidents where GM airbags failed in the recalled car models!

According to Forbes GM?s decision not to create a new part number caused years of delay in tracing a defect on nearly 2.6 million Chevrolet Cobalt, Saturn Ion and other Saturn and Pontiac models. The cars? ignitions could slip out of position cutting power to the vehicle. GM has recalled those vehicles and also disclosed that the defective parts may have been used in earlier repairs on those vehicles.

and your point is ?????? That's A Ford Floating around

robby dmax

Reaction score
d

come on really... like ford has never had any problems?? lets try 2003 2006 power junk diesels biggest piece of shit made.. everybody that I know that has one or had one had problems.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Explorers that flip, cruise control units that burst into flames. Pintos that EXPLODE on impact! Every mfg has their shit problems at one time or the other. Me personally, i will take the chance of hanging a heavy key chain from my ignition and possibly bumping it to the off position in my chevy any day over a 6.0 powerchoke nightmare

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score

If you think a mechanical switch with a key is faulty, wait until the newest cars start failing from dead batteries/ corrosion in the key fob.

If a key is modified in any way including attached to a key ring, in the manufacturing world that is a modification that requires a change request which has to go under engineering and quality controls scrutiny. I suppose if that truck does not perform underwater it is defective as well?

ICB1

Reaction score
It's probably just Ford testing the new Raptor marine engine.

robby dmax

Reaction score

Mike I just wanna know if you have one of the sucky GM motors in your boat?? Or do you have the awesome big blue motor in it??:D
And not the Mercury big blue... but the big oval.

CobraDave

Reaction score
I have never experienced that but I figure early intervention is key. If the truck is sliding back take the boat back off the trailer. I figure at least that would get the truck to be able to pull forward. Then an idea would be to air down the rear tires for better traction. All handled nice and easy.

88vector

Reaction score
I have never experienced that but I figure early intervention is key. If the truck is sliding back take the boat back off the trailer. I figure at least that would get the truck to be able to pull forward. Then an idea would be to air down the rear tires for better traction. All handled nice and easy.
You don't want any tire slip in your truck. We both know what happened last time you did a burn out....

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Explorers that flip, cruise control units that burst into flames. Pintos that EXPLODE on impact! Every mfg has their shit problems at one time or the other. Me personally, i will take the chance of hanging a heavy key chain from my ignition and possibly bumping it to the off position in my chevy any day over a 6.0 powerchoke nightmare

Holy shit, you just gave away your age!!! :D

CobraDave

Reaction score
Let's hear the beginning!;)

Well we always have the My truck is better than your truck battle. He has a Chevy 2500 and I have a Tundra. Just prior to getting new tires I decided i wanted to roast them pretty good being that I never have before. A few good runs into it my rear end started binding and I couldn't move. I shut it down and when I started it up it was better but binded while making sharp turns. Toyota had to replace the whole diff. Now when Vector88 is losing the argument, he likes to remind me of that day.

88vector

Reaction score
Well we always have the My truck is better than your truck battle. He has a Chevy 2500 and I have a Tundra. Just prior to getting new tires I decided i wanted to roast them pretty good being that I never have before. A few good runs into it my rear end started binding and I couldn't move. I shut it down and when I started it up it was better but binded while making sharp turns. Toyota had to replace the whole diff. Now when Vector88 is losing the argument, he likes to remind me of that day.
You lost the argument when that happened so Mcshove it...Bnag!